• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pontiac GTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Mefesto said:
Squeeze I'm impressed, you beat me to the Cutlass question, I ask that one of people all the time. As soon as I have a house and a garage to work in, I wanna restore a '70 Chevelle.

Second the '70 Chevelle SS, the best car ever built, 454 LS6 450 HP 500 lb./ft torque, M22 4spd tranny, orange with white stripes, beautiful

Saw one for sale the other day for $37,000 in Gulf Shores, Alabama, almost crashed staring at it while driving down the road, red with black stripes, it was so clean

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I've driven the 04 GTO with the LS1. Fantastic interior but a little bland for me. Its performance was a little dissapointing as well. The performance of the 400hp LS2 is probably a kick in the ass. Also drove a new C6 and loved it. Handled like a dream and accelerated well. My hobby car is currently a slightly modified 03 Cobra. I think its replacement will be the new GT500 being released next year though I've had a mustang for the last 10 years, it's kind of getting old for me.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
My hobby car:
9116IMGP0262-med.JPG

.030 over 350 roller cammed, aluminum heads, ~400 HP, Tremec 5 speed. Fast and loud.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
SteveG75 said:
My hobby car:
9116IMGP0262-med.JPG

.030 over 350 roller cammed, aluminum heads, ~400 HP, Tremec 5 speed. Fast and loud.

Absolutely gorgeous :icon_smil

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Nothing beats the '69 Chevy ZL-1's (both Camaro and Vette). If only they would have actually produced a significant number of them. And I would take a Chevelle 396 over the 454 any day.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Mefesto said:
The place down on Navy Blvd. next to Pensacola Motor Sports had a gorgeous '69 Judge last summer... I almost bought it...

Yeah I saw THE JUDGE, the place was Big Boys Toys. Car was out of my price range but it was a great looking car. You Should've bought it.

Cyclic

Behold the Big Iron
FLYMARINES said:
Foreign cars suck, nough said.

Okay maybe not enough said, but nothing like that good ole American iron, or nothing like cars that are assembled in every country but still have an American name.
Well I say enough with the nonsense, go to a dealership and drive a vehicle like '95 Supra Twin Turbo, RX-7, MR-2, NSX, 3000GT VR-4, M-3, 911, 300ZX Twin Turbo...please dude, give me a break, even now a decade later these cars are expensive and with good reason besides the fact that they still keep up and even whoop most brand new GM/Ford and they are usually in awesome condition. In '95 these cars totally obliterated almost everything coming out of Detroit...by a lot, and everything that came out is pretty much worthless rattling beat up cars now, excluding Vettes and Vipers of course.
Bring your american iron badass Camaro or Mustang to an SCCA track see them get trashed by many sucky foreign cars stock by the way, I'll be waiting my turn in one of my two crappy foreign sporties.

Now I say.....'nough said, well not really.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Yeah, careful bashing the foreign cars. Some of them are actually quality performance vehicles. Very few American muscle cars can keep up in all around driving.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Actually I own a 3000GT VR4, (Stealth TT, Dodge just changed out a few body panels). There are actually quite a few of these still on the road, considering how many were made. Its definately not tired now. How many cars in the early 90's had AWD, AWS, electronic controlled suspension, ABS, airbags and electronic climate control...while still being able to maintain high performance on the road?? None that came out of America.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
the 3000GT/Stealth TT's (as well as the 300ZX TT) achilles heal was it's weight.... sure it was a good idea... twin turbo awd, but when the damn thing weighs nearly 4000 lbs, it somewhat negates any power they could muster.

Supra's in a whole 'nother league than those cars

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Ever since I bought mine I see them every day, in every state I have been in/through. I think you would be suprised at the owner base. There are a few forums for them. Of course everyone always gripes on the weight, cause its all they have to gripe on. If you compare weights its actually not much heavier than the other sports cars. VR4=3791lbs Supra=3550lbs. Most of that comes from the fact that 3000GT's are almost all steel. The power to weight ratio is nice, and its not very hard to get a decent amount of extra power out of it. But its ok, I like people thinking its the underdog.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Cyclic said:
Bring your american iron badass Camaro or Mustang to an SCCA track see them get trashed by many sucky foreign cars stock by the way, I'll be waiting my turn in one of my two crappy foreign sporties.

Now I say.....'nough said, well not really.

On the flip side, many guys/gals would rather go fast in a straight line. I used to go to Carlsbad before it closed and saw many foreign cars go down to the likes of those American cars. Besides, mustangs do well in SCCA, as long as they have a good set-up from someone like Maximum Motorsport. Like in avaition, the driver is just as important as the car.

Don't get me wrong, I have two Fords and one Nissan, an 04 Maxima. The Maxima has the best quality of the three. Really to bad that a 29k car beats a 35k car (my Cobra) in quality.

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
You're probably not getting near an 05 mustang. I ordered a V6 (not even a GT) and waited nearly four months for it. The GT's were taking even longer, convertables in both flavors even longer, and dealers are no longer taking orders on 05's since ordering one now would not be complete before the 06 model year. You'll have to wait until the 06 books are out (which they might be by now, I'm not sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.