• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pontiac GTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclic

Behold the Big Iron
lowflier03 said:
Well i'll give you a hint at 2 of my mods. Propane injection and 20+ psi of boost on a daily basis.

Uhhh....okaay....I guess we learn something new everyday, now I really want to see your car, because other than propane induction systems for Diesel engines that's a new one for me.

I'm guessing you have a bigger turbo and intercooler if you're running 20+psi, and injectors, and fuel pump, and remap or ems, and EBC, and clutch, and drivetrain etc etc....that's a lot of work and money!! I do all my own stuff too except tranny stuff.

C'mon let's go do some damage to the ego some Porsche owners at the track since the V8 guys seem to be very brave on public streets only (TAUNTING ALERT)
Ok OK...before we start with yet another word contest don't worry, we'll go to dragstrip to take on you 5-point-something V8 guys on a straight line.
(TAUNTING ALERT)

Ok I'll stop.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
I thought your avatar was hilarious. As for more of my mods...theres a decent list. Twin 13T turbos, upgraded IC's, 680cc injectors, ITC controller, LS6 MAF and MAFT, hotwired Walbro pump, RPS clutch and flywheel, MBC, datalogger, exhaust, suspension, etc, etc. The propane increases the octane level and improves fuel air mixing allowing for higher boost with lower detonation/knock. Its not supposed to actually be a power adder like nitrous, however myself a several other propane users have felt a significant kick when the propane turns on. So we are checking on that.

Also no one touches this car but me. I do all the work on it except for alignment.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SteveG75 said:
Heck Flash, my truck has 300hp (OK, 295 ;) ). My Corvette may not be refined but it isn't meant to be. I enjoy having a car that is simple and direct (and having sidepipes that make ricers hide).

At least your wife has taste. A '69 RS SS would be fun. Especially with a new LS-7 or Ramjet 502 backed with a T56. And a convertible of course.

Well your truck is probably a few thousand pounds heavier than my car, middle age spread perhaps :D ?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Mefesto said:
3.5 weeks after purchase and the second mod is in! :D Lingenfelter CAI... now I just gotta decide on a grind for a cam, and the long tube headers I want. Exhaust cut outs on the way too. :icon_smil
353925699mNRDWc_ph.jpg

Sweet. I just did the unthinkable, bought a brand new shiny red C6 Vette. The hard part is resisting the urge to mod. Not quite as quick as my modified 03 Cobra but overall is 10 times the better car.

vvmountainvv

i'm not even really into cars but here is another angle on this debate:

HOORAH says: Of course if you walked up to an F1 driver and said that they'd probably punch you.

in this foreign/domestic debate my question is if someone like Mark Martin or Dale Jr. or Jimmy Stewart walked up to the aforementioned F1 driver and said that...who would win the ensuing fight? my vote goes to the NASCAR driver...and what if 40 of the top F1 drivers and their pit crews got into a drag out gang brawl with 40 top NASCAR guys and their pit crews? instead of dropping all your money on a hot sportscar i would instead buy tickets to that main event. it would be great.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Just to spice this thread up. How about NHRA drivers?

Ashley Force is 22 and competes in the Top Alcohol Dragster class:
113_0504_ashley_03_z.jpg
113_0504_ashley_05_z.jpg

Erica Enders is 21 and races Pro Stock:
113_0504_erica_03_z.jpg

Mellisa Westerman, 22, bracket racer. 10.62 @ 125 mph
113_0504_melissa_02_z.jpg
113_0504_melissa_03_z.jpg

Here is the NASCAR representative. Erin Crocker, 24:
113_0504_erin_01_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.