• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pontiac GTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAmookie

looking at buying a new car very soon, will be a GM. Im looking at a pontiac GTO and a Saab sport coupe. Anyone have/driven or know anything about the new GTO, how they like it and whatnot? thanks

NavyOCS

Instead of buying a new car get a cheap used one. Then put the money that would have gone to new car away and let it compound interest somewhere. Then when your 60 you can get a Ferrari. :icon_mi_1 :icon_smil

Those GTO's are pretty sweet but I think I like the 05 stangs.

Venom-0

Eagle Driver
Hate to say it but if you want quality cars, don't go with GM or Ford or most other domestic brands for that matter. Get a Japanese built....They are the best and long lasting ones out there requiring least maintainance.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Venom-0 said:
Hate to say it but if you want quality cars, don't go with GM or Ford or most other domestic brands for that matter. Get a Japanese built....They are the best and long lasting ones out there requiring least maintainance.

Foreign cars suck, nough said.

Okay maybe not enough said, but nothing like that good ole American iron, or nothing like cars that are assembled in every country but still have an American name.

B

Blutonski816

Mefesto said:
I just bought a GTO Tuesday... it's AWSOME. I LOOOOOOVE it :hot_anima I'm also listed as a GM supplier and can get you a GM supplier certificate for discount pricing. I can also try and get you a GMS employee pricing certificate... it's how I bought my Goat.

Dude, Don't call it a goat unles its the real thing
66_00127_1.jpg

The new one was actually based off an Aussie design... Not exactly the American Muscle Car that it's predecessor was...

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Second on the American cars....I'm a Ford man all the way. Its sad seeing those Asian cars disintigrate on contact.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gran turismo omologato

and please... don't refer to a new one as a goat... it's an insult to the namesake

/muscle car freak

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Without Googling .... now be honest, you're Officers and Gentlemen ..... I hope.

What does 442, as in Oldsmobile 4-4-2 mean ..... ???

oldsmobile-442-1969a.jpg

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
4spd, 4 barrel, dual exh.

...assuming you're talking about the original issue (ie. 1964)
for a 69 like is shown, it meant 400, 4spd, dual exh (or any model after '65 when the auto tranny was available).

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
squeeze said:
4spd, 4 barrel, dual exh.

...assuming you're talking about the original issue (ie. 1964)
for a 69 like is shown, it meant 400, 4spd, dual exh (or any model after '65 when the auto tranny was available).

EXCELLENT !!! You were born 30 years too late .....

arbor

I'm your huckleberry.
pilot
KizerSosay said:
Those GTO's are pretty sweet but I think I like the 05 stangs.

My 96 Explorer is finally s***ing the bed, think I'm going for an 05 stang convertible, gotta wait until I get down to FL (or at least away from the MA sales tax :icon_rage)

mattm1435

I picked up a 2004 GTO in December when they were basically giving them away, only $20,000 for a $33,000 sticker! It's an awesome car. Build quality is excellent, you'd never know you were in a Pontiac. And those seats...WOW. If you're into mods it's perfect too because the LS1 and LS2 have a huge aftermarket support from all of the other cars they've been in.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Mefesto said:
Squeeze I'm impressed, you beat me to the Cutlass question, I ask that one of people all the time. As soon as I have a house and a garage to work in, I wanna restore a '70 Chevelle.

Old roommate of mine had a 71 Cutlass...was an awesome looking car...until some chick hit him and took out his right fender.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
rare21 said:
Second on the American cars....I'm a Ford man all the way ....

Never was a Ford guy .... until I rode a Burgundy-colored rocket like this to Pensacola for flight school --- SEA to NPA in 2.5 days ..... you should have seen the BOQ parking lot in those days. It looked more like a sports car - muscle car show lot...... no Metros or hybrids allowed ..... I should have kept the rocket instead of the ex-wife :)

11852vt.jpg
mtrsptshist5150to.jpg
... Carroll Shelby ... just a good 'ol Texas boy...

One wonders if the re-birth of the GT500 will be as successful .... ???

shelbycobragt500show423yv.jpg
overview201162505jl.jpg
.... Carroll again.... ahhh, time -- the great equalizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.