• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Revocation of JOPA membership?

MasterBates

The Laws of JOPA Thermodynamics

Since the laws/rules of JOPA Thermodynamics have been coming up a lot lately, I have decided to try to codify them. Add them below, and I will assign it a number and add it if deemed worthy.

Zeroth Law of JOPA Thermodynamics:
When two JOs are in opposition with a dirty hinge, even on differing projects they are in league with each other.

1st of JOPA Thermodynamics

When the heat is on someone else, it's not on you

2nd Law of JOPA Thermodynamics:

Any confusion created between the hinges on details of knowledges, reduces appearance of lack of knowledges on your part.
Corollary: Any work done to remove confusion in one area, increases confusion to a greater extent overall.

3rd Law of JOPA Thermodynamics

As paygrade approaches CAPT the intelligence of an officer approaches a constant minimum.
Corrolary: The most severe drop is noted about 8 seconds after putting on oak leaves.

4th Law of JOPA Thermodynamics

Any decrease in entropy (confrustration) in the cockpit, bridge or platform, is accompanied by an increased amount of confrustration in the other locations.

5th Law of JOPA Thermodynamics
All systems move toward equilibrium. So should bar/food tabs. Take bill. Add tip. Divide by those present. That's what you owe.

8th Law of JOPA Thermodynamics

Heat input is directly proportional to the square of the sum of the paygrades of those doing the yelling. Much more effective to unleash 2 senior hinges than go it alone as a JG.

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
JOPA, hmmmm can't seem to remember. Seems to me that was an illegal organization developed by some miscreants.... but what do I know I was water boarded (really), had the spine removal and lobotomy. :D

Seriously, the most important JOPA rules of Thermodynamics are:

- Value your CPO's. For the most part they've BTDT and they will keep the heat off of you.

- Take care of your troops because they deserve it and if you do they will keep the heat off of you. (see below if you have any questions how)

- Emulate the "hinge" (or above) who remembers where they came from...

- Appreciate the "hinge" (or above) that "values" the mission objective over their own promotion. They'll bring your ass back in one piece!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Stalk....spoken like a true CO......can't let the JOs play without commenting.....even I as a lowly O-4 know when it comes to JOPA, hinges and above are to be seen and not heard.....the whole reason there is a JOPA....

Words of wisdom though.....

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
MB when are you up to join the filthy ranks of hingedom? We'll hold a lobotomy for you...

Spekkio: Hinge: n. An 0-3, once selected for promotion to the ranks of LCDR, undergoes a full lobotomy. His brain is held in escrow until he selects for command (sometimes it is misplaced and the gentleman still assumes command, i've been told) or its replaced on his retirement from the service. The easiest way to replace the skull after the promotion/lobotomy is through the installation of a hinge in the back of said officers head.

H60Gunner

Contributor
JOPA, hmmmm can't seem to remember. Seems to me that was an illegal organization developed by some miscreants.... but what do I know I was water boarded (really), had the spine removal and lobotomy. :D

Seriously, the most important JOPA rules of Thermodynamics are:

- Value your CPO's. For the most part they've BTDT and they will keep the heat off of you.

- Take care of your troops because they deserve it and if you do they will keep the heat off of you. (see below if you have any questions how)

- Emulate the "hinge" (or above) who remembers where they came from...

- Appreciate the "hinge" (or above) that "values" the mission objective over their own promotion. They'll bring your ass back in one piece!

All I have to say is- That is some awesome, no shit advice right there!

Well said sir!

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
The Laws of JOPA Thermodynamics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the laws/rules of JOPA Thermodynamics have been coming up a lot lately, I have decided to try to codify them. Add them below, and I will assign it a number and add it if deemed worthy.

When two JOs are in opposition with a dirty hinge, even on differing projects they are in league with each other.

Any confusion created between the hinges on details of knowledges, reduces appearance of lack of knowledges on your part.

Corollary: Any work done to remove confusion in one area, increases confusion to a greater extent overall.

As paygrade approaches CAPT the intelligence of an officer approaches a constant minimum.

Corrolary: The most severe drop is noted about 8 seconds after putting on oak leaves.

Any decrease in entropy (confrustration) in the cockpit, bridge or platform, is accompanied by an increased amount of confrustration in the other locations.

Heat input is directly proportional to the square of the sum of the paygrades of those doing the yelling. Much more effective to unleash 2 senior hinges than go it alone as a JG.

With that grammar, I'd say someone's lobotomy is well underway. We're waiting for you on the other side MB...and each day is a day closer.;)

MasterBates

What's grammar?

In all honesty, I'm enjoying most of the fruits of being a DH.. (See avatar) with none of the "downsides" like incontinence and lack of spine.

Being a CAT-1 student at the RAG while being on the bonus is allowing me to enjoy myself way more than a guy who lives in a trailer next to a swamp should.

Shpion1

Contributor
JOPA Laws

MB, I'd add

A) Take the tab, add 20 or 30%, split evenly. No questions.

b) If "credit card roulette" is called, fork it over!

c) no cameras in admins

for some reason, there's always some cheap bastards who are single, JOs, and drive a POS, drink half the beer, eat half the freaking appetizers yet insist on only paying for their "salad" since that is what they ordered.

consequence of not obeying A or B, eat and drink alone...

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
MB, I'd add

A) Take the tab, add 20 or 30%, split evenly. No questions.

b) If "credit card roulette" is called, fork it over!

c) no cameras in admins

for some reason, there's always some cheap bastards who are single, JOs, and drive a POS, drink half the beer, eat half the freaking appetizers yet insist on only paying for their "salad" since that is what they ordered.

consequence of not obeying A or B, eat and drink alone...

Sorry man, A is the way it should go, but with B I've seen guys get stuck with checks in the upper hundreds. I think B is just fucked up.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you

5th Law of JOPA Thermodynamics
All systems move toward equilibrium. So should bar/food tabs. Take bill. Add tip. Divide by those present. That's what you owe.

I know I could really use JOPA where I am now. Anyone know where to get a JOPA Patch in ACU Green? We only have 5 Capts/LTs in the whole directorate is one is a dirty hinge. It sucks to be the guy working for the hinge especially trying to pull info out of his head.