• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whiting BOQ

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
This is sad. I see this has happened before but C'Mon! These are Officers and adults here. Having someone move from their apartment (with their furniture) to a BOQ where they can't take all theri stuff is UNSAT.

Mission accomplishment, troop welfare? This clearly fails. Living in the Q is accomplishing a mission in no way related to the SNA mission as far as I can tell.

And is the Gov at least picking up moving expenses for the guys moving from their apartment to the Q?

I guess this is super-annoying to me because it is dumb stuff like this that gives the military a reputation for being trite, myopic, and unreasonable.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Just out of curiosity, how often does this happen and how long does it last? I'll refrain from griping for now....I could still get Vance.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
This is sad. I see this has happened before but C'Mon! These are Officers and adults here. Having someone move from their apartment (with their furniture) to a BOQ where they can't take all theri stuff is UNSAT.

Mission accomplishment, troop welfare? This clearly fails. Living in the Q is accomplishing a mission in no way related to the SNA mission as far as I can tell.

And is the Gov at least picking up moving expenses for the guys moving from their apartment to the Q?

I guess this is super-annoying to me because it is dumb stuff like this that gives the military a reputation for being trite, myopic, and unreasonable.
SNA's do not get any money for moving to Whiting.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This only applies for SNAs going to Whiting for primary, right? They've been telling us here that both SNFOs and SNAs will have to live in base housing for API. I just wanted to check about this before I sign a lease for a house off base.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
How close are they to filling the Whiting Q to capacity?
Seeing as it just happened and I think very few people have been put in there. I predict it will go on for a while (at least a couple more months).

Tom

pilot
Contributor
This only applies for SNAs going to Whiting for primary, right? They've been telling us here that both SNFOs and SNAs will have to live in base housing for API. I just wanted to check about this before I sign a lease for a house off base.
It applies to every SNA checking into TRAWING 5 (Helo is included).

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None

This is also the same base that won't turn street lights on at night in the name of safety to save $11,000 a year. (Just so someone's FITREP and efficiency gets her...or him Captain)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This is also the same base that won't turn street lights on at night in the name of safety to save $11,000 a year. (Just so someone's FITREP and efficiency gets her...or him Captain)

The kibosh has been put on that whole fiasco. New base CO, so those "methods" have been reduced a lot.

SNA's do not get any money for moving to Whiting.

And they shouldn't, it's not a PCS.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
For curiosity's sake, what type of inspection is this?

When I was there, it was generally a once over to make sure that you didn't burn the place down or stockpile explosives in your room. Wanton buffoonery check, if you will.

.It's not an RLP. Not even remotely so.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
And they shouldn't, it's not a PCS.

Well, I find that again to be UNSAT. They are handing a guy a bill for moving because they are forcing him to move out of his APT at the end of the lease?

They are FORCING a move, but not ready to pay for it? Sad.

I know...I'll beat someone to it: Just get a couple of buddies and get them beer and pizzas!

Besides the fact of invonviencing your friends over what should be a non-issue, what happend when someone stumbles and your TV ends up broken? Or all the damage to that new sofa from accidently getting stuck on a nail...etc, etc. Now you are stuck with paying for that, too.

Here you go, ensign! You must move out of your apartment, pay extra to live in a BOQ (unless you are a moron, you make buku bucks staying in town; I lived alone in Gov Gate and still came out a little ahead), pay extra to move, and pay extra to have your stuff stored. If you had made some finincial decisions (or heaven forbid, have child support or something), your pockets could be running on fumes real quick.

Classic, really.