• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

mgreenan

Does anyone know what wake ups are like at OCS? Are we allowed alarm clocks or are drill instructors going to scream at us? I’m a very heavy sleeper and I’m concerned about over sleeping

Newdecca

Do you think it’s safe to say that if you haven’t heard anything by now, it’s a no?

Not safe at all to assume No.

If you're civilian, reach out to your OR for confirmation. If you're military check BOL - advancement results. I've known for a week of my PRO REC status and my command still hasn't said anything to me.

Stephem

If you're civilian, reach out to your OR for confirmation. If you're military check BOL - advancement results. I've known for a week of my PRO REC status and my command still hasn't said anything to me.
If you applied for more than one designator, NRC will not notify your command until they get the result for the other board.

Thanks for the reassurance

Yes and no. The fleet processors told me to request age consideration in accordance with the program authorization. I put a sentence in one of the open spaces on the application. I don't remember which page I could look if you need me to.
Can you DM me your verbage if possible. My package is routing to my CO right now and maybe I should do the same. I would appreciate that.

Tacticalhusky

I’m waiting to hear back about my first choice but I’ve already heard about swo (my second choice) so maybe it just depends on the person and OR.

Stephem

Can you DM me your verbage if possible. My package is routing to my CO right now and maybe I should do the same. I would appreciate that.
The most current PA for SWO does not ask for age waiver if your prior active duty and under 35. You just need to have a competitive eval and must be commissioned before your 35th birthday. I am 34 y/o, submitted my application without an age waiver or any verbage in my package asking for one and I didn't seem to have an issue with it.
I'd recommend to call the fleet processor to make sure though.

exNavyOffRec

Good to know. My first choice meets this month. I’ll just have to be patient.

are you active duty? you talked about having an OR which indicates you are a civilian, if that is the case you would be told the results right after the board meets, they don't hold results for civilians, often they input the people pro-Y first, then start inputting the ones pro-N

Wcooper95

If you applied for more than one designator, NRC will not notify your command until they get the result for the other board.
I applied for more than one command. Maybe thats why? The board for my other designators does not meet until May ? Thing is I need to know ASAP. I have until March 27th to get out of DEP.

Stephem

I applied for more than one command. Maybe thats why? The board for my other designators does not meet until May ? Thing is I need to know ASAP. I have until March 27th to get out of DEP.
I was referring to enlisted applicants. That's what I was told by NRC.
I dont know how it works for the civilian side.

digitydave

The fleet processor told me to include the program authorization for SWO which includes specifics for prior service members. If you include it as an enclosure you will not need an age waiver.