• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot from USNA

KBayDog

highlyrandom said:
I'd say best way to get into the Academy and still like yourself...

Get into the Academy and still like yourself? "That's un-possible!"

The two are mutually-exclusive, my friend.

(Correction: You will still like yourself. After all, somebody has to like you, right?)

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
Perhaps I meant "enjoy" yourself. Or as the Japanese would write in an advertisment, "pleasure yourself greatly at the JMSDF Academy, young gaijin sailor!"

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
highlyrandom said:
Awesome picture, Thisguy, I know it's been said before but so what.

FYI - FSU chicks are in this month's Maxim.

What was this thread about again?

fut.MIDSHIPMAN

I don't understand how I wrote any of this incorrectly. I had one typo and the fact that I didn't capitalize "i." Yes, I play tightend on passing plays I don't block. The reason I am a tightend and not a wideout is because I am not as fast as the other guys there. Also I didn't just say "pilot" because I wanted to be specific so you people didn't think I wanted to be a helo. pilot. I am sorry I called it a rate I have heard navy jobs being called that before so I thought I was correct in saying that. Yes, here in Jersey we don't have the best educational system especially in my school. If you have a problem with that done take it out on me.
thank you to the few people who actually gave me advice and not just ridiculed me

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
fc2spyguy said:
This is just a guess, but I'm throwing up the bs flag there. The profile has [a lot] spelled incorrectly, but spells commission correctly. Not to mention the apparently blatant disregard for grammar.

shutup

KBayDog

fut.MIDSHIPMAN said:
Yes, here in Jersey we don't have the best educational system especially in my school. If you have a problem with that done take it out on me.
thank you to the few people who actually gave me advice and not just ridiculed me

I'm a product of Exit 16W. Being edumicated in Joisey is a handicap, but one you can overcome. Look at me, for example!

"Follow your dreams, you can reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BEEFCAKE!!"

Anyway, keep your eyes on the "prize" (jet pilot), but remember that you have a crap-ton of time before then. In fact, if my Jersey math is correct, you're looking at the better part a decade before you get your wings. Never lose sight of your goal, but take care of the short-term tasks that will get you there. For example, if you want to go to the Academy, your immediate concern should be setting yourself up to get there - of which, I'm sure, some ring-knockers on this board can give you some advice. If you want it badly enough, the hard work started yesterday.

Speaking of setting yourself up for success, these three nuggets will help you:
1. Learn to live the phrase "Semper Gumby" - "Always Flexible." Have your goals, but be willing to adapt as the "mission" requires (you WILL be thrown curveballs along the way; learn to roll with the punches).
2. Make sure you develop thick skin.
3. Don't wind up in a van down by the river.

fut.MIDSHIPMAN

Thank you KBayDog! I have recently been doing a ton of research on the USNA. I have pretty much read everything on their website and that is why I come to websites like this to ask questions. But there always those pricks who have to get all ignorant when I am just trying to ask a question. You said; "some ring-knockers one this board that can give me some advice" can you clue me into the military lingo. Also what do you mean by "Don't wind up in a van down by the river"?

KBayDog

fut.MIDSHIPMAN said:
Thank you KBayDog! I have recently been doing a ton of research on the USNA. I have pretty much read everything on their website and that is why I come to websites like this to ask questions. But there always those pricks who have to get all ignorant when I am just trying to ask a question. You said; "some ring-knockers one this board that can give me some advice" can you clue me into the military lingo. Also what do you mean by "Don't wind up in a van down by the river"?

1. Watch who you call "pricks." You never know who you are talking to/about.

2. "Ring-knocker" = USNA grad.

3. "Van down by the river" = You need to watch more classic SnL :)

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
Hey, sorry dude, if it's a legit post I don't care if there are two or six typos or whatever, I'm not a good example anyway. Didn't mean to make a personal attack, I'm just overly cynical about the "how do I get in" crowd because I don't think anyone should have to change what they do in high school to please some congressman's criteria. Apologies if it sounded like ridicule. Cool?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
fut.MIDSHIPMAN Profile said:
Favorite Quote:
~Only God can judge me.
Oh, Irony!

Friend, a quick truism: you can't post a word on this board with out being judged...

Happy Posting,

Eddie

fut.MIDSHIPMAN

HighlyRandom its cool I understand. But I am willing to do pretty much anything I have to to get into the academy.
Eddie I know everything one here gets judged but I don't have to take it to heart and that's pretty much what I mean by the quote. Don't let others thoughts bring you down.
Well, I will try another question. If I get into the USNA and graduate what comes next. I know that I will be a commissioned officer in the Navy but what will I be doing? If I cannot become a Pilot then I wish to become a lawyer. Anyone have any info for this?
thanks for any help

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
eddie said:
Friend, a quick truism: you can't post a word on this board with out being judged...
And I shall smite thee from on high!

Brett

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
fut.MIDSHIPMAN said:
If I cannot become a Pilot then I wish to become a lawyer. Anyone have any info for this?
thanks for any help

If you mean a lawyer for the Navy in the JAG corps, then USNA probably isn't the best option. If you go to USNA and don't get a pilot slot, you probably won't get the chance to go to law school and be a JAG.

In case you really, really, really like to plan ahead:
www.jag.navy.mil