• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whiting BOQ

Gitr

There's a new rumor at schools command that all single pilots going to Whiting for primary will be required to live in the BOQ. Anybody heard anything to that effect from the Wing?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
There's a new rumor at schools command that all single pilots going to Whiting for primary will be required to live in the BOQ. Anybody heard anything to that effect from the Wing?

This happened back in 2000/01, so it's not unheard of. I haven't heard anything in the last few weeks, but I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet since the Q was renovated. When they did it in the past, they grandfathered in guys that were already in API and beyond since they had signed a lease. But now that everything is TAD/non-PCS for single guys down there, I can see how they could get you when they send you up to NASWF.

So, in short: I don't know.

Rubiks06

pilot
Wouldn't be such a bad thing. Youve got a bar right there and you dont have to walk far to work. What more do you need.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Heard it on Thursday. Don't know how many people it will affect. I do know one girl that was pretty pissed, because she had to find a place where she could put all her furniture.

UMichfly

pilot
None
If this is more than just a rumor, anyone hear whether or not they're going to grandfather those of us in API into off-base housing like gatordev is talking about?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Heard it on Thursday. Don't know how many people it will affect. I do know one girl that was pretty pissed, because she had to find a place where she could put all her furniture.

Waaahh....:sleep_125

That 75$ a month is definitely gonna break the bank.

Coming from someone who has had to live in the barracks in his career...this really isn't a big deal and in fact, will save you guys some money. It's not like they are saying you can't go out...

I realize alot of you guys aren't whining about this, but just looking for info...but for those who are...stop. There are many more important things to worry about in primary.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Waaahh....:sleep_125

That 75$ a month is definitely gonna break the bank.

Coming from someone who has had to live in the barracks in his career...this really isn't a big deal and in fact, will save you guys some money. It's not like they are saying you can't go out...

I realize alot of you guys aren't whining about this, but just looking for info...but for those who are...stop. There are many more important things to worry about in primary.

Yeah, gotta agree with Scoob, barracks, or in this case, BOQ living isn't that bad, and considering you'll be two minutes from the squadron, not bad for those 5 am briefs.

And while I know how the one girl with the furniture feels, she'll make it up with what she's not spending in utilities, etc.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I do know one girl that was pretty pissed, because she had to find a place where she could put all her furniture.

A word to the wise...don't go chasing down the Base CO through a parking lot w/ a request chit trying to get out of it if you're already targeted. Someone did that when I was a student and fun was not had by all.

anyone hear whether or not they're going to grandfather those of us in API into off-base housing like gatordev is talking about?

Just to reiterate, I was talking about back when I was a stud, so don't use my lack of knowledge as gospel. Just sayin'.

phrogpilot73

speaking of said bar at the Q...wings, does Amy still work there???
And are people still giving her XS shirts??

I remember when it happened in '00 (I was still in Primary, so it had to be '00). I signed a lease and the next day they came out with the policy. One of the instructors asked me if I had a crystal ball... Damn, I was lucky!

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
I heard rumors that they were also letting single students move into two-bedroom family housing since it's so empty and they're getting ready to renovate. Couldn't hurt to ask for all those people with furniture or pets etc.

whitman

Whiting BOQ's are not worth $1036/month, single O-1 BAH.

Scoober, how will living on base "save you money"?

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
Right, but if you have, say, two roomates, like alot of single students do, then its: (Rent+utilities)/3. A significant savings.

phrogpilot73

Right, but if you have, say, two roomates, like alot of single students do, then its: (Rent+utilities)/3. A significant savings.
I agree. Scoober is married, so I'm assuming that he was referencing either living by yourself, or living with only your spouse (and no roommates).