• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Revocation of JOPA membership?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
That's funny...he's married to me so he knows what I look like. He pinned me so he knows my rank and certainly enjoys my pay. Must be one of those Marines=slow on the uptake. But then it could just be Stinky.
Or maybe it's just too weird saluting someone that blows you. :icon_smil

(Sorry if I went to far, but it had to be said....and I'm sure others thought it too)

MasterBates

It's looking like JO for life here Kbay.. My XO had "the talk" with me before he left for the CAOC for what I "need" to do if I get passed over..

Personally, I'll make them kick me out, and pay me the severance pakage..

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Congrats, Phrog! Now more money to pour into your beer making venture.

And maybe another celebratory watch purchase.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, and so are Crowbar and E5B. But their days will come.

At least Crysmc will never go to the Dark Side.

I see how it is.

If I'm on this next board, there's a solid chance I'll be a 1P. I'm only halfway done with EWS and if they don't stop deploying me, it's not very likely that I'll ever finish it. Of course, if they don't stop deploying me, I will care less and less.

You'd think they'd look at your OMPF and see that if you keep deploying, have hit all the combat wickets, and have no dwell then they'd put two and two together. Alas, no. It's just PME complete or not.

KBayDog

You'd think they'd look at your OMPF and see that if you keep deploying, have hit all the combat wickets, and have no dwell then they'd put two and two together. Alas, no. It's just PME complete or not.

The funny thing is that "they" make PME more and more difficult to complete. I saw the writing on the wall and completed EWS Non-res via correspondence before my first Phrog deployment, and I'm glad I did. My peers are struggling to get it done, but cannot get it taken care of due to seminar scheduling and boat internet (or lack thereof). But, in the end, does it make a difference? Nope. Whether or not you're PME complete, you're still always a candidate for resident EWS, no matter how much you don't want to go.

Do you think you'll be on this next board already?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The funny thing is that "they" make PME more and more difficult to complete. I saw the writing on the wall and completed EWS Non-res via correspondence before my first Phrog deployment, and I'm glad I did. My peers are struggling to get it done, but cannot get it taken care of due to seminar scheduling and boat internet (or lack thereof). But, in the end, does it make a difference? Nope. Whether or not you're PME complete, you're still always a candidate for resident EWS, no matter how much you don't want to go.

Do you think you'll be on this next board already?

I'm guessing there's about a 60/40 chance I'm on this board. I applied for resident school last year, but didn't get picked, and if I applied again, that would put me a long time out of the cockpit. I'd do it on deployment, but you don't have the connectivity in Afghanistan, and they refuse to send any paper tests out anymore. With my dwell situation (after this upcoming one, I'll be 1.1:1), I'll be damned if I come home from work and do PME. I just find it motivating how all those in charge who keep making it harder and harder to get done are the same ones who had the paper test rubber stamp experience. A heartfelt "GFY" to them all.

I think I'll just start job hunting and planning how to spend the golden parachute instead. Take it and go fly Hercs in the reserves or something.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is not nit-nat Nittany NOT (is that a 'double'??) a MOD-Squad member ... ??? Is he not a sub-O4 ???

BTW (I love these internet abbreviations), WTF ever happened to FlyNavy ??? Did he get 'religion' ... ??? Is that why he 'bailed' ???

And one of these days I'll actually find a fleet squadron, too. I hear they're around here somewhere if I look hard enough.

KBayDog

Depending on who in ops (aka the "Ops-holes") I talk to I'm either a good candidate for a FAC tour or a good candidate for an IA. I love it when everybody can agree on something.

Welcome to my world. Hence the push for me to go to the HTs. F'ing Oops...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Ugh. EWS. I don't want to learn anything, I just want it done.

I threw my name in for a FAC tour for next year but nobody's sure yet what they want to do with me. Depending on who in ops (aka the "Ops-holes") I talk to I'm either a good candidate for a FAC tour or a good candidate for WTI. I love it when everybody can agree on something.

Whose superfrappamochachino did you take a dump in?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In any event, we'll discuss how we're going to overthrow the rest of the Mods in Yuma this fall. Sound like a plan?

Just got invited to Yuma next week to hang with Air Force and other cats and dogs out at YPG. Haven't been there since 1988 and I was guest of then COL McCorkle when he had MAWTS-1 so he was tour guide. So is there a decent bar near base or YPG or anywhere nearby?

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
At least Crysmc will never go to the Dark Side.

Late to the party but definitely not going to the dark side. Am a knife though... a dark side in it's own right. And HAL pilot... you have me clutching my pearls. However, I'm sure phrog has no qualms saluting PSW, at a minimum, not with his hand.

phrogpilot73

Two months as a student in Yuma or a year in 1/6? Probably equal amounts of pain either way. Right now, FAC is the more attractive option, even though WTI would guarantee me at least another year in the beauty that is MAG-14 before getting crapped out somewhere I don't want to be.
After being a WTI and a FAC, I can tell you that if I had to choose between the two? I'd go on a FAC tour. Best tour of my career, hands down.