• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS - March 23, 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared

Thomas, when you figure out where you're going to stay let me know, I'll book a room in same place. By the way, are you from Ruston originally? Just wondering 'cause I'm from Louisiana too.

Jared

Thomas B

Jared, sounds cool! No, I'm originally from Linden, TX; which is about 45 miles south of Texarkana. I moved to Ruston in 99 to attend LATech. Imagine that! What part of Louisiana are you from?

Thomas

mattlowery

When you two figure it out, tell me, and I'll get a room there as well. That's weird, I used to talk to a girl on AOL that went to LA tech for the longest time. Her name was Jessica something. Anyways, off to Cigna to cunch the numbers I go!

Matt L.

el_riddle

60 bubba
man, all you southerners! not that lexington, ky is that north. i actually lived in atlanta, ga for a bit...well long enough to learn without a beach, the south is just to hot. i'm in for the hotel, steak and beers. times, they are a'changin!
luke

mattlowery

Luke, now you're talking! Steak sounds good for our "Last dinner." hehe Man, you are just as southern as we Tennesseeans are! Actually, the common misconception I suppose would be that Southerner=Redneck. That's far from the case, but there are plenty of them around. Nothing wrong with a good funny redneck though! A nice shiny mullet always keeps me laughing. No offense to those with mullets!!!!! hehehe

Later all,

Matt L.

Jared

Hey now, just because I drive '75 Chevy pickup with a Confederate flag front license plate, giant mud tires, glasspacked exhaust and Yosemite Sam mudflaps doesn't mean I should be made the subject of derision. ha ha. Thomas, it sounds like you and I swapped states. I'm living in Houston now, but I'm originally from Eunice (which is a small town near Lafayette if you haven't head of it). As for a steak, one the size of a suitcase sounds fantastic to me.

Jared

Thomas B

Jared, I don't think I would have told that much about myself on here. Man, are you ever going to catch it while we are at OCS! That's cool though it happen to me the entire 4 years that I was enlisted! I heard every red neck and Texan joke there was! It was fun though.

Yeah I here ya a steak that will take a week to eat. I was also thinking about catching a good breakfast before we start. I don't know about you guys but I hate powdered eggs!

Thomas

Fly Navy!!

el_riddle

60 bubba
man, the mudd flaps and all? crazy. as for powdered eggs, i just can't wait for that crap. :)
check this out...i hurt my back yesterday playing basketball and had to cancel my valentine date...doesn't that suck. one thing you know for certian is that its always going to be a good night on v-day as much as i hate that holiday! it ranks just above new years even as the worst holidays for us single guys. anyway...instead of using my day off today to go rock climbing i'm sitting on the computer nursing my back. oh well. but i'd hate to go to ocs injured. peace out.
luke

el_riddle

60 bubba
well, i've always been a glutton for punishment. but i need to start scaling back some stuff. its hard to give up playing basketball when you live in the b-ball capitol of the world...Lexington, Ky!

man, i've totally been slacking on my preperation. i've memorized my general orders of the sentury but i don't have a mastery of the code of conduct or chain of command, much less all those damned rankings and signas. oh well, come the month of march it'll seem a lot more real.
luke
FLY NAVY

KyleP

Do you guys know what your class # is? We (class 1502) will be candidate officers starting March 21 so it looks like we will be your incdoc staff.

kylep
class 15-02

mklepac

How did ya'll find out your class number?? I asked my recruiter several times and he said he doesn't know. He said he can't say cause it changes so much and I won't know till I get there. I think he's just be lazy and not telling me!!! :( I guess i'll find out in a week!

Mk

[/quote]

Thomas B

Mud flaps! Damn...Do you have a cartoon character or a woman on them?

I too have been trying not to get too envolved in anything that would risk an injury. I turned down a football game the other night! My only problem thus far is trying to loose a little weight. I do real good during the week on eating right and excersing. Then the weekend comes and it all goes down hill with grilling and drinking beer!

I don't know about you guys but I have things planed every weekend until we start OCS! I need to get off this damncomputer and go run all that poison out of my system!

Thomas

Fly Navy!!

el_riddle

60 bubba
hey guys,
i just don't know if i'm ready to give up basketball right now. i know its the 'smart' thing to do, but man i hate just running by myself.
does anyone with ocs experience have a rough estimate of how many miles and how many push ups and sit ups an average candadite does on an average day?

skysedge

el_riddle,
it all depends on how locked on your class is. If your class is full of a bunch of screw ups then your get mashed alot. The class I'm in right now is pretty locked on so we don't do a whole lot ofter morning PT. If I were you I'd start running a couple of miles everyday. Be able to run a mile and half in 10:30 when you get here, it will make your life at OCS alot less stressful. As for push ups and sit ups, if you can do 87 push ups in 2 mins, and 109 sit ups in 2 mins then again life won't be as bad for you at OCS. If you aren't hitting those goals when you get here your DI will make you do more PT at night to get you up to that level. And don't worry about getting mashed they can only drop you for 20 mins at a time, and rarely does it last that long(after your poopie week)

Status
Not open for further replies.