• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New "Supe" setting new policies

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
It's been said that armies travel on their stomachs. Let’s hope the same is not true for brigades of midshipmen.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/annearundel/bal-te.ar.food27aug27,0,104877.story

Whiny MIDN said:
My vagina hurts.

Those f'ing whiny bastards. Their lives are 100 times better than 75% of the enlisted Sailors that will be in their divisions when they get to the Fleet.

Enlisted Sailors on CV(N)'s routinely have to wait 2 hours to get chow, and that is often in addition to their 12 hour shift.

Enlisted life sucks and Sailors are treated like sh!t and it is our responsibility as officers to do everything we can to take care of them because they willing contracted their lives to Uncle Sam.

I don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for the Brigade of Whiners.

phrogpilot73

Those f'ing whiny bastards. Their lives are 100 times better than 75% of the enlisted Sailors that will be in their divisions when they get to the Fleet.

Enlisted Sailors on CV(N)'s routinely have to wait 2 hours to get chow, and that is often in addition to their 12 hour shift.

Enlisted life sucks and Sailors are treated like sh!t and it is our responsibility as officers to do everything we can to take care of them because they willing contracted their lives to Uncle Sam.

I don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for the Brigade of Whiners.
I agree that they are tending to whine... However - I think it is telling that the new Supe introduced sweeping changes, without ensuring that the necessary logistics were in place...

Based on that article (and I have no love lost for the Baltimore Sun) and our discussions with the mids we sponsor - I think that there is not much foresight on the administration's part. They were not complaining so much about the quality, but the quantity. That is never an issue for officers or enlisted aboard a ship, only that the Sailors have to wait in line.

Plus, Chimichangas no longer exist there. Now that's just criminal.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
They aren't on a carrier. There is no operational requirement for them to go hungry. The issue isn't that they have to wait to get food; it's that they aren't getting enough. I whole heartedly agree it is our job to take care of our enlisted. Guess what though, the academy has hardly any enlisted and the ones they do have are mostly senior enlisted that can take care of themselves (and are allowed to take care of themselves). The officers at the academy are there to train and, guess what, take care of the mids. If they want to keep them locked away a little more than usual, too bad for the mids, but there's nothing wrong with that. They should have their shit together enough to handle the logistics of making sure they eat though. Why should an officer be excused of his duties to his subordinates because they are at a college and not on a ship? Our job doesn’t stop at the pier.

phrogpilot73

They aren't on a carrier. There is no operational requirement for them to go hungry. The issue isn't that they have to wait to get food; it's that they aren't getting enough. I whole heartedly agree it is our job to take care of our enlisted. Guess what though, the academy has hardly any enlisted and the ones they do have are mostly senior enlisted that can take care of themselves (and are allowed to take care of themselves). The officers at the academy are there to train and, guess what, take care of the mids. If they want to keep them locked away a little more than usual, too bad for the mids, but there's nothing wrong with that. They should have their shit together enough to handle the logistics of making sure they eat though. Why should an officer be excused of his duties to his subordinates because they are at a college and not on a ship? Our job doesn’t stop at the pier.
I agree wholeheartedly... And also resonates with the truth that I have noticed in the fleet. Senior officers seem to "forget" that junior officers are their responsibility as well as the enlisted. I got fucking tired of not being able to get career advice from CO/XO, because they felt that only the enlisted needed to be "developed." Another indicator that they only cared about their own careers...

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor

Look at the source. We have some whiny Mids quoted by the Baltimore Sun. I didn't see the Supe quoted. You think a 3 star admiral, former Commander Submarines, Allied Naval Forces South; Commander, Submarine Group 8; and Commander, Task Forces 164/69, with an MBA and a Master's in Public Admin from Harvard, just "forgot" about the logistics? Although the changes were just announced, I am sure he had been planning them for quite awhile.

So, in one week a couple things didn't go to smoothly, boo hoo, the poor MIDN are being oppressed by the mean new Supe.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Based on that article (and I have no love lost for the Baltimore Sun) and our discussions with the mids we sponsor - I think that there is not much foresight on the administration's part. They were not complaining so much about the quality, but the quantity. That is never an issue for officers or enlisted aboard a ship, only that the Sailors have to wait in line.

The observations of the Sun and a couple MIDN, all of whom would have a hard time of handling the logistics of feeding 100 people are not qualified sources to judge the effectiveness of feeding 4400 people 15 meals a week.

Remember there were some problems at the beginning of the week, the first week, and they are fixed/getting better by the end of the week. One week, to get the bugs out.

Had their been no preplanning or foresight, it would have been much worse.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Look at the source. We have some whiny Mids quoted by the Baltimore Sun. I didn't see the Supe quoted. You think a 3 star admiral, former Commander Submarines, Allied Naval Forces South; Commander, Submarine Group 8; and Commander, Task Forces 164/69, with an MBA and a Master's in Public Admin from Harvard, just "forgot" about the logistics? Although the changes were just announced, I am sure he had been planning them for quite awhile.

So, in one week a couple things didn't go to smoothly, boo hoo, the poor MIDN are being oppressed by the mean new Supe.

That would not suprise me at all........Especially from someone of his rank. Just because he has that level of experience does nto mean he is immune from collasal screw ups, especially when such things are generally taken care of by SuppO's and not line officers.

You are lucky you don't have more experience with flags.........stay away, very far away........;)

phrogpilot73

The mean new Supe, who also publicly badmouthed his predecessor. And said that he "came from the fleet" after being at EUCOM and a Recruiting Command. I'm not impressed. Just because he schmoozed the right people and kissed the right ass, and punched the right ticket doesn't mean he's the combat proven leader he's trying to make himself out to be.

Leadership ensures that you take care of the personnel under your command REGARDLESS of rank. Did you ever look at your sailors and say boohoo whiny sailor? Nope. Again, his leadership is not impressing me...

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
No you didn't see the Supe quoted, but I'm pretty sure the dant had plenty to say and seemed to feel pretty comfortable speaking for the administration as a whole. Plans don't put food in mouths, and its been closer to 3 weeks.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
That would not suprise me at all........Especially from someone of his rank. Just because he has that level of experience does nto mean he is immune from collasal screw ups, especially when such things are generally taken care of by SuppO's and not line officers.

I am not saying he is immune from screwing up. However, I don't see any real evidence of a screw up. The only "evidence" we have comes from some MIDN, and in this current situation I wouldn't call them unbiased or qualified.