• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC-185 unofficial results are in....sound off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

perotti17

I have done just about everything I could do, including rewriting my essay, getting LORs, etc. No dice. I was disenrolled because during SULE II, I went ballistic when somebody in my fire team was faking an injury so he could dog the LRC run (many of you will have the pleasure to find out what these things are shortly). There are more details that I choose not to get into. Use this as a message: dont do anything stupid! It cost me everything. If somebody pisses you off or threatens you, try not to escalate it. Good luck to all.

Sins

A guy out of my officer was a non-select for something similar a couple boards ago. A "leadership drop" from a past OCS kept him out. He reapplied and got selected for 185. Of course, he is a decorated enlisted Marine with a 300PFT.

SliderSD

Praxis..Good to see your still checking the web-site.
To all of us who are going I guess we learn new things all the time about OCS. It seems more challenging now, to know that we may have to deal with guys who can't pull their own weight. That kind of stuff drives me nuts! All I can say is that for all of us who are going and keep in touch on this forum, I hope that when we get to OCS we can look out for each other. Making sure we keep level heads, and motivating each other.

Oh and BTW I quit my job today. Felt I needed a month off.

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Good for you slider...having a month to collect yourself will be a wise investment...I've got so much crap to do I'm having pre-OCS stress...What doesn't kill us makes us stronger though.

You're right about sticking together at OCS...I think that would be huge especially during the first two weeks when they really break us down and most everyone knows no one around them...I would definitely concur that it is very important to establish 'life lines'...There will be days when one guy will be draggin and another a different day. Therefore, its good to have peers motivating you so you don't incur SI Wrath.

Sins

Oh I'm still around. Thanks.
I haven't given up. Tomorrow I'll go flying with a USMC Captain along with some other guys from my office. It's just that this time around I'll have a solid contingency plan.

Slider and everyone else going, take a couple weeks to train hard then taper so you can kick serious ass starting January. No need to stress about some silly civilian job now!

SliderSD

Serious. I know that my budget could use the money but my mind doesn't need the mindless stress of an office job. Of course everyone has differant circumstances.

TNWhiskey, I'll find you when we get out to OCS for sure. I am still fighting off a shin splint on right tibia that won't go anyway. Other than that I will be in the gym and training as much as possible, as well as finishing up my IFR rating. What a chore that is. So I still have a full time job with flying, but its not really like work when its your passion.

Stay healthy guys! And Praxis, Im still bummed your not going to join us for the cold 10 weeks of torture. Soon enough my friend.

riley

Let me know if anyone finds out when "the General" signs off for the West Coast decision. Still waiting with bated breath - my OSO won't tell me until it is "official" - I understand where he is coming from, but it is still not fun.

smith010

Hey everyone! Y'all can call me Smitty... I am Lance Corporal in the Marine Corps Reserve. I see most of you are excited about being accepted for OCS this summer, thats pretty good-to-go! Congrats! I am putting a package in for the January selections... anyone care to comment on what they think my "chances" are... here are my stats for ya...

PFT 230 w/ a run of about 24:25 (yeah I know, I need to run, workin on it!)
-College GPA = 3.5 as a professional aeronautics major at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (changing majors to aeronautical science next fall though)
-SAT unknown (950 I think)... ASVAB 85
-LOR's: all the ones OSO asked for (employers, professors, friends, my commanding officer)
-ASTB: All I know is I passed! (According to the OSO)
-First application.
-Married
-several traffic violations (nothing serious, just speeding)
-FAA licensed Private Pilot with some instrument rating training.

Hopefully when January selections come, I will be able to say "See you all this summer!"... we shall see. I basically am going to PT myself silly between now and then. Hear any footsteps?? Yeah thats me! Later!

dcook

Smitty, I actually think you have a really good shot. In fact with the major you have from Embry-Riddle, I've heard of Air Force picking up guys from there like no other. As long as you get your PFT score up to a minimum of 250, you should be fine. Of course PFT scores could change later because of competition or lack of. A buddy of mine got to OCS with a 207 and made it through.

smith010

Thanks dcook... I have talked to a few Air Force recruiters from ERAU on the phone. As soon as they found out I am already a Marine, they got really... quiet! I just started Atkins diet yesterday to help put me back within USMC weight standards and the running is coming along good. I have always been decent on pull-ups (13) and crunches (100) but the run has killed me lately. Parris Island was my fastest time... like 20:30 something... and that was because I spent the last mile chasing my drill instructor! Like some Marines have done, I have let the running slide since then and now I am floundering around 24-25 minutes. Ah well... some of us learn the hard way. Heading out for a 1.5 mile run in boots now. Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.