• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No more SNA spots till Oct 2010?!

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
Why do ya think I retired? They just don't need as many of us IP types anymore.

update: (I am soooooo goin' to Hell for this...;-)

phrogpilot73

Gents, I fully understand all of that. The point is that since my OCS date keeps getting pushed back every few months, I no longer even have a guarantee at getting a shot at my dream job. October 2010 I'm going to be 4 months away from being 27.5, and it's not going to leave room for any further delays. I'll keep coloring till then, but I'm going to be losing sleep over this till I have my OCC orders in my hands.
Here's the best advice I can give you:

Don't lose sleep over it. Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do - but you don't get anywhere. I've met you and know how much this means to you, but nothing in this world is worth losing sleep, developing an ulcer, etc over...

I'm also a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Why did I get sent on a FAC tour? I wouldn't have met PSW if I hadn't. Why did I hit the scupper? I would have been stuck on a boat for several months if I hadn't.

I have no idea what the master plan is for you, but I would ask you this - which matters more to you - being a pilot or a Marine? Having met you I think I know the answer. But that's something that you have to decide for yourself. If it were me, I'd want the commission in the Marine Corps more than anything else - and would go Marine Ground if necessary. Being a tanker would be pretty cool I think.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
What was said about there not being very many aviation slots, if any, is correct. Great time application wise if you have a law degree, though.

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
^^^ Well, I guess that makes sense. We can start suing the bastards instead of bombing them. As an older, wiser man has been known to say, "I weep..."

skiptomahlouie

Yeah I too got my PRK done this last june. I finally got all my paperwork done for the medical documents and just had my 3 month check-up. I came in today and my OSO told me the bad news. I still might try NFO. He gave me his buddy's number who's also an NFO so I could get more information about the life of an NFO. I might just apply to graduate school and try my luck next year though.

Yankee Uniform Tango
Wow, the gouge/rumors could be wrong, it is just so.......shocking.

How is it wrong? :confused: At this moment, there will be no SNA spots for OCC-203 (January '10) and OCC-204 (June '10), meaning no new SNA spots till OCC-205 (October '10).

There's a huge thread on MarineOCS now that further confirms all of this. Supposedly PLC-ers are unaffected, however.

Clux4

Banned
How is it wrong? :confused: At this moment, there will be no SNA spots for OCC-203 (January '10) and OCC-204 (June '10), meaning no new SNA spots till OCC-205 (October '10).

There's a huge thread on MarineOCS now that further confirms all of this. Supposedly PLC-ers are unaffected, however.

If I were those guys, I would be very worried.

Ventilee

pilot
Contributor
If I were those guys, I would be very worried.

Don't you say that...don't you ever say that.

I am applying for PLC Juniors right now and my OSO has not mentioned anything of this nature. As far as I know, Air Contracts are still available for people applying for PLC.

I was going to speculate on what might be happening, but then I realized that I have no clue what I am talking about.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Fix the title. No more OCC-AIR for a year. OCC accounts for only a third, more or less, of officer accessions, and it's the easiest tap to shut or slow when the pipe gets full because they have the least invested in you. Sorry you're not getting a shot, but that's the way it is.