• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No more SNA spots till Oct 2010?!

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Now this is speculation: I've heard for sometime that flight contracts may start becoming competitive like every other MOS at TBS and the way this backup is going I can actually see that happening maybe for a few fiscal quarters.

They've been competitive at TBS for quite sometime home-slice.

jtmedli

pilot
Now this is speculation: I've heard for sometime that flight contracts may start becoming competitive like every other MOS at TBS and the way this backup is going I can actually see that happening maybe for a few fiscal quarters.

This is already happening on a limited basis at TBS and has been for some time. Something in my magic 8-ball says 'highly unlikely' with regards to doing away with air contracts completely.

pharaelga

Constantly lost in the sauce....
Not completey but like I said for a few fiscal quarters, which is happening right now anyway, but hey it's a midshipman's speculation lol... I dont claim to be a messiah of knowledge even with my (USNA creditentials lmao) but I do have a little perspective on it, speaking to enough Marine officers and being a prior (7+ plus years in uniform has to count for something). Anyway, all the Senior Marine at the Naval Academy does is deal with Marine programs and Marine Officer accessions so I would definately take stake in what he says. Look I know I'm coming off as an arrogant prick lol which is mostly true, btw BeerMe's post are hilarious, but my information in the original post is sound and if anyone has any access to somebody in manpower to confirm this they will see that it is correct.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Not just another asshole from the boat school, but one who can't stop tripping over himself telling everyone how much he knows since he's a Boat School guy AND a Prior. Fucking awesome.

This one will go far.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Not completey but like I said for a few fiscal quarters, which is happening right now anyway, but hey it's a midshipman's speculation lol... I dont claim to be a messiah of knowledge even with my (USNA creditentials lmao) but I do have a little perspective on it, speaking to enough Marine officers and being a prior (7+ plus years in uniform has to count for something). Anyway, all the Senior Marine at the Naval Academy does is deal with Marine programs and Marine Officer accessions so I would definately take stake in what he says. Look I know I'm coming off as an arrogant prick lol which is mostly true, btw BeerMe's post are hilarious, but my information in the original post is sound and if anyone has any access to somebody in manpower to confirm this they will see that it is correct.

Seriously, just stop with the boat school crap. You are on your way to being "that guy". I have met some good officers from the academy and some utter douchebags who thought that their time at boat school somehow transformed them into something special. Don't be that guy.

pharaelga

Gentlemen, with all due respect, if you are going to attack me call me out on where I am wrong. The rest is just me being an ass. I even stated I did that to get OCS guys riled well: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. I'm also confined to a room 5 days a week can't leave, force to eat the same food everyday... etc, etc if that makes me somehow better than the next guy (it doesnt of course) so be it. This got blown WAY outta proportion..... I didnt think you guys would really take the USNA comments (most of which were very sarcastic) to heart.... we are on the same team...I sincerely apologize.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Gentlemen, with all due respect, if you are going to attack me call me out on where I am wrong. The rest is just me being an ass. I even stated I did that to get OCS guys riled well: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. I'm also confined to a room 5 days a week can't leave, force to eat the same food everyday... etc, etc if that makes me somehow better than the next guy (it doesnt of course) so be it. This got blown WAY outta proportion..... I didnt think you guys would really take the USNA comments (most of which were very sarcastic) to heart.... we are on the same team...I sincerely apologize.

No offense taken. I was just offering some unsolicited advice. The guys who get a big head about going to the academy give a bad name to plenty of others who don't deserve it. Just don't be that guy.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

No harm no foul. Just be wise as to what you're posting on here. There's good gouge, and there's bad gouge (and then there's my gouge...which usually is patently false AND sarcastic). Live by it and die by it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I always feel a little guilty reading this post because I know the reason why there are no SNA spots until Oct 2010. Yes a lowly Midn 1/C. As it was explained to us ....some General in HQMC probably a USNA grad.... gave all the slots for this fiscal year to USNA..... so the source is very credible.

.....but hey it's a midshipman's speculation lol... I dont claim to be a messiah of knowledge even with my (USNA creditentials lmao) but I do have a little perspective on it, speaking to enough Marine officers and being a prior (7+ plus years in uniform has to count for something).....but my information in the original post is sound and if anyone has any access to somebody in manpower to confirm this they will see that it is correct.

.... what I said was accurate as it was relayed to me.... Now here's the rest of it, the class 2011 USNA will most likely get boned ....Now this is speculation....

Whoa, a middie with the gouge straight from HQMC....gotta put stock in what you say. On the other hand, maybe you ought to just put a sock in it.

pharaelga

Can we have a healthy discussion without the rank? The reason was stated to us why there are no contracts being handed out until October, I read this post and answered why, but I'm a Midshipman therefore my vote don't count. LOL I can take that, I mean I know how this works, PFC shutup aye Corporal.... PFC why didnt you tell me this was fucked up, well Corporal you wanted me to shut up....

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can we have a healthy discussion without the rank? The reason was stated to us why there are no contracts being handed out until October, I read this post and answered why, but I'm a Midshipman therefore my vote don't count. LOL I can take that, I mean I know how this works, PFC shutup aye Corporal.... PFC why didnt you tell me this was fucked up, well Corporal you wanted me to shut up....

Sooner or later, hopefully sooner, you will realize that a lot of the 'gouge', inside info and knowledges that you suck up like a sponge is nothing more than rumor, innuendo or misconstrued truths. As you get along in your career hopefully you will be able to parse a little better what is BS and what is not and when to share it and when not too.

We are not saying that you are talking out of your ass or that the Marine you heard this from is but the likelihood of that being that case as unlikely as you may think. Why? Maybe your briefer was telling only some of the truth, it would certainly give you all an ego boost (it did you). Maybe he was told a story, or maybe he has no idea what he is talking about. What is also possible, maybe more so, is that you heard him wrong. Maybe it was more a probability than a fact and the distinction was lost on you. Or, maybe you are just talking out of your ass.

To assume a middie would know better than everyone else here is a bit improbable, but certainly not impossible (there are no HQMC personnel people here that I am aware of). Then again, there is the whole 'beware of strangers bearing gifts' thing. Simply put, you have no credibility here so there is good reason your declarative statements are being greeted warily.

And you don't need to point out a again that you are only a middie, and a prior, who just happens to be passing on good gouge, who got it from a reputable source. We got it.

usmcgirlhopeful

So is anyone out there reading this thread going to wait for October and try for an air contract? I believe it will be OCC 205. I know its early but I am. Trying to study for the ASTB and work on my PT as much as I can because I feel like getting an air contract is going to be no joke. Is there any benefits to getting my package together early like in a couple of months? I know it will be forever until October gets here but with everyone talking about it I can?t help but think about it.
Thanks

jtmedli

pilot
So is anyone out there reading this thread going to wait for October and try for an air contract? I believe it will be OCC 205. I know its early but I am. Trying to study for the ASTB and work on my PT as much as I can because I feel like getting an air contract is going to be no joke. Is there any benefits to getting my package together early like in a couple of months? I know it will be forever until October gets here but with everyone talking about it I can?t help but think about it.
Thanks

Try to get everything done as soon as possible. You never really know what may happen with this Summer (they may take some air contracts) and October isn't that far away in the grand scheme of things (flight physical, app, PT, and whatnot).

yarles87

Thanks

Count me in on that. I complete OCS (PLC-C) with an NFO contract, but will be taking the ASTB again to switch to SNA. I graduate December 2010 so that squeezes me nicely in to the October time frame.

Will having already graduated OCS help or hinder my ability to switch contracts?

jtmedli

pilot
Count me in on that. I complete OCS (PLC-C) with an NFO contract, but will be taking the ASTB again to switch to SNA. I graduate December 2010 so that squeezes me nicely in to the October time frame.

Will having already graduated OCS help or hinder my ability to switch contracts?

I don't really know anything for sure, but if you are Physically Qualified and make the appropriate scores, then you should be able to switch.