• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

08' Pensacola Report Dates?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You haven't heard anything, or no one knows anything? I would be more proactive than reactive at this point, especially a few weeks out from graduation. The ones selected at our unit weren't asked to consider anything because we already had our selections. However, 4 had their service selections withheld, and offered nuc, 3 of which bought into it. Like someone said earlier, the waiting has lost that comical feeling. I would be asking questions if I were you. With ship selection on April 14th, hopefully the nuc BS will be over, and you'll have your answer. HOPEFULLY.

The SWO ranking list came out today. Everyone from my unit did pretty well, but (not having the opportunity to talk to friends from other schools yet) it seems the list is really short. People I know from other schools who only put SWO down on their selection sheets are not on the list. Really weird, I guess the whole cluster fuck is not over yet.

Oh well, onto arranging stash-hood at home for a little bit, assuming I'm moving to Pcola in early summer.

gotta_fly

pilot
Hey everyone, just a heads up, I just got the same spreadsheet requesting all my info and my detach date input a little while ago. Supposedly they're due to higher (outside my unit somewhere) this afternoon, so that may be a sign that we'll hear something soon.

In general I tend to officially hear things later than most people on here, so if I'm hearing it, there's a pretty good chance everyone else is too.

IrishEagle85

Just verifying and confirming what the others said, but today we were told to choose from the given months June, July, August, and September. Almost all of us put down June so we can get API done with sooner, although I suspect the USNA kids will get the first go.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Just verifying and confirming what the others said, but today we were told to choose from the given months June, July, August, and September. Almost all of us put down June so we can get API done with sooner, although I suspect the USNA kids will get the first go.

We were given the same yesterday. Put down August. After this semester, I need some time to relax before jumping back into school.

IrishEagle85

We were given the same yesterday. Put down August. After this semester, I need some time to relax before jumping back into school.

Initially, that's what I wanted to do as well. But our unit was making a big fuss about getting into API ASAP in order to class up as soon as possible. They told us it's a really big deal 10-15 years from now when promotion becomes extremely competitive, and that's the same I've heard from the senior officers that I usually talk to.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Initially, that's what I wanted to do as well. But our unit was making a big fuss about getting into API ASAP in order to class up as soon as possible. They told us it's a really big deal 10-15 years from now when promotion becomes extremely competitive, and that's the same I've heard from the senior officers that I usually talk to.

I'm not eligible for IFS anyway, so that'll cut down a little on my time between detaching and winging. From what I've heard anyway, a lot of the waiting in the pipeline is around that. But yeah, I've heard the same thing - waiting around too long isn't a good career move over the long term.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Are you guys kidding? There are a handful of us who may end up getting through a bit faster, but the majority of folks down here are in the pool for a good chunk of time. If you consider that to be the baseline of Aviation O's to come, then I can't see any reason why big Navy would punish you for pipeline hold-ups.....not to mention the fact that you will get held up throughout your training, not just waiting to class up for API. I wouldn't worry too much. If you told that to someone down here, they would probably just laugh in your face and tell you to be patient. Just sayin....

DoubleDuce

pilot
I can't decide if I'm excited to be around you boys in a few months because you're just as pumped as me and want as much info as possible, or if I'm already reading posts from ppl that can't chill and let what happens happen. The Navy has your number, they're going to call it. Luckily for us we know its not a matter of career choice, just training dates.

UMichfly

pilot
None
I can't decide if I'm excited to be around you boys in a few months because you're just as pumped as me and want as much info as possible, or if I'm already reading posts from ppl that can't chill and let what happens happen. The Navy has your number, they're going to call it. Luckily for us we know its not a matter of career choice, just training dates.

+1
That's a damn insightful 8th post right there IMHO.

IrishEagle85

It's not so much the actual Flight School that I'm thinking about, but trying to estimate a rough time line to give my fiancee, so we'll have a general idea of when we can set the wedding down the road ;-) Initially, I just wasn't sure if I was going to be reporting June, August, December, etc so this just gives me a better idea of what's going on in my personal life.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
It's not so much the actual Flight School that I'm thinking about, but trying to estimate a rough time line to give my fiancee, so we'll have a general idea of when we can set the wedding down the road ;-) Initially, I just wasn't sure if I was going to be reporting June, August, December, etc so this just gives me a better idea of what's going on in my personal life.

Don't try to game the system. Best bet is to set a date and ask for leave. 99% you'll get it.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yeah, if you still need to do IFS (which I believe you do right?) you will be sitting on your butt in A-pool for a good while. Leave is not a huge deal in A-pool from what I have heard, at least once you get all your check in boxes checked.