• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Program Authorization (URLO ISPP)

Jacksa71

Did any of you guys have issue with medical about the 2807-1 and 2807-2? They want to use the -1 but the checklist says the -2? Also won’t be about to submit until May due to optometry hold. Not sure if I’ll make this quarter board.

BDavis11

Contributor
Did any of you guys have issue with medical about the 2807-1 and 2807-2? They want to use the -1 but the checklist says the -2? Also won’t be about to submit until May due to optometry hold. Not sure if I’ll make this quarter board.
No issues. Im just hoping my stuff wont be out of date.

Shheen

Don’t need the 2807-2 anymore. That is directly from Paul Celestine. If you want his email for guidance shoot me your email in a PM

Jacksa71

Don’t need the 2807-2 anymore. That is directly from Paul Celestine. If you want his email for guidance shoot me your email in a PM
I got it. Just confirming because the checklist says -2. Also, those that ready submitted, please post your results on selection or not. That way we can’t tell how good this opportunity is.

Jacksa71

Question for you guys. Did you guys request the Flag Officer after the entire package (medical included) was complete, or did you complete the main potion of the package while working on medical? I am on hold for medical (slit lamp portion) due to having LASIK for another month, and it will probably take 3-7 weeks to get the Flag officer endorsement since I have to send it to a Vice Admiral. I am already on edge because of the whole medical situation. I live 2 hours away from the nearest SNA/NFO capable medical clinic and have been getting screwed every time I drive over for the last four months. I finally have everything done and am qualified thus far and just waiting on the slit lamp exam. I am not sure whether or not to try to convince my CO to get an early request or pray everything gets done quickly to meet the August board deadline. What do you guys think?

BDavis11

Contributor
Question for you guys. Did you guys request the Flag Officer after the entire package (medical included) was complete, or did you complete the main potion of the package while working on medical? I am on hold for medical (slit lamp portion) due to having LASIK for another month, and it will probably take 3-7 weeks to get the Flag officer endorsement since I have to send it to a Vice Admiral. I am already on edge because of the whole medical situation. I live 2 hours away from the nearest SNA/NFO capable medical clinic and have been getting screwed every time I drive over for the last four months. I finally have everything done and am qualified thus far and just waiting on the slit lamp exam. I am not sure whether or not to try to convince my CO to get an early request or pray everything gets done quickly to meet the August board deadline. What do you guys think?
Hey man the medical portion irritates me. They always ask me my timeline and I say how soon it is and they still have no rush about it. I am also awaiting the optical exam and my dental dropped dead on Friday so now the earliest I can get in is the end of the month smh. They won't even do the actual physical until I finish optical and the dental exam. Then I heard it takes about two months to get the qualifies letter. I was trying to have everything good to go this month for May but clearly that isn't happening. So, I will be in August right there with ya. I think the complete package along with medical has to go to the flag officer. The instruction says the Flag O forwards it to processing. But If they will endorse it without medical then I would go that route so that is one less thing you have to wait for.

Jacksa71

Hey man the medical portion irritates me. They always ask me my timeline and I say how soon it is and they still have no rush about it. I am also awaiting the optical exam and my dental dropped dead on Friday so now the earliest I can get in is the end of the month smh. They won't even do the actual physical until I finish optical and the dental exam. Then I heard it takes about two months to get the qualifies letter. I was trying to have everything good to go this month for May but clearly that isn't happening. So, I will be in August right there with ya. I think the complete package along with medical has to go to the flag officer. The instruction says the Flag O forwards it to processing. But If they will endorse it without medical then I would go that route so that is one less thing you have to wait for.
Yeah, medical been my biggest head hurter and now finding out the difficulty of getting to my Flag Officer, have to go through four commands then him.

What do you mean qualify letters? I thought the doc signs all the paperwork and we send that paperwork to CNRC with the application. Do you need the qualify letters for the package before submitting?

Shheen

What’s up fellas, i finished and submitted my package already and here’s what I was told/did. My CoC did not want my medical information in the routing process due to the possibility of too much shared PII. As for the Flag Officer endorsement and forwarding, I received a letter of endorsement and sent the package and endorsement to Paul Celestine myself and he had no issues with it. However, this may differ from Admiral to Admiral.

Shheen

Yeah, medical been my biggest head hurter and now finding out the difficulty of getting to my Flag Officer, have to go through four commands then him.

What do you mean qualify letters? I thought the doc signs all the paperwork and we send that paperwork to CNRC with the application. Do you need the qualify letters for the package before submitting?
My guess is he’s talking about any medical issues that would require a NAMI wavier. For example, I needed one for ADHD as a kid, took about 3 months to get my letter of approval back which was submitted with my medical package. If you do not have anything like this, when you submit they will scan through your medical package and send you a letter of acceptance that you package is good for the board

exNavyOffRec

When you entire application arrives at CNRC the medical is reviewed by N3M and a PQ letter is issued, unless something is wrong this will be behind the scenes and you don't need to worry.

Jacksa71

What’s up fellas, i finished and submitted my package already and here’s what I was told/did. My CoC did not want my medical information in the routing process due to the possibility of too much shared PII. As for the Flag Officer endorsement and forwarding, I received a letter of endorsement and sent the package and endorsement to Paul Celestine myself and he had no issues with it. However, this may differ from Admiral to Admiral.
Thanks, I just got word I’ll be submitting for the January board at my next command. Very disappointed but nothing I can do. Good luck to you all