• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Program Authorization (URLO ISPP)

Antman411

OCS Applicant
Any Airedale types that are submitting? I asked Mr. Celestin about the “first flag officer” endorsement and asked if the Commodore of our Wing would count, since I am attached to a squadron. He said that should be fine. Is that the case if the Commodore is an O6? I asked one of our admin Chiefs and she said “does a captain fly a flag? There’s your answer”

So now I’m questioning if I didn’t specify to Mr. Celestin that a commodore is typically an O6.

Any Airedale types that are submitting? I asked Mr. Celestin about the “first flag officer” endorsement and asked if the Commodore of our Wing would count, since I am attached to a squadron. He said that should be fine. Is that the case if the Commodore is an O6? I asked one of our admin Chiefs and she said “does a captain fly a flag? There’s your answer”

So now I’m questioning if I didn’t specify to Mr. Celestin that a commodore is typically an O6.
It should be the Admiral of your CAG.

What if you’re not in a CAG because it’s an FRS? Pretty sure our first flag officer is at TYCOM which is a 3 star
I would ask your Divo,admin o, or your xo. One of them is bound to know who the first flag officer is. If it's the 3 star I'm sure they could find an O-7 if needed.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
What if you’re not in a CAG because it’s an FRS? Pretty sure our first flag officer is at TYCOM which is a 3 star
Correct. First flag for east coast commands under a CDRE is CNAL (2-star) and for west coast is CNAP/F (3-star), except maybe those MPRA weirdos.

BDavis11

Contributor

I tried to respond to you a while ago but I typically only check this site from work and I can access the site but its banned from letting me log in. Any who I am wrapping up my app to submit by the 24th. I am at a squadron and tried to get an Appraisal from our commodore until I found out he is the first flag officer. So simple answer is yes. Your commodore should be the first flag officer after the CO.

BDavis11

Contributor
What do y'all think about starting a spreadsheet for informative purposed for other AD interested applicants? I think this could be helpful for future sailors and will be easier to maintain since essentially it would be one spreadsheet and not keep doing it for every quarter like the regular boards.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
What do y'all think about starting a spreadsheet for informative purposed for other AD interested applicants? I think this could be helpful for future sailors and will be easier to maintain since essentially it would be one spreadsheet and not keep doing it for every quarter like the regular boards.
But like… why? If applicants meet the requirements plus a first flag endorsement… they’re in.