• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No more SNA spots till Oct 2010?!

loydma3

guys, I wish I was making this stuff up. I am working with the OSO in Raleigh, NC as an Air Contract for 203. Well we can scratch that off the list, this info came STRAIGHT from the Captains mouth. If you doubt it, call and OSO.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Words can not express the mix of joy and sadness I'm feeling right now.

loydma3

Just got off the phone with my OSO to inform them I would rather wait until 204 with the air contract. The word they received was there will be no air contracts for 203 or 204.

sanders

I don't get it. If they just doubled the number of Marines beginning API each week, why would they also need to stop handing out air contracts? I know the pipeline is backed up but this seems like overkill.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I don't get it. If they just doubled the number of Marines beginning API each week, why would they also need to stop handing out air contracts? I know the pipeline is backed up but this seems like overkill.

I doubt that the two were coordinated. The doubling thing happens when the Marine pool gets unbelievable massive, and is temporary. They did it for five weeks back in February, too. I get the feeling like the number of contracts going in is decided at a much higher level than the numbers starting API in any given week.

FWIW, all this changes tomorrow because I heard they're cancelling the Osprey.

Yankee Uniform Tango
This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

I'm not sure who you were referring to, but I didn't just make this thing up for shits and giggles. This is what me and some others I know were told by my OSO (and looks like some others), and it's affecting my everyday life. I've already put well over 15 months of my life on hold for the Marine Corps, had to "un-quit" my job twice, re-sign my lease, etc. etc. etc. and looks like I will have to keep doing so for another year, unless something changes before that. I'll keep on pushing through, but none of this is funny to me.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I've already put well over 15 months of my life on hold for the Marine Corps, had to "un-quit" my job twice, re-sign my lease, etc. etc. etc. and looks like I will have to keep doing so for another year, unless something changes before that.

Welcome to the service. Get used to jumping through your ass, only to wait on some nameless/faceless "man" to push along some "paper" and "get the ball rolling on xyz." I may be moving to Hawaii...in less than 2-3 months. But I don't know yet because no one will tell me, because CAT-1 nubs from the RAG are not high on the list of priorities and no one has cut our orders yet. Oh by the way my wife might have to quit a pretty cush job and pack up and move with me, but we don't know yet. Shit happens.

I'm making light of the hysterics. I could probably have posted that the some guy knows someone who heard that the Marines were getting rolled into the Army and AF and someone would blubber "i knew it! My OSO told me today that my OCS class got rolled back and this must be why and I'm never gonna get to be a devil dog second louie and wear a leather jacket and bone kelly mcgillis nowwwwww while screaming oorah!" Deal with it.

hst

Well, I don't really see this as too tragic...There are worse things in life than waiting another few months for your dream job. Many people spend their entire lives trying to get the job they want.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
It's well worth the wait.

Except that 15% are going to get hurt at OCS and have to wait even, even longer. I would normally make a joke about some other service hiring right now, but that wouldn't even be true. Perhaps NOAA? Still have to do a tour as a surface officer before you can fly their crazy ass WP-3 mission.

Yankee Uniform Tango
Welcome to the service.

There are worse things in life than waiting another few months for your dream job

Gents, I fully understand all of that. The point is that since my OCS date keeps getting pushed back every few months, I no longer even have a guarantee at getting a shot at my dream job. October 2010 I'm going to be 4 months away from being 27.5, and it's not going to leave room for any further delays. I'll keep coloring till then, but I'm going to be losing sleep over this till I have my OCC orders in my hands.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Gents, I fully understand all of that. The point is that since my OCS date keeps getting pushed back every few months, I no longer even have a guarantee at getting a shot at my dream job. October 2010 I'm going to be 4 months away from being 27.5, and it's not going to leave room for any further delays. I'll keep coloring till then, but I'm going to be losing sleep over this till I have my OCC orders in my hands.

Nothing anyone on here can do about that. Blame the economy. Or start the paperwork for an age waiver. Good luck.

Edit: And by the way, I heard today that the F-35 is only suppose to be a manned aircraft until 2025. They're going to start the transition to a UA/F (Unmanned Attack/Fighter) after that. Just swap the pilot out for a big ass computer.

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
It's not really even a big-assed computer. The pod only takes up about 25% of the cockpit tub once the seat and panel are removed.