• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC-185 unofficial results are in....sound off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SliderSD

I think we all thought you were a shoe in Praxis. I know you put a lot of time and effort into this. If you don't decide to reapply for 186, I know that you will succeed at anything you do. Go commercial, invest a little money in a good flight school and get your ratings.

My 2 cents, reapply, let the waivers age a little. I think you will make a fine Officer someday.

Good luck to you.

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Definitely reapply man...perhaps they want people to apply more than once because of the high demand at this point...Makes it so people with fleeting ideas get weeded out...the waivers maybe reaffirmed this for the board...reapply and they'll know your serious. You've got an excellent PFT, good academics, etc, they're testing you...don't quit now.

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Congrats Whiskey. My board doesn't meet until early January. Just have to make an impression with those first quarter grades...

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Good luck gentlemen. It all starts now. Praxis, keep your head up, and keep applying. I know how hard you have been working just by reading your post. Stay warm.

reapergm

TN!!! THATS SO AWESOME!!! CONGRATS BRO!!! Looks like you wont be needing the PRK after all!!! Im really happy for you and slider. Praxis - like I just IMed you.. keep trying! I hope to see you guys there eventually!

texag02

on the phone with the oso in college station right now. i'm good to go. HELL YAH.

praxis - sorry to hear that, keep fightin man, a lot of people here are rooting for you.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
What a bummer...Someone in my chain of command won't release unofficial results. Apparently, we'll find out when the General signs off on the list. It's better than a no, but still, it stinks.

And congrats to Texag02!

Sins

Yes, waiting sucks.

Wow, its amazing how much better I feel after 24 hours. Yesterday sucked.

Want to know the plan of this non-select? Depending on why I wasn't selected (obviously my moral waivers even though they got signed) and my OSO's advice, I'll keep my package in for 186. Maybe rewrite my essay, get a new PIQ and PFT again for that 300.

Good news - now I have time to run the Big Sur Marathon. I have solid GRE and LSAT scores and ordered about a dozen grad/law school applications today. Also, I talked to the Army recruiter, those guys have an OCS too (but Ranger school is the closest thing to Marine OCS) and Warrant Officers fly "choppers" -- their PFT is a joke (80 situps & 75 pushups in 2 minutes each, 2 miles/13 minutes). Anyway.....

Non-selects: Keep attacking!

OCC-185 selects: the joke's on you! I'll be in warm bed with a hot girl when they're breaking the ice so you can crawl through the quigley! I hate you. But seriously, kick some ass. Congratulations, this is the chance of a lifetime. I envy you. Someone out there has my spot, don't f it up. Don't let yourself or anyone else down. Train hard, sound body = sound mind. Keep attacking!

SliderSD

Good to hear you are keeping positive. Good luck to you. And thanks for the vote of confidence. Bur Sur Marathon, Warm bed, Hot chicks. Not Jealous yet.....still got it. For now anyway. Keep in touch with us Praxis.

For all us Selected for 185. Mount Up!

riley

I just want to ask those that have heard "officially" or when you do hear "officially" if you could post it so I can start worrying a little more and call my OSO 10 times a day....

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Riley,

You've heard nothing at all, even unofficially? Damn, glad I'm not alone then. I was told I could get word today (which would be official), so I'll let you know if that happens.

texag02

i'd almost rather know only officially, cause how depressing will it be to hear the go "unofficially" then get axed officially

Status
Not open for further replies.