• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

question about JETS and being navy officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainman

pilot
That's NOT what you said! You said your men follow orders or people die.

Hmmmmm. ..I've been wrong before (97X BAM) .. but . ."Yes Daddy" much different than "dad"!

tali264

so Santiago shouldn't have been in any danger then should he Colonel. You snotty little bastard.....

yes, i thought the difference between dad and yes daddy was quite clear [:p]

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Originally posted by tali264yes, i thought the difference between dad and yes daddy was quite clear [:p]
Maybe, but there's just no mistaking this one...

<<tali264 says i love the dolphins>>

collegeguy

THANKS GHOST TUT AND JAY C AND ALL OTHERS WHO GAVE ME GOOD ADVICE. i HAVE BEEN DOING MUCH RESEARCH ABOUT BEING A NAVY JET PILOT OVER THE PAST WEEK LIKE YOU RECOMMENDED. THE ONLY ONE OF YOU WHO WAS NOT HELPFUL IS MARCURB - SO NO THANKS TO YOU MARCURB! i DON'T KNOW WHY YOU HAD TO BE SO RUDE TO ME WHEN ALL I WANT TO DO IS SERVE MY COUNTRY AS A NAVY OFFICER. ALSO, YOU SAID THE NAVY DOESN'T HAVE C-130'S BUT CHECK IT OUT: http://www.vr55.navy.mil SO MARCURB, I KNOW THAT YOU DON'T KNOW MUCH OF ANYTHING SO I WILL IGNORE YOUR FLAME!!

TALI246, YOU SAID THAT HELICOPTERS ARE INCLUDED IN SNA?? ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME THAT EVEN THOUGH I'M QUALIFIED TO BE A PILOT THE NAVY MIGHT STILL LATER MAKE ME GO TO HELICOPTERS INSTEAD?? I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO STUDY HARD IN FLIHGT SCHOOL THEN! TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, I HAVE A 3.20 IN PSYCHOLOGY SO I THINK I HAVE A PRETTY GOOD CHANCE!! NOT TOO WORRIED ABOUT THAT...

JAY C, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU WERE RIGHT - I ASKED MY ADVISOR AND AS IT TURNS OUT YOU HAVE GO TO SCHOOL LONGER TO BE A PSYCHIATRIST. SO BEING A NAVY JET PILOT IS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER!!

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE WHO ACTUALLY WANTED TO HELP ME!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!

LadyJayUSN

Man, is this guy quick or what.....
You're the same guy who did the tatoo thing right?

Yeah, well, it sounds to me that if you really are who you say you are, I don't recommend that you venture into any career that requires you to operate aircraft, heavy machinery, syringes, computers, calculators, pen, or paper.
Nothing personal, I just think it's safer, for us and everyone else on the planet that is....

If this is an IP with time to kill, get out of the Navy and spare the rest of us.

ChipK96

Just to let you know, a 3.2 GPA isn't a guarantee. I have a 3.2 in Sociology and I'm sweating worrying about getting in at the moment. There's a whole lot more to your application than that. Like everyone else has told you, do some research, maybe call a recruiter, and get your facts together

I know it's been mentioned repeatedly to you but as my recruiter more or less told me the first time I met with him, you're an officer first and then a pilot and if you don't like that go do something else.

BTW -- I'll cut you some slack since you're in Alabama but who the hell gets wings tattooed on them the same week they up and decide they're gonna be a jet pilot?

thartley

Hey man, helo's are not the bottom of thae barrel. If you put a jet and helo pilot next to each other you can't tell the difference. Do you know why? THEY GET THE SAME WINGS JACKASS!! I hope you nevr enter the military let alone my beloved Corps.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Ya'll are wasting your time. He is either pulling everyone's chain, or is totally out of his tree.

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

LadyJayUSN

I thought helo pilots always leaned a little to the left, cause they are used to counter-balancing the torque?

hehe....just kiddin....

collegeguy

HELLO CHIPK96, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS. I JUST HAVE ONE QUESTION. YOU SAID THAT YOUR RECRUITER TOLD YOU THAT YOU'RE AN OFFICER BEFORE YOU BECOME A PILOT? BEING A JET PILOT IS REALLY WHAT I WANT TO DO INSTEAD OF BEING AN OFFICER. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU CAN GET TO BE A JET PILOT IN THE NAVY WITHOUT BEING AN OFFICER FIRST? I THINK i WOULD PREFER TO GO TO NAVY FLIGHT SCHOOL RIGHT AWAY INSTEAD OF GOING TO OCS. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU CAN SKIP OCS IF YOU ARE IN THE BCDP PROGRAM? WILL THEY STILL PAY FOR YOUR SCHOOL?

I VISITED MY RECRUITER THIS MORNING AND TOLD HIM I WAS READY TO BE IN THE BDCP SO THAT I CAN BECOME A NAVY JET PILOT. HE TOLD ME HE WAS GLAD I CAME IN AND THAT HE WOULD CALL ME WHEN HE WAS READY FOR ME TO APPLY! I'M GETTING PRETTY ANXIOUS TO HEAR BACK FROM HIM!! DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR THE RECRUITER TO CALL YOU BACK?

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!

collegeguy

AND THARTLEY, I CAN SEE THAT YOU LIKE THE HELICOPTERS AND YOU THINK THAT i SHOULD BE ONE TOO, BUT I'M SURE THAT YOU JUST HAVEN'T LOOKED AT MY POINT OF VIEW ON THIS. WHAT I MEAN IS THAT I WOULD PREFER TO BE A JET PILOT, PREFERRABLY F-18'S. I'M SURE THAT IF YOU CONSIDERED THAT YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY I WANT TO BE IN JETS INSTEAD OF HELICOPTERS.

ONE MORE QUESTION FOR YOU THARTLET. aRE YOU IN THE MARINES? DO YOU KNOW IF IT'S EASIER TO GET JETS IN THE MARINES CORP THAN IT IS IN THE NAVY? WHAT ABOUT THE COAST GUARD?

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!

marcurb

i cant believe this thread. collegeguy, you kill me, you really are a numbnut bastard. anyway, i really hope the navy calls you today and says hey come on in. and i guess you showed me with the whole c-130 bit didnt you, man you are awesome, i wish i was like you. hell i want to go to flight school with you and fly hornets too, screw ocs and all that yelling, what the hell is it all for anyway, i mean really. i just want to fly jets too, who else wants to skip being an officer and go right into flying jet, huh? let me hear ya out there? can i see a raise of hands?

"Be careful out there..." "If I was careful I would have joined the Coast Guard."

Rainman

pilot
collegeguy:

Thank you for your questions. Keeping this thread alive is good for all of society. Hopefully I can clear up some of your concerns:

1) Navy recruiters normally call back on the third day after they say "I'll call you back". So if it's the third day, go to his office; probaby before he gets there in the morning--they like that. If you can find a costume shop, you should rent a navy officer uniform; that will show extra motivation. If you can't find a costume shop just watch JAG and try to look like Harm.

2) You can write your congressman (or better yet, go to Washington and see him personally) to try to get out of OCS altogether. They have a special program called Prop Wash that allows you be guaranteed jets and do a 4 day OCS program; instead of 12 weeks. I think you just take a test--I'm not sure. Your congressman will be sure to help you.

3) Yes, it is super easy to get jets in the Marine Corps if you're prior enlisted. So just go to your nearest Marine Corps recruiter and let him know you want to enlist. After boot camp, they'll probably send you right to flight school (The trick is to fall asleep whenever you have watch--the always send THOSE guys to flight school out of boot camp), so you won't have to worry about being an officer so much. Just ask for the 0311 program.

Well, that should just about cover it. Let us know when you get to Washington and/or boot camp and let me know if you have any further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.