• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whiting BOQ

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
I had similar experiences.

"Ticketed" for trash in trash can. Surprise inspection. What the hell am I supposed to do? Empty the trash everytime I leave the room?!!?!!!

I will NEVER live in the BOQ again if I can help it.

I dont know about every time you leave the room, but at least every morning when you leave for work.

MasterBates

If there is just a can or 2 of diet coke in there (read- nothing to stink) I don't take it out. Just a waste of a trash bag.

MasterBates

No, that is a Puma specific problem. I had a newspaper and 2 cans of Diet Coke in my trash when I got ticketed. and the lid was down as well.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
We would fail room inspection in the BEQ if we didn't take out the trash every morning. I would usually just pull out the coke cans and throw them in the dumpster on the way out rather than change the bag.

I submitted my selection today and we were told that if we get helos that we would most likely have to live in the BOQ. Anyone heard about advanced students having to live in the BOQ? They aren't feeding us much info and I'm trying to figure this out. I have 3500 lbs worth of stuff and a dog and I need to know if I need to have my stuff moved into storage or not and what to do with my dog.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
I submitted my selection today and we were told that if we get helos that we would most likely have to live in the BOQ. Anyone heard about advanced students having to live in the BOQ? They aren't feeding us much info and I'm trying to figure this out. I have 3500 lbs worth of stuff and a dog and I need to know if I need to have my stuff moved into storage or not and what to do with my dog.

Don't know if it is full yet (doubt it) but it does apply to Advanced guys/gals too from what I have heard.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
does showing up with an 85 pound terror of a dog and a lease in hand equal a waiver from this -11000 dollar a year policy?

I did some digging and some emailing and this is what I found out...

"CO and XO have begun a new campaign to increase occupancy of the Bachelor quarters at Whiting. Millions have been spent for renovations, and the CNIC (Commander Navy Installations Command) has directed each base activity to study the fact that we spend big money for renovations, yet still allow short-term student populations to also take their BAH and live in private housing.
Their goal is to increase occupancy on base first, only then allowing transient students to apply for BAH. Kinda sux, but I understand their rationale. TRAWING FIVE has data to show students do better when they live on base and “uncomplicated” their life while in school. I heard to day at our tenant command meeting that they are looking for storage facilities so that people like you (3500 lbs of goods) with stuff can do so for free. In fact from my point of view, you should insist if they make you stay on base, that they provide you with adequate storage for your things."

I also found out that having a pet is not a valid reason to get out of staying at the Q and that so far, if you show up with a signed lease in hand, that you can fill out a special request form for BAH and living off base (I've heard this from quite a few people).

I'm gonna risk signing a lease before I check in so see if I can get out of it. I don't really want to give away my dog or store all of my stuff. I think that the better scores reason and the uncomplicating of the students life while in school reason are valid for primary students who are learning the navy way of life and how to study for flight school. But advanced students already know how to study for flight school and know their strengths and weaknesses (for the most part).

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
But advanced students already know how to study for flight school and know their strengths and weaknesses (for the most part).

You advanced students are so salty!

I think I would go nuts and my grades would suffer if I was to stay in the Q. The only plus side I see if 15 minutes extra sleep but I couldn't care less about that.

The way to get out of living in the Q is quite obvious to me. Get married! Sounds like as good of a reason as any! :D

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
As a future Whiting Q resident for a couple of weeks, can someone tell me what the laundry facilities are like? Is it like a normal Q w/ machines on every deck?

jazzdude

the laundry machines are free at whiting. I think there is one on every deck, but not sure- just know where the closest one to me is