• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whiting BOQ

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Slight threadjack here...Does anyone know what is prompting this? Ensign's farqing up or what??? Seems like an odd policy to implement for no apparent reason.

I'll try again since no one wanted to believe me a few months/years back...

The Q was recently renovated (thanks to Ivan and Dennis) which means it has significantly more rooms available than before. Low occupancy is a bad thing for money, so...

This is my guess. When it happened when I was a student, it was the same thing. Occupancy got too low so they mandated residence.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
typical tool of a base CO. It happened in K-rock when I went through. #'s were low in the Q and budgets were tight. Going to close unless #s went up. Quick new rule, and the #s went up saving the Q.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Occupancy rates are down, the base CO doesn't want the Q shut down or cut back, so this is an easy fix. Honestly, nobody wins here. Now guys are forced to stay somewhere they don't want to stay and lose money, so you get a bunch of pissed off SNAs. Whiting gets to string along their oversized Q that they can't keep filled up without forcing people to live there. I say knock half the thing down and let my people go!

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
If already living off base in Milton for primary and if you select helo's would you then have to move into the Q?

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
So if your in a lease don't break it and you get to live off base? Is that what Im getting from this or do past living arrangements not even matter?

So if I finish primary(Milton) and select helos does that mean I will have to cut my lease for the Q?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I'll try again since no one wanted to believe me a few months/years back...

The Q was recently renovated (thanks to Ivan and Dennis) which means it has significantly more rooms available than before. Low occupancy is a bad thing for money, so...

This is my guess. When it happened when I was a student, it was the same thing. Occupancy got too low so they mandated residence.

Wow.:eek:

Sorry for the repeat Gator...musta missed it the first time.

phrogpilot73

So if your in a lease don't break it and you get to live off base? Is that what Im getting from this or do past living arrangements not even matter?

So if I finish primary(Milton) and select helos does that mean I will have to cut my lease for the Q?
If it's anything like when gatordev and I were going through Primary (and I expect that it is, applying the reasonable man approach), then if you're already in a lease - you don't break it. HOWEVER, when that lease expired (if you were still in flight training) you had to move into the Q. I signed a new lease the day before they instituted the policy when I went through, so I was lucky!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Wow.:eek:

Sorry for the repeat Gator...musta missed it the first time.

My "exasperation" wasn't really all that serious. I just find it amusing that I predicted this a year or two ago and some ignored it or said it wouldn't happen and then, guess what, it happened.

Gitr

After checking in today and getting a brief from the base HQ, it sounds like if you currently have a lease you will be good, you just have to route a chit. For all new students coming down to API post the Instruction's issuance (7 Mar), it will be Q town

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
After checking in today and getting a brief from the base HQ, it sounds like if you currently have a lease you will be good, you just have to route a chit. For all new students coming down to API post the Instruction's issuance (7 Mar), it will be Q town

So to clarify, to get out of the Q, do I need to have a lease signed before
- I get orders to primary?
- I check in to API?
- I check in to Primary?

Tom

pilot
Contributor
To get out of the BOQ you need to have a copy of your lease signed on a date before the rule was set (7 Mar). People are getting out of BOQ now because they made arrangements they can't get out of (year lease). All the new SNA's checking in to Whiting around this time will be the first group put into the BOQ.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Well, I am already in a lease for a place right outside NASP; I had wanted to move closer if I got Whiting, but I may have to suffer with a 50 minute commute to live in my own place.
:icon_rage