• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

question about JETS and being navy officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimphil

Originally posted by Jaxs170
Wow, this is a thread that Jerry Springer, Chris Matthews, Donahue, et al would be proud of! Keeping with the tradition, anyone else here think kimphil is collegeguy's mom or sister?

I assure you that I am in no way related to College Guy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mongol General: ... Conan, what is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Mongol General: That is good.

Schwabenprinz

Kimphil, any advice is useless when you tell it to someone who has a head as hard as a rock.

-------------------
This space for rent

LadyJayUSN

Hey, for all those out there using movies as reference for Naval aviation, Top Gun is a good place to start. (Lots'o good gouge there). Umm...for all you SEAL wannabe's, GI Jane is up your alley. And, gosh, we can't leave out those good ole' submariners, ya'll should check out Down Parascope(sp?) if subs are your thing.

(insert wink and smile here)

<I SWIM 'CAUSE I'M TOO DAMNED SEXY FOR SPORTS THAT REQUIRE CLOTHING>

kimphil

Originally posted by Schwabenprinz
Kimphil, any advice is useless when you tell it to someone who has a head as hard as a rock.

-------------------
This space for rent

Schwabenprinz, please save your insults unless they are actually witty or original. If "head as hard as a rock" is the best you can do, take some advice from me. Go to college, an expensive one, with a good English program. Maybe they can teach you how to properly insult someone instead of using cliches. If you are too poor for a good school, try a thesaurus. It has words in it with more than one syllable.

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

kimphil

Originally posted by LadyJayUSN
Hey, for all those out there using movies as reference for Naval aviation, Top Gun is a good place to start. (Lots'o good gouge there). Umm...for all you SEAL wannabe's, GI Jane is up your alley. And, gosh, we can't leave out those good ole' submariners, ya'll should check out Down Parascope(sp?) if subs are your thing.

Hey, I've got a movie. "Blackhawk Down." It's a fictional account so there can't be any redeeming value to that film. Let's dismiss it too.

On a related topic, whenever I go to my recruiting office to take a PFT, the recruiters are always playing "Full Metal Jacket." I don't know if its to lighten the mood, introduce us to USMC culture or give a hint of what's waiting for us at OCS, but the first time they did this it was definitely unexpected.

P.S.

How could you forget a "A Few Good Men." Necessary for any game of "Six degrees of Kevin Bacon."

Aimee

I personally rely on Charlie Sheen flix for all my Navy gouge... 'Hot Shots,' 'Navy Seals,' ...

kimphil

Originally posted by Aimee
I personally rely on Charlie Sheen flix for all my Navy gouge... 'Hot Shots,' 'Navy Seals,' ...

Please, John Wayne is a much better source.

Schwabenprinz

Kimphil, I did as you said and went to the thesaurus. To my consternation, when I looked up the word kimphil, the synonym was idiot. Watch out here comes another one of your cliches... you learn something new everyday!! Keep watching those movies.

-------------------
This space for rent

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Easy guys and gals,

She made a mistake and has said so. I am sure nobody else here has made a comment they wish they would not have. Relax and be a little nicer to our new members. Hey we were all new here once.

Dave

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
LISTEN UP!Ditto to what EODDave said... we are getting in a lot of newer members that are trying to contribute to the forums, we all have some useful (and maybe in my case, not so useful!
icon_smile.gif
) information. In many cases these forums can be one of the worst means of communication, since your facial expressions, sarcastic attitudes, and sometimes humor aren't there to get the point across.

Scwabenprinz, come on, people didn't even slam collegeguy that bad, and he was intentionally provoking.

Kimphil, you have run into a group of people that have ardently studied and researched the topic at hand, and many of whom responded to your post just went through OCS and are basically subject matter experts on what goes on there, and are here passing on their knowledge and experiences to benefit the next person going to OCS. I personally can't speak from experience about OCS since I did not go through it, though I have not seen or heard them putting out bad information. Just be careful when speaking about absolutes, since the individual responding more than likely has first hand information that is up to date and current.

I personally don't like editing posts, or locking/deleting topics, don't make me start doing it with people starting to get into flaming contests via the forum. That will just make it conterproductive for the people coming here to find or help disemminate information.

Status
Not open for further replies.