• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 03Nov2023 SNA/SNFO Board

BDavis11

Contributor
Perhaps someone who’s active duty can answer this, or anyone who knows:

When moving around in the Navy, due to orders, does the Navy provide movers or must we do that?

I ask because I’m trying to figure out what to keep and what to get rid of before OCS.
The navy will move you if you choose

pcola478

Perhaps someone who’s active duty can answer this, or anyone who knows:

When moving around in the Navy, due to orders, does the Navy provide movers or must we do that?

I ask because I’m trying to figure out what to keep and what to get rid of before OCS.
I think they at least pay for it. Have some friends down here in Pensacola who have done that recently

ktraum

70 9/9/9
I met with my recruiter yesterday and learned a few things. First of all, at the previous OCS class, there was a 3 day turnaround between OCS graduation and check-in at Pensacola for the SNA/SNFO folks.

It might be a good idea to think ahead and pack some stuff up before leaving for OCS.

Lastly, I was told that this board had around a 50% acceptance rate for SNA and 75% acceptance rate for NFO.

BDavis11

Contributor
I met with my recruiter yesterday and learned a few things. First of all, at the previous OCS class, there was a 3 day turnaround between OCS graduation and check-in at Pensacola for the SNA/SNFO folks.

It might be a good idea to think ahead and pack some stuff up before leaving for OCS.

Lastly, I was told that this board had around a 50% acceptance rate for SNA and 75% acceptance rate for NFO.
Check in is the following Friday

99 Donuts

Gratz to those who made it, good luck to the next board to those who didn't. I'm gonna lurk to get more info as I'm just starting uni and want to be an NFO someday.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Gratz to those who made it, good luck to the next board to those who didn't. I'm gonna lurk to get more info as I'm just starting uni and want to be an NFO someday.

If I had to do it over I’d do NROTC also, it will help you out if you have questions medically and expose you the lifestyle. You’ll know if you can be an NA/NFO as well, where OCS it isn’t guaranteed (dependent on flight physical) at OCS

All my ROTC buddies in my fraternity loved it. Some don’t like it but everyone has their own opinion. Oh and you also don’t have to go to OCS

99 Donuts

If I had to do it over I’d do NROTC also, it will help you out if you have questions medically and expose you the lifestyle. You’ll know if you can be an NA/NFO as well, where OCS it isn’t guaranteed (dependent on flight physical) at OCS

All my ROTC buddies in my fraternity loved it. Some don’t like it but everyone has their own opinion. Oh and you also don’t have to go to OCS
Prior service go through OCS as well, right? I read something about a direct commission source and I'm not sure what it applies to.

EDIT: Yes they do

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

That isn't a bad acceptance rate, it falls in line with historical averages.

PhlyHigh94

If anyone needs any advice on OCS, let me know. I was in Class 06-20 G company back in 2019. Short story is OCS is the best fun you’ll never want to repeat again. My best advice is “don’t stress and don’t sweat it. Everything looks a lot more serious than it is, and don’t forget the Marine DI’s are the nicest dudes you’ll ever meet, they just scream and yell and are mean af until you get to JOC phase, after that you’ll realize they are the only ones watching after you. If you take nothing from this, just remember this; DO NOT TRUST ANYONE there period. Weak characters tend to develop stockholm syndrome and will tell on you about the smallest things. You will get PRB’d and thrown out without any chance to defend yourself. And keep your mouth shut. Go to Friday meetings after day is done. It’s a good way to keep in touch with civilians and get some news from the outside; trust me you will miss it a lot. Also go to Saturday and Sunday mast, they have coffee and donuts and great conversations. I highly recommend you attend men’s bible study on Tuesdays. I belong to a totally different religion but loved going to Tuesday meeting for coffee and snacks and stories.

PhlyHigh94

Same man. Guess looking at the results it doesn’t hurt. People with 6s even got in for pilot
I was selected SNA with 45 5-7-6 and 3.5 gpa back in August board in 2019. Board met in August 13th and I heard on august 23rd. I was in OCS in Nov 3 parked by Callaghan hall getting yelled at in the cold. Most fun I ever had . Hearing loss is what ended my career in the Navy.

warrenw1993

I was selected SNA with 45 5-7-6 and 3.5 gpa back in August board in 2019. Board met in August 13th and I heard on august 23rd. I was in OCS in Nov 3 parked by Callaghan hall getting yelled at in the cold. Most fun I ever had . Hearing loss is what ended my career in the Navy.

Is that were the student long term parking is for us people driving up, or is somewhere else?