• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS - March 23, 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlowery

The Navy blanket is a grey blanket that you can use to sleep under instead of getting under your covers every night and making your bed every day. However, i've heard all sorts of crap about it, so I'll at least bring it and leave in the car. You still have to make sure your bed is squared away every morning, so don't let it sound too good.

As for what I do, I'm a Financial Underwriter for Cigna Healthcare. Cigna is a health insurance company for employee benefits. I set the prices people pay out of their paychecks every month for health insurance benfits at work. I use a ton of statistics and finance and computer models and sit in a cube all day. I feel like I am straight from the move Office Space. That movie is so damn funny. Anyone seen it? Very true movie.

Well, back to work I go. Later all...

Matt L.

psu_midn

Matt-
I understand your pain. I work for KPMG as an accountant. Waiting for OCS to come.

By the way...have you seen my stapler [:)]

Thomas B

Hey fellas, just got back home from a weekend of celebrating and seeing old friends! Man I feel like crap and I need to go workout but damn, where is the energy?
As far as me graduating on March 2, I attend Louisian Tech University and we are on the quarter system. I don't believe that many schools do that these days but I enjoy it and it moves alot faster.

Man I just can't believe that march is almost here. about the blanket I'm going to bring one and if they wont let me use it, oh well I will just keep it in my truck.

I'm going to shoot for jets but I'm basically aiming to fly and as long as I can do that I will make the best of it. I really don't want helo's but If that is what I get, I geuss I will have to deal with it because I sure don't want to drive a ship!

Well I geuss I will go workout and get some of this posion out of my system.

Thomas

Fly Navy!!!

mattlowery

cool, KPMG is a pretty good company. they are into Investment banking, correct? i do very similar stuff compared to an investment banker, only I price health insurance instead of things like IPOs and debt offerings. was it your Swingline you were missing?? ;)

Thomas, had a little fun over the weekend eh? Yeah, I drank a little myself (quite a few jack and cokes). Actually Paul and I (another poster on here) met up downtown and had some drinks. I was hurting yesterday, but am feeling pretty good today. I'm about to go run and swim, so tomorrow I'll be hurting. Oh well, the fun. Yeah, I'm taking my blanket too and some other clothes and stuff that I'm just going to leave in my truck during OCS, so I'll have them afterwards. I just don't know what the timeframe will be like between OCS and API. When is everyone planning on getting stuff out of storage and getting an apartment or something? I think we can do that after API right?

Matt L.

Thomas B

Good day gentlemen! Well I feel much better today than yesterday! I think I got all that posion out of my system. Matt, my friend I had way too much to drink this past weekend! Then to top it all off, I will be having a graduation party this Saturday night! I don't know how much of this I can take

I'm not real sure how the apartment thing will go after OCS. I thought about getting one but I don't want to get stuck signing a lease for like 6 months and then getting orders to Chorpus or something after API. I was going to play all that by ear. I was thinking after API, I would have a better idea on where I was going and for how long. What are yalls plans and what have most of you heard about that situation?

I know one thing since about 2 weeks ago my workout program has gone down the drain. I'm lucky if I get to the gym twice a week where as to opposed 5 times like I was doing earlier in the month. I geuss with graduation and all getting ready to go down there is taking alot of time trying to get everything organized before I leave.

Thomas

Fly Navy!!!

el_riddle

60 bubba
hey boys,
well, i was looking around on the rest of the forum, and it looks like this is one of the biggest strings on the whole site! i don't know what that means, i guess we're just the most verbose kids on the block, who knows.
well, about the apartment thing. i am definately going to get one, but when is the question for sure. i think if i can work it out i'm going to try and stick in p-cola.
onto another topic. how are you guys planning on paying your bills while at ocs. i mean, are we supposed to have out credit card bills, car loan, and all that jazz sent to us at ocs or what? peace out.
luke

psu_midn

I am definetely curious about the bill thing as well. Maybe there is a new law that exempts us from all bills....wouldn't that be great!

supermeyers

I'll tell you how I'm taking care of my bills while in OCS. I opened a joint checking account with my parents so both they and I can have access to it. That is the account I am having my salary direct deposited to. I have changed the billing address for my bills to go to my parents' house, so, when they get the bills they can just pay them off with the checks from the joint account. If you can't trust your parents then you are sol if you decide to do it this way. I start heading south from Mich. next Wednesday. See you guys down there :)

Thomas B

I'm just going to pre-date my checks and leave them with my girlfriend. I just pray that she wont mess me up. I'm thinking after four years of dating that she will do what I ask her. When I was enlisted and went on deployment, I did the same thing that Supermeyers is doing.

Well we have less than 4-weeks before we start the fun! How is everyone feeling? I'm excited and cant wait to get it over with!

Thomas

Fly Navy!!!

Gator

There are some banks out there that have a bill paying program that will pay your bills for you automatically. There are some banks out there that charge a few for this service and others that don't. I reccommend opening an account with USAA. The offer everything for banking and investment counseling to insurance. Their insurance rates are generally lower than anyone elses. Another option is set up an allotment through the military. They will take money tp pay your car payment and such straight out of your pay.

el_riddle

60 bubba
so i spoke with a former army officer yesterday at my dentist office and he gave me all sorts of good info. he spoke of usaa and told me about the soldier/sailor federal relief act that if invoked places a cap on all interest rates on loans you are committed to at 6%! now i'm not sure if this is only for soldier/sailors in a war situation or if it is for ALL active military men and women. i am going to call the local j.a.g. office in ky and see, but if anyone knows about this i would love to hear more.
luke

Gator

el_riddle,
Check out the post I made abou the 6% interest rate under miscelaneous. There's some useful info and the website to check out the info yourself. By the way I called my bank about one of my lons and all they needed was a copy of my orders.

dcstruble

My bank tried to give me a hard time about reducing the interest rates. They said it was voluntary active duty so the reduced rate didn't apply to me. I pressed the issue and they called the govt - my rates will be lowered the date I start OCS.

psu_midn

Does that apply to the loan that I have on my car as well!!...I financed it through the dealer. But I make payments to Chase..??

Thomas B

Hey don't let them suckers play you, My credit union said all I need was a copy of my orders. Orders for us will start on March 22, so on that date your rates will fall to 6%! Just send them a copy of your orders and bingo! I haven't heard anything as far as credit cards and such, what do yall know about that?

Damn 3 weeks tomorrow and we are officially govt. property!! Oh Shit!!!....LOL

Thomas

Fly Navy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.