• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

08' Pensacola Report Dates?

USF_Bull

Agreed...We actually still have two MIDs who haven't selected yet. One was told she is SNA (Pending), and the other is SNA/SNFO (Pending). Nobody knows that that means...it's driving us crazy.

SingDixieGoNavy

BeerMan
pilot
Hey Guys just a heads up, I got my report date the day I graduated. I graduated May 12th and was due in pensacola (from colorado) on June 1st. Of course my actual orders didn't arrive until a week or two later. So be patient, but be ready to move. It can jump up and get you. Also unless API has changed significantly, you will have some stash time when you get there to get settled in. Also, if you dont know the BOQ there is pretty full. They probably will not let you stay the whole 6weeks plus wait plus IFS time. Talk to PSD. You are probably getting TAD orders (which sucks because you only get a 600lb moving allowance) so technically you cant sign a lease. You can stay in a hotel, that the navy pays for (again verify all of this with PSD). The last lease thought--there is talk of Whiting making all unmarried JO's live in the BOQ. So now if you have a lease and go to whiting and couldnt get out of your lease (b/c whiting and NAS PCOLA are close) you are stuck in a bad situation. I know this is all worst case info, but just be aware that things dont always work out very easily. This is just my experience but I know short notice often occurs. Hope this helps.

IrishEagle85

Agreed...We actually still have two MIDs who haven't selected yet. One was told she is SNA (Pending), and the other is SNA/SNFO (Pending). Nobody knows that that means...it's driving us crazy.

As I understand it, they could be SNA/SNFO pending medical clearance from NAMI. That's how I was labeled until I received my PRK waiver.

adam28270

We just put in for what date we wanted to go to Pensacola. This was the list provided to us:

1. 06 JUN
2. 27 JUN
3. 11 JUL
4. 25JUL
5. 01 AUG
6. 22 AUG
7. 05 SEP
8. 19 SEP
9. 03 OCT
10. 24 OCT
11. 07 NOV

Heard a rumor that they may be trying to limit the stash time in Pensacola this year. In other words, they are trying to give us a realistic starting date, and before that we are stashed at our units. Anyone else heard the same?

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Heard a rumor that they may be trying to limit the stash time in Pensacola this year. In other words, they are trying to give us a realistic starting date, and before that we are stashed at our units. Anyone else heard the same?

Who told you that???

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
That was a pretty good video. But I really wouldn't worry about it. I mean would your gf really like you hanging out at the beach everyday with all those drunk redneck girls who will... I digress.

When is the CO retiring? or are they just going to make him permanently the CO? I don't think he would mind.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We just put in for what date we wanted to go to Pensacola. This was the list provided to us:

1. 06 JUN
2. 27 JUN
3. 11 JUL
4. 25JUL
5. 01 AUG
6. 22 AUG
7. 05 SEP
8. 19 SEP
9. 03 OCT
10. 24 OCT
11. 07 NOV

Hmm, our CO told us this week something completely opposite. He said in years past they had given out a list of dates and we got to pick when we wanted to go, but he said this year he was told that we effectively got no say and that we'd go when "they" said, and that would be in the early summer unless we had a really good reason.

Meatloaf

pilot
Hmm, our CO told us this week something completely opposite. He said in years past they had given out a list of dates and we got to pick when we wanted to go, but he said this year he was told that we effectively got no say and that we'd go when "they" said, and that would be in the early summer unless we had a really good reason.

We were given the listed dates and told to fill out a dream sheet, but were told that what we chose has no effect on when we go.

AUtiger

Crossing over to the dark side
pilot
We don't have to go to OCS before API. When is your report date? June?

IrishEagle85

snfo_tiki said:
I'm reporting to API in December. Do you know of anyone who will be down there that late?

I don't think most people have received their orders to API yet; I know my unit hasn't. Holding my breath for this or next week.

AUtiger

Crossing over to the dark side
pilot
Yeah no one in NROTC has gotten orders yet because there is a giant cluster f**k going on with that. We had been told initially that we would all be down there by July at the latest. I'm sure you won't have a problem with finding someone for December with all the August graduates and maybe the December NROTC graduates coming up.

adam28270

D-Rob, not sure when the CO is leaving, there hasn't been really any talk of his retirement. I would assume within the next year since he has already been here for 3. Can't say for sure though.

DMace55

I just talked with my LT about reporting dates which just came out today.
LTs are basically given a spreadsheet with our names and information. We select the month that we want to go down, May thru Sept. There were no actual dates on the sheet, just a month.
There is also a notes section if there are any special circumstances, ie family weddings, or special occasions that would hinder your arrival in Pensacola.

I filled out my preferences today. But it will probably be another long wait until we actually get our dates and orders.