• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Revocation of JOPA membership?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What is an admin?

Typically, the squadron officer's pool their money to buy a nice hotel room(s) in a foreign port where you can leave an overnight bag, change clothes, meet up, party, etc. Some people avoid sleeping in the admin...others love sleeping in closets. And being the Admin Queen isn't so bad.

-ea6bflyr ;)

phrogpilot73

You keep hatin' but you're going to be one sooner than later.
I'm an oddball in the Reserves. I'm THE ONLY Capt in my squadron. The other day I was busting the CO's chops about being a field grade. He pointed out I was the only Capt. My response was that I had to rise to the challenge and do the work of 10...

I'm not eligible until Jan '10, then figure I'll get promoted probably around Jul/Aug of '10...

KBayDog

I'm not eligible until Jan '10, then figure I'll get promoted probably around Jul/Aug of '10...

Does this mean that a year from now, Crowbar and I will be the only two Company Grade mods?

(Well, not counting MB - he's understood. Hell, he's pretty much guaranteed never to get a lobotomy. Right, Casey?)

phrogpilot73

Does this mean that a year from now, Crowbar and I will be the only two Company Grade mods?

(Well, not counting MB - he's understood. Hell, he's pretty much guaranteed never to get a lobotomy. Right, Casey?)
I would have thought you two would be in zone come the November board... Hell, I was originally going to be in zone 3 years ago... Then I got out which fucked everything up. There's guys on last years board that were one year junior to me...

Casey will never get a lobotomy, even if he does pin on O-4...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lots of enlisted time.

You retiring before O-4? Does that make sense for retirement pay? Maybe things work differently on the green side, but the only thing my 8+ years of enlisted time counts towards is retirement, I.E. my statutory HYT clock was reset upon commissioning. Is that different for you? Maybe if you were more outgoing socially in your squadron, your chances would be a little less bleak (word gets around, bro). ;)

Anyhow, as for Casey, I think he got a lobotomy at birth and has since developed an acute, irreversible personality disorder - grounds for involuntary separation, but that's just my opinion. :D

Brett

Crowbar

None
Maybe if you were more outgoing socially in your squadron, your chances would be a little less bleak (word gets around, bro). ;)

RUDY CAN SUCK IT! Also, he didn't tell you about the trip home. That was completely different from the trip over.

Anyhow, if I find myself eligible for promotion between now and retirement, I'll stick it out. Chances of that are pretty slim. If the trend continues, I'll come in zone about the time I hit 20. I don't like to get my hopes up thinking I'll be in the top 80% of captains that get selected.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RUDY CAN SUCK IT! Also, he didn't tell you about the trip home. That was completely different from the trip over.

Anyhow, if I find myself eligible for promotion between now and retirement, I'll stick it out. Chances of that are pretty slim. If the trend continues, I'll come in zone about the time I hit 20. I don't like to get my hopes up thinking I'll be in the top 80% of captains that get selected.

Seriously, dude. You're not THAT bad. I mean, I've seen you at work a couple times, and you weren't completely incompetent. I think you've gotta give yourself more credit than that, no? :D I mean, I'm no Marine (thanks be to your Christian God), but if you give me two weeks, I'll transform you into an invincible über-ECMO the likes of which no promotion board has ever fathomed. :D Oh yeah, we can work on your carousing skills as well.

Brett

MasterBates

Uber ECMO?

ultranerd-8.jpg