• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The most current PA for SWO does not ask for age waiver if your prior active duty and under 35. You just need to have a competitive eval and must be commissioned before your 35th birthday. I am 34 y/o, submitted my application without an age waiver or any verbage in my package asking for one and I didn't seem to have an issue with it.
I'd recommend to call the fleet processor to make sure though.

Thank you. I might have to do this cause I got a Welcome Aboard Promotable Eval. I do have a periodic EP and a transfer EP prior coming to this command. I have emailed the processors to verify if I still qualify since I am overage with a "P" eval

RyanScott

Does anyone know what wake ups are like at OCS? Are we allowed alarm clocks or are drill instructors going to scream at us? I’m a very heavy sleeper and I’m concerned about over sleeping

Option B man! Define heavy sleeper. Maybe start getting up at 0500.

mgreenan

Option B man! Define heavy sleeper. Maybe start getting up at 0500.
I asked my recruiter and he said option B too! I am going to start early wake ups.
Defining heavy sleeper by sleeping through 7 alarms in the morning. If not more. But with the lifestyle and stress at OCS I don’t think it’ll be a problem. I’m a bartender now so my sleep schedule is way off track. It’ll be better by April.

bnun89

I asked my recruiter and he said option B too! I am going to start early wake ups.
Defining heavy sleeper by sleeping through 7 alarms in the morning. If not more. But with the lifestyle and stress at OCS I don’t think it’ll be a problem. I’m a bartender now so my sleep schedule is way off track. It’ll be better by April.

What is option B?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
-Go to sleep at 2200.
-Ask/bribe your roommate or an adjacent person to wake you up.
-If you are still not waking up early enough, drink more H2O before lights out.
-You will be fine. Worry about more important things.

digitydave

DIs screaming at you.
If nothing else wakes me, that will.
You will have a room mate and two suite mates, so chances are one of you will not be a heavy sleeper. It will be a team event to ensure everyone is ready to march out to PT by 6, so peer accountability will be a thing. You won’t get to pick your first roommate, but you should be able to switch around week 4. If you haven’t adjusted to waking up early by then, I recommend you pick a roommate that isn’t a heavy sleeper. I’d also suggest getting a watch with a loud enough alarm clock to wake you or your roommate up.

bnun89

You will have a room mate and two suite mates, so chances are one of you will not be a heavy sleeper. It will be a team event to ensure everyone is ready to march out to PT by 6, so peer accountability will be a thing. You won’t get to pick your first roommate, but you should be able to switch around week 4. If you haven’t adjusted to waking up early by then, I recommend you pick a roommate that isn’t a heavy sleeper. I’d also suggest getting a watch with a loud enough alarm clock to wake you or your roommate up.

Do they take the watches away at the beginning?