• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot from USNA

fut.MIDSHIPMAN

i was just wonder how one would go about getting the rate of jet pilot after graduating from the naval academy. i know that right now i shoudl focus on getting accepted and i am trying hard, but i would like to know if anyone here has done it. also how you went about this.
thank you for any help or information you can share

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
This is just a guess, but I'm throwing up the bs flag there. The profile has [a lot] spelled incorrectly, but spells commission correctly. Not to mention the apparently blatant disregard for grammar.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
MIDNJAC said:
and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that officers have "rates"

Well, now's the time for him to learn. Not everyone's a rockstar at everything.

KBayDog

fc2spyguy said:
The profile has [a lot] spelled incorrectly, but spells commission correctly. Not to mention the apparently blatant disregard for grammar.

That sounds like 99% of the posts on this forum - and the rest of the crap people post on the internet these days. They used to teach English in grade school; apparently they don't instruct the language anymore (teaching English is probably considered too "insensitive").

ru serious? LOL! ROFL! ur sooooo afu!!! i can't believe it! :yuck_125:

"ENGLISH, MOTHERF*CKER! DO YOU SPEAK IT?!?!"

Ex Rigger

pilot
While I commend you for seeking information, you should learn to make complete sentences, check your spelling, and for the love of God capitalize "i". When seeking professional advice, I would recommend being professional.
*edit*clever how "i" am

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ex Rigger said:
While I commend you for seeking information, you should learn to make complete sentences, check your spelling, and for god sakes capitalize "i". When seeking professional advice, I would recommend being professional.

Or "for God's sake"...and I ain't talkin' about japanese rice wine.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
fut.MIDSHIPMAN said:
1. i was just wonder how one would go about getting the rate of jet pilot after graduating from the naval academy.

2. but i would like to know if anyone here has done it.

3. also how you went about this.

4. thank you for any help or information you can share

1. Work hard and ask for an SNA slot at service selection time. In flight school, work hard and ask for jets at the appropriate time.

2. Yeah...

3. See line item 1.

4. No problem.

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
Yeah it's a joke...who plays tight end and wrestles at 135? That's like high school cross country team weight. Pretty good try, though.

What percent get the whole 4000 calories a day at the Academy?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
highlyrandom said:
Yeah it's a joke...who plays tight end and wrestles at 135?

You'd be surprised. My sophomore year college roommate was 5'7" 155, and was a middle linebacker in high school. Needless to say, his team sucked pretty bad. Even funnier was seeing a 5'7" 155 pound guy think he could kick anyones ass just because he played football in high school.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Thisguy said:
You'd be surprised. My sophomore year college roommate was 5'7" 155, and was a middle linebacker in high school. Needless to say, his team sucked pretty bad. Even funnier was seeing a 5'7" 155 pound guy think he could kick anyones ass just because he played football in high school.

What about 5'10", 225 pound guy who thinks he can kick most guys' asses because he plays football? :icon_wink

KBay, you're funny as hell. Wish I could give you rep.:D

KBayDog

I went to high school in Jersey, and 135# isn't (wasn't - this was a decade ago!) all that uncommon. A "large" guy (built - not fat) was maybe 170. Remember, Jersey is not known for its corn-fed linemen (even though I grew up in the middle of corn fields).

His weight is not unbelieveable, and neither is his grammar - he is a product of the People's Republic of New Jersey school system, after all ;)

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
I guess I shouldn't be so hard on the dude, all he has to do is get edumacated...actually it doesn't matter if you can spell, really, but it does matter that the interviewer doesn't think you did everything in HS because of some magical "get me into USNA" formula. Key Club, class president, captain of the debate team. I'd say best way to get into the Academy and still like yourself is to spend 2 years working out in the Himalayas, go join an EOD or SWCC team, find out if you want to be an officer, and then apply at age 22-23. Can't tell you how many times I wished I hadn't accepted from high school cross country, captain of the team, 3.7 GPA and all that bull. Does you absolutely no good except on the PRT run and maybe gets you out of one semester of English, which is mostly a joke except they teach you how to spell "safety." and to put the quotes outside the period,

Awesome picture, Thisguy, I know it's been said before but so what.