• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 03Nov2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Jacksa71

I read on Reddit from one guy claiming that OCS now has fewer rollable events and the standards are a little bit easier. One being that RLP is no longer as strict.

Can anyone confirm?
Do your best in every event. I seen ppl roll back 6-9 weeks. Two in my class and one in the class behind me. It’s easier to kick you from the program with the changes

BDavis11

Contributor
I remember seeing your posts from a long time ago. Congrats on your selection. Ocs will be a cake walk if you're prepared mentally and physically. It still will suck more than anything, but it's the guys and gals who don't truly want to be there who fail.
Thank bro. I’m here now. It’s been interesting. And you are right, the mindset you are in can make or break ur time here

BDavis11

Contributor
Do your best in every event. I seen ppl roll back 6-9 weeks. Two in my class and one in the class behind me. It’s easier to kick you from the program with the changes
Can confirm! Don’t come here thinking it’s going to be easier. My class gained notoriety from our GroupMe talking like that. They let us know from the Jump “think shit is sweet and your going to FAFO! As Jacksa said do your best and put out for every event. Events might not be “rollable” but there are workarounds for that

Tommy051

Second time applying and got selected for NFO. OCS date is January 21st, but my recruiter said he’s hearing they want us to report to Newport a week early. Kinda sucks because I had a trip planned that week but I’ve been waiting over 2 years for this so can’t say no now lol

BDavis11

Contributor
Second time applying and got selected for NFO. OCS date is January 21st, but my recruiter said he’s hearing they want us to report to Newport a week early. Kinda sucks because I had a trip planned that week but I’ve been waiting over 2 years for this so can’t say no now lol
Yea u guys get that extra week for processing aka P-week

abigail vytlas

OCS SNFO/AMDO
Can confirm! Don’t come here thinking it’s going to be easier. My class gained notoriety from our GroupMe talking like that. They let us know from the Jump “think shit is sweet and your going to FAFO! As Jacksa said do your best and put out for every event. Events might not be “rollable” but there are workarounds for that
You must be there with my two friends from my command that will be MQ-25 WOs.

Also got selected for NFO this round, woot woot! 10 years in the making. Was scheduled for Feb 11th, but was able to get it pushed to May 8th. Currently scheduled for a surgery in 2 weeks and luckily my command would like to keep me for a bit longer. Just went through Chief season so mentally I’m ready, just gotta get physically ready.

BDavis11

Contributor

Also got selected for NFO this round, woot woot! 10 years in the making. Was scheduled for Feb 11th, but was able to get it pushed to May 8th. Currently scheduled for a surgery in 2 weeks and luckily my command would like to keep me for a bit longer. Just went through Chief season so mentally I’m ready, just gotta get physically ready.
Dm me their names. I have a good guess who one might be. And hell yea congrats on being selected for chief and nfo!

Good Evening All,

Congrats to those accepted. Certainly good Christmas news. I am active duty enlisted, applying for the April SNFO/SNA board 2024. My DIVO is recommending me to compare my Officer Programs Application form to someone who has gotten accepted this year, minus the PII. Would anyone be willing to send me something to work with?

Love this community, will be my second time applying to OCS.

Happy Holidays

exNavyOffRec

Make sure you are 100% prior to OCS, if you are not get that date pushed out again. The doc will also have to sign off that you are fully recovered from whatever surgery it is.

exNavyOffRec

Good Evening All,

Congrats to those accepted. Certainly good Christmas news. I am active duty enlisted, applying for the April SNFO/SNA board 2024. My DIVO is recommending me to compare my Officer Programs Application form to someone who has gotten accepted this year, minus the PII. Would anyone be willing to send me something to work with?

Love this community, will be my second time applying to OCS.

Happy Holidays
I get the feeling your DIVO is trying to use NROTC application logic to an OCS application and it doesn't work like that. The OCS applications are really just a compilation of data, those on AD have the officer interviews but other than that it is all about the PFAR and FOFAR scores.

The biggest change now is going to be immediate selection for those that meet those requirements (straight 7's for SNA, straight 6's for SNFO, GPA 3.0 or greater, and no waivers), that means anyone that doesn't meet those requirements will be fighting for what is leftover and that might not be much.

johnpauljones1776

Un-salted butter bar (non prior)
Dm me their names. I have a good guess who one might be. And hell yea congrats on being selected for chief and nfo!
FYI everyone, ocs staff knows about this site and it is a dumb idea to be posting/disclosing info about ocs while you’re going through the program whether you’re on stand down or not. Especially when you clearly have a picture of yourself and your name as your profile handle. Great way to get sea walled or dropped.

abigail vytlas

OCS SNFO/AMDO
Thank you and congratulations to you! Glad to hear you made it, wasn’t on the chat the last board so I must’ve missed it.

Good luck to you for the rest of the time you have there, stay out of trouble!
Make sure you are 100% prior to OCS, if you are not get that date pushed out again. The doc will also have to sign off that you are fully recovered from whatever surgery it is.
Appreciate that logic, definitely want to be 100% but also push forward with the surgery and follow the doc’s orders.

Tgonzo29

You have an outstanding PFAR, the only thing I think that could have been holding you back was the "waiver" tag since they limit how many they accept with waivers, glad to see you made it.
thank you sir! definitely feels good to finally get across the goal line

exNavyOffRec

Thank you and congratulations to you! Glad to hear you made it, wasn’t on the chat the last board so I must’ve missed it.

Good luck to you for the rest of the time you have there, stay out of trouble!

Appreciate that logic, definitely want to be 100% but also push forward with the surgery and follow the doc’s orders.
To be clear not saying skip surgery, just communicate clearly with your doc and NRC on your recovery, NRC works well with people when there is good communication and a path forward.

jacobsolo

Perhaps someone who’s active duty can answer this, or anyone who knows:

When moving around in the Navy, due to orders, does the Navy provide movers or must we do that?

I ask because I’m trying to figure out what to keep and what to get rid of before OCS.