• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

question about JETS and being navy officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_ttu

And for one great day you will have the priviledge of having the greatness of Texas Tech football played in the state of oklahoma.

*disclaimor* I have to talk all the junk I can because I have no idea what will happen with this game, but I think it will be a good one.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt....Didn't say it always works though"

grouch

ghost is the Texas Tech propaganda minister. He is almost as rabid as an Aggie. Right ghost? Do you get kickbacks from Tech when someone from AirWarriors signs up? Still no word? Must be punishment for all the shameless Tech plugs. You don't see me doing that! Wait, I can't. I don't think my school even has a football team!!!!

ghost_ttu

You are correct about Baylor not having a team, heck they don't even have a coach!

Where have you been??? I got my reject this past Monday. It looks like good ol Angelo State for me to do 2 years of AFROTC (this is provided that Angelo State will accept me) So we will see what happens, but it looks as of right now that I'm heading toward that blue line....

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt....Didn't say it always works though"

grouch

Sorry to hear that ghost. Good luck with the ROTC thing. Two years? Did you check into the star program? It is only one year. Baylor had it and I was going to do it but my schedule was already full. Once you go AirForce you will become an anal rule chaser you know? Qouting flight manuals like scripture (cringe). Later buddy,

Jarrett

ghost_ttu

Well I did look into the 1 year deal, unfortunately you can't do that program if you are wanting a rated position (ie pilot). I MIGHT get a waiver for 18 months which would keep me to 3 semesters. So we'll see what happens. If all that happens I'm gonna bribe John to put some silver wings in this joint [:D]

ghost_ttu

ALMOST, that would involve being in the corps and I would kill an 19 yr. old kid on a power trip and that would be the end of that.

grouch

Yea that would be tough. I would be ten years superior to said power trip punk. I would be kicking him in the head while asking "what the hell is whoop anyway?" Are you going to apply to Baylor?

pstavrides

"I just have one question". Why is everyone even answering this kid. Rainman is right, he is an IP or a pist off Helo guy. Either way he is playing us because noone could be as stupid as him. Lets dump this guy like we do with Marines on the beach.
Next subject please.

Rainman

pilot
I guess we thought our last round of suggestions would help him realize his goals.[}:)]

Hard not to take your 'Marines' comment in a derogatory manner. Where were you going with that?

ghost_ttu

Grouch: I thought seriously about applying to Baylor or UMHB and doing ROTC at Baylor. I even met with some of the Cadre and cadets with the det. It would just cost so much more that I really can't justify that cost. I might still consider it if the Angelo falls through somehow. But I've really got in good with some of the cadre at Angelo, and some of the cadets and I think that I would feel welcome there and have a better shot at my pilot slot.

tali264

Originally posted by Rainman

Hard not to take your 'Marines' comment in a derogatory manner. Where were you going with that?

uh oh

rule 1: Never get a marine mad at you
rule 2: Follow rule #1
rule 3: Aren't you listening, there's only 1..............

Kraftwerk

Ho-ley BALLS!

This is friggin' hilarious! Bummer I got in on this one way late, I bet there's some kneeslappin' going on in instructor ready rooms across the nation!
K

GO UGLY EARLY!

collegeguy

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYBODY FOR THE NICE ADVICE. I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE RECRUITER TO CALL ME BACK BUT I AM VERY EXCITED TO BECOME A JET PILOT IN THE NAVY. WHEN THE RECRUITER CALLS ME I THINK I WILL ASK HIM ABOUT BEING IN THE MARINES TOO. RAINMAN AND OTHERS i THINK I CAN SENSE SOME SARCASM COMING FROM YOU! BUT I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS FUNNY. MARCURB, THOUGH, I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY YOU ARE SO AGGRESSIVE TO ME. I JUST WANT TO SERVE MY COUNTRY AS AN OFFICER SO WHY ARE YOU GETTING ON MY CASE? I JUST WANT TO SERVE MY COUNTRY AND IT WILL BE AS A JET PILOT IN THE NAVY.

I ONLY HAVE ONE QUESTION. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU HAVE TO RUN A LOT IN OCS? THE REASON THAT I ASK IS BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE TO RUN A LOT. I CAN DO A LOT OF JUMPING JACKS BUT I WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE TO RUN THAT MUCH. CAN YOU GET A DOCTOR'S NOT TO SAY THAT YOU SHOULD NOT RUN? I HAVE ONE OTHER QUESTION: DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOUHAVE TO RUN VERY MUCH IN MARINES OCS? WHICH RUNS MORE, MARINES CORP OCS OR THE NAVY OCS? I THINK I WILL CHOOSE THE ONE THAT RUNS LESS. DO YOU THINK THE RECRUITER WILL TELL ME WHICH RUNS LESS?

THANKS AGAIN TO GHOST TUT, J-MAN, AND THE OTHERS THAN HELPED ME, AND i AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT JET FLIGHT SCHOOL!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.