• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC-185 unofficial results are in....sound off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sins

I'm just fooling around, Smitty. No biggie. This was a thread about OCC-185, who got in and who didn't and all that fun stuff. All the sudden we were talking about PLC-combined: thread drift.

As far as your package, everything looks good except that one part. You have time for that. I've done Atkins, its a great crash diet for dropping 10 lbs in a week but I found that a balanced diet and daily exercise works best for me.
Good luck.

smith010

Ah... didnt mean to drift your thread... that was my first post on here and was just trying to get a response. Atkins is working so far, except for tonights buffalo wings from Ruby Tuesday. The menu said they had only 1 net carb so I thought they would be fine. Now I am spending all night in the head... errrr!

dcook

How's it going East Coast? Nervious yet? I can already feel the water in my boots freezing. I've been hearing lots of stories from some PLC seniors and grads of OCS (including "Old Corps" guys), and I swear, if anyone goes out on liberty to get drunk...I'm going kick them in the nuts. That's just crazy! I'd rather be downing OJ and sleeping in a nice warm hotel room getting ready for the next week. If they can booze it up and still PT and function, those guys are studs.

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Cooky, you've got the right idea...I won't be on liberty to have fun...it will be to 1) to sleep/recover and prepare and 2) get away from the base. Back around Labor day I was in Vegas for almost two weeks and tried to workout (3-4 times) after drinking the day before and it wasn't fun at all...I felt like I was going to die after 2 miles on the treadmill.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Good call, Whiskey. I want my liberty to consist of sleep, preparation, and talking to those whom I care about back home. Question: What's the closest hotel most candidates go and stay at? What's the nightly fee?

dcook

Well, from what I heard there is a hotel that is actually next to the main gate, but it sucks and the rates are pretty steep. My plan is to drive my own truck there, because taxis rape you, and find another hotel around town. I'd be glad to give some other guys a ride. We're pretty much going to have to depend on each other. One more thing, most people see that you are somewhat bald and the look of a broken spirt, they tend to think you are desperate (and have money).

riley

Well, The "official results" are in for the West Coast and the "General" has apparently signed off on it. My OSO called me last night - non-select.

So, for all of you going to OCC 185 - Congrats. I'm really excited for the June class - us Texas boys aren't too keen on cold weather.

My plans are to keep at it - I'm not giving up - if I have to bang on every door in the Marine Corps, I will....

Sins

Riley, sorry to hear that. F the cold anyway! ;)

Is 186 open to us? If so, see you in June!

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Riley, sorry to hear that.

Cooky, I'll take you up on that offer...

Actually I hope a lot of you East coasters take your rides us Westies don't wanna have to walk off post.

riley

Talked to my OSO this morning - he said the 186 class for OCC is still up in the air. He is going to a conference next week to find out for sure. I'd hate to wait until October - but if thats what it takes...

Sins

with the official list, was there a reason for non-selection? I'm still waiting on my official reason...

riley

My OSO never gave me an "official" reason, I'd like to know the same thing - so I know exactly what to work on or change for the next time. I know my PFT wasn't where it should be, other parts of my application were good, though - I just want it to be impossible for them to tell me no.

I think I might take the ASTB (forgot the acronym) again - OSO said I had passing scores - but I want the best.....

reapergm

Well, 187... its awhile away.. but I will keep bustin my hump to get there! So if you do end up there Riley and Prax, we'll tear up it down there!

Status
Not open for further replies.