• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot from USNA

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
DanielSon said:
meh, some common courtesy and good will towards each other would be nice to see, rather than people being mean for the sake of being mean. I use "mean" as a substitute for other words...;)
If you can't take the banter on this site, you DO NOT belong in Naval Aviation.

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
The Internet isn't the place to be if you want an active social life...and here we are!

That wasn't a point, just an observation...

luckechance

fut.MIDSHIPMAN said:
Well, I will try another question. If I get into the USNA and graduate what comes next. I know that I will be a commissioned officer in the Navy but what will I be doing? If I cannot become a Pilot then I wish to become a lawyer. Anyone have any info for this?
thanks for any help

Take a look at USMMA. The pilot spots are pulled out of a different pool than the other sources (USNA, ROTC, OCS) and are generally easier to get. A few years ago the anchor man got a flight billet. You are also not required to go on active duty after graduation so if being a lawyer sounds better than being a SWO you can go that direction after graduation.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
HAL Pilot said:
If you can't take the banter on this site, you DO NOT belong in Naval Aviation.

I think you have to work up to this level of banter. If you started out in a fleet squadron, then you would sh#t yourself. No high school kid deserves this. Not even from those salty ones with SNA in their bio.
:)

fut.MIDSHIPMAN

I don't understand what you mean? I should go reserves after graduating USNA and got o Law school then Join JAG? Any thing sounds better the SWO, i really dont want to do that.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
fut.midshipman: If you truly want to fly first and foremost (here comes shameless Marine plug) try the PLC program. They will "guarantee" a seat in primary as you are selected. It is typically a bit less competitive than Navy OCS and USNA but ends in a commission in the Marine Corps and a shot at naval aviation. A huge plus is that you can attend a civilian University of your choice and major in whatever the hell you want. According to your profile you have some family experience with The Corps so I'll spare you the obligatory "you have to want to be a Marine" speech. If you don't undertsand that last statement, PM me.

Look into it. Use the search function. I'm sure many more questions will follow.

Good Luck in your quest, Doc

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
pilot_man said:
I think you have to work up to this level of banter. If you started out in a fleet squadron, then you would sh#t yourself. No high school kid deserves this. Not even from those salty ones with SNA in their bio.

Which was my point back on page one. Guys, desist. Not every thread has to degenerate into the way things are in the fleet.

@fut.Midshipman:

Continue to ask your questions, however, please use the Search function first. There's a lot of info on here, and pretty much all the answers to your initial questions can be found by starting there.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
fut.MIDSHIPMAN said:
I don't understand what you mean? I should go reserves after graduating USNA and got o Law school then Join JAG? Any thing sounds better the SWO, i really dont want to do that.

Aviator's still spend a good chunk of their time on ships. If you don't like the sea life, the Navy may not be your bag. But if you meant that you'd rather spend time flying around the boat instead of working in it all the time, then forget my last statement.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
pilot_man said:
My post was directed at DanielSon, who according to his profile is probably a few years out of high school and in college.

I agree fut.MIDSJIOPMAN was beaten a little too severely for a high school kid.

DanielSon said:
Thanks pilot_man. That's the point I was trying to make. Well put. I think we all just need to take it easy sometimes.
You, on the other hand, need to grow a pair. The banter on this site is way less than in any of the the squadrons I was in. I will repeat, if you (as a 20 year old college student) can not take the banter on this site, you probably should not be considering Naval Aviation.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
fut.MIDSHIPMAN said:
Any thing sounds better the SWO, i really dont want to do that.
I guess this is my cue.

Ok, so I'll ask it. What do you know about SWO that makes you think you don't want to do that?