• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pontiac GTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Mefesto said:
So bunk tell the truth... ever had a car you owned in the back of a C-2?

I've carried many things but one of my cars hasn't been one of them :)

Cyclic

Behold the Big Iron
squeeze said:
the 3000GT/Stealth TT's (as well as the 300ZX TT) achilles heal was it's weight.... sure it was a good idea... twin turbo awd, but when the damn thing weighs nearly 4000 lbs, it somewhat negates any power they could muster.

Supra's in a whole 'nother league than those cars

Oh really??? '93 300ZX TT 13.8...,'97 VR-4 13.6...,'02 M3...13.3, '05 GT...13.5
Things that make you go hmmm....all af them between 300-333 HP, very close #s, I guess there's a lot of Achilles heels and a lot of power negating out there huh...only that the Japs got there more than a decade ago.

Oh! and '93 Supra TT....13.4, superior..yes but, how exactly is this not on the same league?

VAmookie

well whoever brought up the rx-7 obviously doesnt know what im talking about. talk about a worthless car (stock) and the rx-8 is equally worthless, anyone driven it? worthless

Cyclic

Behold the Big Iron
CORPSviation said:
well whoever brought up the rx-7 obviously doesnt know what im talking about. talk about a worthless car (stock) and the rx-8 is equally worthless, anyone driven it? worthless

Well my friend, to fullfill your ignorance I've had 3 RX-7's two Turbo II and one Twin Turbo, back in '93 2,750lbs, 245hp, 13.6, close to 1g...better than most american sportscars in more than 10 years.
Right now one of my cars 1987 RX-7 Turbo II, it cost me 3k 10 years ago, spent about 4k in motor, just the cheapest sport springs and shocks and well...lets just say you need a Viper to catch me in a straight line or the track, Oh and the motor has about 60k since rebuilt.
Just in case you think I'm BSing ask Webmaster what color it is...

TT's problematic? Yes, 93's were...worhtless? not more than a '93 Mustang GT

Oh and by the way if you go to the track and want to beat an RX-8 better take a ZO-6, a C6 or a Saleen 'cause if not....no stock non Viper american hot roddin' machine will be able to keep up...sorry dude.

HOORAH

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
Thus far this has been interesting and funny to read. Guys arguing about cars, made me feel like I was back at my old place of employment, Bobby Rahal Motorcar Company. Supras were deffinatly mentioned a lot there in arguments of "the best car" but I heard no mention here of my newest purchase, Lotus Elise. It is an awesome car and it only cost $40,000. Not too bad for a top performance racing car. And forget about the in the 'straight' crap, I'll take you in a turn anyday. American cars have there place but notice that not too many people like racing them when it counts (and I don't mean NASCAR. The world is made of more than laft turns), they don't corner that well. He!! even my old boss's first car was a Toyota and he won't touch an American car dealership, not even Cadillac (he only sells Luxury cars, FYI). I'm not saying that Muscle cars don't have there place and you'll never find someone who is an enthusiast of both, correct me if I'm wrong, so there is always going to be an argument. But frankly you can't rate a car as top notch when all you can say is "in the straight I'll beat you everytime." Where I live you don't get too much 'straight' road so I guess you wouldn't get anywhere very fast if your car can't corner.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
HOORAH said:
And forget about the in the 'straight' crap, I'll take you in a turn anyday. But frankly you can't rate a car as top notch when all you can say is "in the straight I'll beat you everytime." Where I live you don't get too much 'straight' road so I guess you wouldn't get anywhere very fast if your car can't corner.

I could give you the same about "turns". So don't give me that crap about turns, my car will destroy yours in a straight line. Some folks don't like the turns, many are 1/4 mile fans. Unless you're on a small course, your car will have to play catch up after the straight-a-ways.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Mefesto said:
When's the last time your rolled up to a stop light, rolled down your window, and yelled "Yeah? Well I can kick your ass in a turn!." :icon_tong Gimmie a break.

:D That's funny.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Because I dont wanna pay that much for a new car. Plus I know firsthand about Mitsubishi quality. And Subies just arent my thing. For as little money as I have in my car to get the 600+HP I have at the crank now I wouldnt trade it for anything. I love this car and have ever since I saw the first one.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
A lot of it is tradition and style.

My Corvette is 30 years old and still gets stares and wows the crowd. Will a 1995 Mitsubishi be able to do that in 2025?

ncm_wallpaper-122-800.jpg

Or Mitsubishi's, or Mazda's, or Honda's.

HOORAH

lowflier03 said:
Lol, some of us kick ass in turns and straights. Thats the joy of AWD launches.

That was my point. My argument doesn't have to be I can beat you in the straight. It is I can beat you ANYWHERE. :icon_king

Since it seems you don't know, here are the specs for my car. a) Engine - Mid mounted, transverse, 1796cc, 2ZZ-GE engine, Metal Matrix Composite (MMC) & aluminium lightweight and compact construction, 4 cylinders in line, water cooled, naturally aspirated with double overhead camshafts exploiting a Variable Valve Timing & Lift with intelligence (VVTL-i) system, hydraulic tappets, 4 valves per cylinder, multi-point sequential fuel injection and electronic ignition. b) Max Power - 189 bhp @ 7800 rpm c) Max Torque - 181 Nm @ 6800 rpm d) Power to weight ratio - 220 bhp/ton e) 0-60 - 4.9 seconds

If you'd like to check out the specs for your precious 2005 Mustang GT
here ya go: http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/05fordmustang.html
But incase you don't feel like looking your 0-60 mph spec is 5.2 sec. That's right a V-8 in 5.2s while an in-line 4 cylinder still beats it at 4.9s! So if you'd like to talk about who's going to be "catching up in the straight" we can, just as soon as you make through that corner that's coming up :eek:

Oh and I don't have to pull up to someone and roll down my window to yell to the driver next to me, my car speaks for it's self. :hot_anima

HOORAH

SteveG75 said:
My Corvette is 30 years old and still gets stares and wows the crowd. Will a 1995 Mitsubishi be able to do that in 2025?

I don't know about 2025, seeing as I can't see into the future, but this guy seems to like my car :D

Of course he probably sees a Corvette everytime he turns his head. I know I do. Mine? Well do you know anyone else that owns one? I don't!

I find a rare, hard to get car much more head turning than some common Corvette anyday.

Attachments

• taking.jpg
    taking.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 49

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
HOORAH said:
SteveG75 said:
QUOTE]

I don't know about 2025, seeing as I can't see into the future, but this guy seems to like my car :D

Of course he probably sees a Corvette everytime he turns his head. I know I do. Mine? Well do you know anyone else that owns one? I don't!

I find a rare, hard to get car much more head turning than some common Corvette anyday.

Nice car. I think you have the Mustang on power to weight. On a dollar value, the Mustang may have the edge.

As for the 'Vettes, new ones are common. Scroll back throught the thread and check mine out. I would venture that it is not too common around your parts either.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
HOORAH said:
If you'd like to check out the specs for your precious 2005 Mustang GT
here ya go: http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/05fordmustang.html
But incase you don't feel like looking your 0-60 mph spec is 5.2 sec. That's right a V-8 in 5.2s while an in-line 4 cylinder still beats it at 4.9s! So if you'd like to talk about who's going to be "catching up in the straight" we can, just as soon as you make through that corner that's coming up :eek:

Just so you know, magazine racing is ghey :icon_mi_5 However, if you want to look at solid times, go to MM&FF. Who gives a **** what a car does 0-60, what does it do in the quarter (if of course we are talking straight line).

HOORAH said:
Oh and I don't have to pull up to someone and roll down my window to yell to the driver next to me, my car speaks for it's self. :hot_anima

I absolutely agree......if you like chick cars ;)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
SteveG75 said:
A lot of it is tradition and style.

ncm_wallpaper-122-800.jpg

Or Mitsubishi's, or Mazda's, or Honda's.

The Vette is an American icon. I have no doubt your car still awes the crowd. It's old fashion American muscle (or sports car if you will).

Status
Not open for further replies.