• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS - March 23, 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared

I hear you Thomas, 6 weeks is way too far away. And about the beer, I can think of nothing better than one last cold one.

Jared

Thomas B

Hey Luke and Jared
Well I just want to say that I can't wait to be part of the best aviators in the world! I will graduate on March 2 from Louisiana Tech University! Eventhough, I am more excited about OCS than I am about graduating. lol

I will be driving down from Ruston, LA which is about a 7 hr drive. I went to Pensacola last August for a couple of days just to check things out. Man the Aviation Museum is awesome.

So what kind of training have you guys been doing? I have been running about 3 miles every other day and starting this week I am going to start running it everyday. I have been working out at the gym about three times a week and doing some push-ups & crunches.

So what about you guys, where did yall graduate from and so on?

Thomas

Fly Navy!!

Edited by - Thomas B on 02/10/2002 23:20:51

el_riddle

60 bubba
Thomas,
well, i'd like to say i've been as faithful as you in my work outs! i've been running a little over two miles a couple days a week and doing my push ups and sit ups as often as i can think of it. its a bit hard for me to believe that march 23 is so soon. i'm sorta settled in here (lexington, ky) pretty good and its going to be a little hard to leave. but man, i can't wait to fly. i graduated from u.k. in dec 2000 then toured europe and north africa for a couple of months before deciding that the military was my future. take care,
luke

mattlowery

Luke,

I have the same feelings. I am snug in Nashville and dread storing all my stuff until who knows when, but will all pay off after the initial transition hopefully.

Matt L.

Thomas B

I'm not in the shape that I would like to be in for OCS, but I do think that I will be ok in the first PRT test. I know what you guys are feeling about the transition and being settled in. I currently live with my girlfriend and she is going to stay here in Ruston, La while I'm at OCS. So, at least I don't really have to worry about putting my stuff in storage. I did that when I was enlisted, when I went on deployment. It sucks, but I think after it is over with and you guys are flying it will be worth it.

Something interesting that I found out this morning. I called my credit union to arrange payment methods on my truck loan and they told me that there is some kind of active duty act that will drop my percentage rate to 6%. I currently have one loan at 7.3% and another at 12.9%. All I have to do is send them a copy of my orders and both loans will drop to 6%. Just thought I would pass the word so you guys could check into it. I'm not sure if it's a law or anything but I think it could come in handy.

later,

Thomas

Thomas B

Damn! I just got back from running and I am wore out. I think I drank too much this weekend. lol...time to stop that stuff!

Glad to hear that you guys checked into it. I'm not sure if it covers student loans or not. I wont be able to find out until Thursday when we resume class for the Mardi Gras holiday. Man you have to love a state that gives you three days off to go and party! Thursday I will do my exit interview with financial aid and I will ask about the percentage rate stuff.

Thomas

Fly Navy!!

Thomas B

Luke
When you toured Europe and Africa was just a vacation or were you working? I have always wanted to go on a Safari in Africa. The most exotic place I seen was Bali, Indonesia.
I was there in 96 while on deployment. I had a blast and it sure was different from the U.S. especially the beaches!

Thomas

Fly Navy!!

el_riddle

60 bubba
Thomas,
definately just for fun. it all sorta happened election night with the whole bush/gore thing. some friends and i decided to go out drinking and watch the elections. as the outcome took longer and longer we drank more and more and by the end of the night a buddy and i had decided to leave as soon as we could get plane tickets.
but i have to say it was one of the best things i ever did. good times you know. i guess that sparked a love of traveling in me that pushed me to go navy. anyway thats about that!
Fly Navy,
luke

Thomas B

Luke
My credit union said all they needed was a copy of my orders and then the percentage rate would go in effect for march 22. My recruiter said that the orders will start on March 22. Man I'm not sure how all of this will work but I hope that we will also be able to use it on our school loans! I don't know about you guys but I am dreeding making payments on them.

So when we report to OCS on the 23rd do we have to stay on base that night or can we stay in town? I was just curious how all that works. I read something on here that we wouldn't have to be there until that Sunday morning. What day are yall driving in on? I was planning on that Friday but I might change it to Saturday if I can stay out in town that night. I'm just trying to get things organized and ready to go.

Later

Thomas

mattlowery

i'll be going early Saturday morning probably. i don't think we have to stay on base, but i guess i probably will if there is room available at the BEQ or wherever. I hope to get there mid-afternoonish so i can get familiarized a little bit and enjoy the last few hours of civilian life for awhile.

Matt L.

el_riddle

60 bubba
so as far as staying at a hotel...does anyone have any good suggestions for where to stay on the last night of being a civilian? i don't know much about p-town, but i'm sure someone here has had a good experience somewhere. thanks
lwr

Thomas B

Well I don't have any suggestions on where to stay. I was just gong to get on the net and book a room at the Holiday Inn or something, find a place to heat a good healthy steak and a big frosty beer. Last night as a civilian so I want it to be enjoyable!

I can't believe that we have less than 6-weeks until we start OCS. I am so pumped! I graduate on the 2nd but I am more excited about starting my Naval career! I don't know what to think

Well what do you guys think? I wonder how many of us will be in our class?

Thomas

Fly Navy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.