• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

question about JETS and being navy officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tali264

Originally posted by Rainman
a special program called Prop Wash that allows you be guaranteed jets and do a 4 day OCS program

ummmmm....do you have a number for that?

Oh yeah.......#300

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
They are all lying to you collegeboy! It is SUPER difficult to get jets in the Marine Corps, I promise. Probably the worst route to go of the 5 services. The only hope I have left (I'm a Marine) is that there is a helo slot available when I finish primary. Now, the Navy and the Coast Guard both have LOTS of jets and very, very few helo's. You'd really have to be an idiot to get helos and not jets, I can tell by your previous posts that you are of ABOVE average intelligence and getting jets wouldn't be a problem for you. I would also be careful about going to your Congressman. That is only for the brave at heart. You better really believe in yourself and your aspirations to go that route. They don't just accept ANYBODY. Good luck!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! When you go to see your Congressman (if you're dedicated enough to attempt that route) be sure to use some of that Reverse-Psychology on him/her. You know what I'm talking about! Politicians are suckers for that stuff!

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Originally posted by tali264Oh yeah.......#300
Pad those numbers![8D]

110002_18_Newspaper%20clip_prv.jpg

<<tali264 says i love the dolphins>>

Jim

collegeguy,

with your credentials, i think you could skip OCS altogether. in fact, you might be able to go in as an admiral. you might also have a shot at becoming chief of naval operations before getting out of flight school if you try hard enough. also, you might also want to consider applying to NASA for a shuttle pilot position. i hear they actually prefer psychology majors. why would you want to fly the
f/a-18 when you can have a shot at the space program? hope this helps.

-jim

LadyJayUSN

Shoot! Why the hell am I messing around with this NROTC bullS**t!

Collegeguy, its a good thing you've got all this support. At least now you won't become a 'Naval aviator' the hard way.
Oh, and here's another last piece of advice...invite your recruiter out for a quick game of volleyball. Wear only jeans, aviator sunglasses, and get yourself a pair of dog-tags. He'll not only be impressed with your initiative to save the Navy $ by having your dogtags already, he may just be able to waive API altogether after witnessing your physical prowress on the volleyball court.

Oh and by the way...your football team is always welcome back to Norman, OK anytime. Our redshirts enjoy the practice.

Boomer.....Sooners.

ghost_ttu

Not even the Air Force deserves that quite yet Pat. I might be headed that way, let's not muddy my waters more than they already are.

Originally posted by Patmack18
If you're soley hell bent on jets and being a jet pilot is more of a title to you, than being an "Aviator" then go join the Air Force. Sorry to be an ass, but reading through these posts I don't think you quite get it. I especially like the first post...

"How hard is it to be a jet pilot" and then later "I just need to be a jet pilot because I know I'm good enough."

Ok there Maverick... you ever been behind the wheel of ANYTHING with wings? And Micrsoft flight sim DON'T count!

Hey from class 10-03 to the rest of you!
Pat

"Do you like Gladiator movies Timmy?"

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

marcurb

I think ghost has some deep repressed issues with TTU football...

"Gentlemen: All the Branches of the Service are 'Honorable and Noble.' Each one of you has served your country well. Be proud of that."

(signed) GOD, USN (Ret)

ghost_ttu

UInavy: It could be worse, I could be a Gator backer and how horrible would that be? Atleast you get to watch me carry on about a great team. [:D]

henneke: there is so much truth to that statement.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Eaaaassssyyyy! I didn't say anything about standings now, did I? Besides there is a glimmer of hope that we could come of this season with the SEC W championship! It's all about character -<a highly exaggerated rolling of eyes>-. I was just clarifying that in NO WAY am I a Sooners fan. Having lived in Fayetteville for several years, I never found ONE thing about OK that I liked. But I could fill up the hard drive on my computer with nasty things to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.