• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Revocation of JOPA membership?

Crowbar

None
Seriously, dude. You're not THAT bad.

I assume your basis of comparison is Trainwreck? He set the bar HIGH.

On a serious note from me, like I said, if I get the chance to get promoted I'll stick around for a few extra years, but honestly, all the moving and stuff has gotten old. The novelty of living in a new place every few years wore off a while back so I'm not looking to do 30.

Brett327 said:
Oh yeah, we can work on your carousing skills as well.

Sold! I'll try to weasel my way into the FSR conference to get started.

KBayDog

On a serious note from me, like I said, if I get the chance to get promoted I'll stick around for a few extra years, but honestly, all the moving and stuff has gotten old. The novelty of living in a new place every few years wore off a while back so I'm not looking to do 30.

If you desire to remain terminal, you're in a unique position to be able to stay in the cockpit and not move around at all.

In any event, we'll discuss how we're going to overthrow the rest of the Mods in Yuma this fall. Sound like a plan?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Resurrecting this old thread...

Seriously, are all the mods now Hinge and above? Do we have ANY JOPA representation? :)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
JOPA Represent!

As much as I want to be a Captain for life, the inevitable is rapidly approaching :(

Either this coming board or the next for certain will have my number on it. My friends are already falling victim left and right. I even tried to strike a deal with the Marine Corps. Just pay me as a Major, give me the jobs of one, but don't actually promote me. Failing that, start a program like the Brits have/had where you can just stay and fly - you'll never get promoted, but you'll be a pilot for life.

Pros: More money, and the biggest 'pro' - one more group of people I can tell to go fuck themselves
Cons: soul, life, friends, credibility... gone

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... start a program .... where you can just stay and fly - you'll never get promoted, but you'll be a pilot for life.

Pros: More money, and the biggest 'pro' - one more group of people I can tell to go fuck themselves
Cons: soul, life, friends, credibility... gone
Same thing 'we' used to have ... it was prevalent in so-called 2nd tier communities @ 30 years + ago (Whale, SPAD, etc) ... but it worked.

The 'heavies' who bought into the 'well-rounded, career Officer' mantra didn't like it ... so it died.

MasterBates

Still a LT.. Treated like a hinge by JOPA, and treated like an ENS by all but 1 hinge.

On the board again this year. I'm in zone again (YG shifting shenanigans).

Already been told "Don't even think about DH.. You're not going to make it".