• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS - March 23, 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlowery

luke,

that's too weird. i just hope everything is straight and not screwed up when we get there. i called my recruiter and he called the admin person in CNET i guess and they confirmed the March 23 date. are you going March 22nd, the day before? driving? Later!

el_riddle

60 bubba
man, i don't know when i'm going down...i have to get a new car first, my current one just blew up :( oh well, good thing for the steady income of the navy. have a great day all.
luke

mattlowery

dude,that's not good, but at least you will have steady income, you're right. i got another letter in the mail today with corrected date for OCS, sot hat's good. i also went and signed all the paperwork and the Oath, so I'm all ready. just need to get some orders. I'm pretty sure i'm gonna drive down there as opposed to flying. Plenty of time for flying later!

Matt L.

el_riddle

60 bubba
I feel that...FLY NAVY!!! my recruiter said to get there as late as possible. i'm thinking about checking into a semi decent hotel and maybe sit in the sauna, smoke a cigar, have a final drink and kiss the good times good-bye for a month or so.

so are any of you guys leaving girlfriends or what?
luke

Paul Burke

I'm getting a bit freaked out that there aren't many others going to the May 18 class. I can just see it now. I'll be in the only class, with the exception of a handful of other airdales, that has every SEAL candidate and 0% body fat, run 20 miles a day, determines if gyms stay in business or not types.

That is a good question though. Will they have an OCS class with only a few people in it like that or will they hold them over for a week until X-number of people show up? In boot camp, they would take everyone in and the first 80 people made up a company. Only a few people were ever held over but it was only for a few days when that happened.

el_riddle

60 bubba
Bart...
I feel ya about the 'crazies'. i've been trying to get myself into decent shape (okay, so i just started working out again this week) but just the same. i talked to a good friend of mine who has some experience with all this, and he said you'd be suprised how many people come more or less off the street and just get raped by the mashings. therefore i'm determined not to let that happen and know as much gouge as i can before hand. i've also started waking at 4:30 and working out, so that that first week of mustering so early won't be that big a shock.
i read that rolling is a very common, yet unfortunate occurance, so who knows, perhaps they build up the other classes that way! lets hope not.
have a good day everyone.
luke

Jared

Count me in for 23 March OCS. I got the ball rolling on my application in early March 2001, and here I am 11 months, 2 rejection letters, and a PRK waiver later, with a pilot slot. Looking forward to seeing ya'll in sunny P-cola.
Jared

mattlowery

Jared,

Congrats bro! That's awesome that your persistency paid off. I'll be in the March 23rd calss as well. I know it will be very tough, but I look forward to the entire experience. Later!

Matt L.

Paul Burke

It's the getting up at 4:30 that scares me the most. It's bad enough that I've never been a morning person but what's worse is that I'm such a hard sleeper. I have 3 alarm clocks that wake up everyone else in my apartment complex except for me. A few years ago, we had an F-5 tornado sweep through here and it missed my dorm by about 25 yards. I slept through the entire thing. I just hope and pray I don't ever have a Gunny Sgt. giving me the "wake up sweetheart" line. That would be a bad way to start the day.

Can anyone tell me about liberty during OCS? Are you allowed to leave the base? How long is it on average? When does it expire?

el_riddle

60 bubba
Bart,
i've read a couple great journals and it seems that leave is earned through 'securing' after MTT evaluations on the fourth week, and then some time after that. however i'm not sure on whether or not it is common to earn this early leave.
my biggest concern is rolling...i might even use any leave i earn to sleep and study instead of bar hop. it sounds lame, but man, 90 days of hard work isn't that bad. have a great day all.
luke

Jared

Matt and Luke,

Are you guys planning on doing the usual, i.e. heading down to Pensacola on Saturday the 23rd and grabbing a hotel room? If so, how does getting together that evening sound?

Jared

mattlowery

i'm game for that. actually it will be the 22nd right, on Saturday?? as i've planned so far, i'll be driving instead of flying, so i'll leave early to ensure that i will get there in time to check into BEQ and then go out with you two and anyone else. Later!

Matt L.

Jared

No, the 23rd is Saturday. I'll be driving as well and plan on geting in that afternoon.

Jared

Status
Not open for further replies.