• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC-185 unofficial results are in....sound off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhd21

Riley, what was your PFT? DId you have any waivers? and why do you think you were a non-select? just curious- east coaster

riley

I am West coast - my OSO told me I was non-select Wed. (03 Dec.).

I had a tattoo waiver - (with a really good explanation)
I'm married
I had one traffic stop - speeding.

It definitely had to be my pft - I have a 1350 SAT, good Recs, good leadership experience, but those lousy pullups kept me at a 249.

Before anyone gets on my case, at the beginning of August, I could only do 1 pullup, 60 situps, and my run hovered around 25 - 26 min. I got that to 13, 100, 20:40 by the submission date (mid-Oct.). My problem was I started too late, and I hadn't really been working on fitness before I started to apply in August. (I can blame it on my office job - but I won't - it is my own fault)

Lesson learned - I am just grateful I can fix my problem and re-apply - I just hope there will still be a June class.

for all you east coast guys - good luck with the results....

reapergm

Riley, sorry to hear.You WILL get that PFT up by the next board.. dont sweat it... Just keep doing the Armstrong program. I went from 3 to 31 now... God bless it.(My run still sucks though).

riley

Thanks for the encouragement, Reaper.

I'm working at it - I'm impressed - 31 pullups is real good - a nice little margin of safety.

If 186 isn't there - I'll definitely see you in 187 - by the way, congrats on your eye surgery working out so well.

perotti17

Hope to see you guys at the 187. Keep it up. By the way, what is the Armstrong Program? I have been stuck at 18 pullups for months. I need that 10 pts.

riley

There is more info under the Marine PFT Section - but I've posted the link below for all the details you need:

http://www.4mcd.usmc.mil/AOP/OSOHyattsville/Armstrong%20Pullup%20Program.htm

good luck

craig0330

Osprey Candidate
Just got the call 20 min. ago, I"M IN!! I'm in RD 1 from the Pittsburgh OSO office. 300 PFT, 6/8 ASTB, prior navy 7 years, waivers family tattoo and marijuana. 3.0 gpa strong LOR's. See you boys in VA!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HEEEEEE

ElCid 2001

I am in boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 185 here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got the call two minutes ago. Man I am pumped.
Pft:292
Citadel Grad, class of 01'

ElCid 2001

Well more reason to run harder. I know I Know don't over do it. BTW this my third time applying for all those guys that weren't accepted. I have been trying since since 2001. I always wanted to be a Marine Officer. Nothing is going to stop me from reaching my goal. Good luck to the rest of you.

lonelydriver

Just got a call from my oso earlier today, i'm SELECTED!!! Thank you for all of your sincere views and see your guys there. By the way, New York upstate syracuse office, Binghamton University, pft 289, no waiver.

reapergm

Im so F'n jealous right now... and for the 184 fellas who just got done! Awesome guys! Happy for you! Kick some behind in 185. Time in patience on my end. Soon!!!! Good luck! - Reaps

muffin

I dunno...I must be special or something
boggled_125.gif

We're talkin about this summer coming up, not two summers away aren't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.