• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Program Authorization (URLO ISPP)

The URLO ISPP was formally announced VIA NAVADMIN on 14 January.

Key details / FAQs:

1. Applicants must meet BOTH URLO ISPP and community-specific requirements. So for aviation you must meet URLO ISPP AND aviation program authorization requirements (age, ASTB scores, etc.). No program specific waivers unfortunately.
2. Procedures to apply are the same as any other Fleet OCS package. Only difference is packages are forwarded to the First Flag Officer for endorsement and then it goes to CNRC.
3. Big part of URLO ISPP is to "fast track" enlisted candidates and to waive the 3 year TIS requirements in line with the OPNAVINST 1420.1B.
4. As of this time, only URL designators (SWO, Aviation, SEAL, EOD, Nuke) are open to apply.
5. This is a 2 year pilot... it'll be assessed and either continued, modified or sunset at the end of the pilot period.

Good luck!
Hi, Is it in the instruction where medical waivers are ok for this program? Or something to clarify that on paper?

Jacksa71

For informational purposes only. You can only submit one application, either “proboard” or “ISPP”. I have been talking with a LCDR at NRC about the PA and he said that he can’t give out any information about applications numbers etc. however, he did say that he has not seen a non-selection yet. Just wanted to share the information with everyone pursing this route.

JarvisA91

For informational purposes only. You can only submit one application, either “proboard” or “ISPP”. I have been talking with a LCDR at NRC about the PA and he said that he can’t give out any information about applications numbers etc. however, he did say that he has not seen a non-selection yet. Just wanted to share the information with everyone pursing this route.
Good afternoon brother,
Thank you for sharing the information about the new ISPP program, I'm currently pursing this route. By any chance do you know when is the board for ISPP selection? I did contact Paul Celestin and he just said to submit the package when it is ready. I just need to know if the ISPP selection is every quarter ( which mean in March) or is it aligned with the ProRec Board schedule (which is in May for Aviation)?

I hope someone know the answer!!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good afternoon brother,
Thank you for sharing the information about the new ISPP program, I'm currently pursing this route. By any chance do you know when is the board for ISPP selection? I did contact Paul Celestin and he just said to submit the package when it is ready. I just need to know if the ISPP selection is every quarter ( which mean in March) or is it aligned with the ProRec Board schedule (which is in May for Aviation)?

I hope someone know the answer!!

The NAVADMIN and PA both tell you that URLO ISPP is in line with the respective pro rec board.

JarvisA91

The NAVADMIN and PA both tell you that URLO ISPP is in line with the respective pro rec board.
Thank you for the fast reply,

This mean it will follow the same application due dates as the ProRec board, When you send the package to the board do you need to clarify that the package is going to the URLO ISSP route not the ProRec board since the check list for both program is similar except no waiver and flag endorsment? also, the result of the selection will be released in the same list as the ProRec board file or it will be in different list?

I know I have a lot of question, and thank you for your help and time.

Jacksa71

Thank you for the fast reply,

This mean it will follow the same application due dates as the ProRec board, When you send the package to the board do you need to clarify that the package is going to the URLO ISSP route not the ProRec board since the check list for both program is similar except no waiver and flag endorsment? also, the result of the selection will be released in the same list as the ProRec board file or it will be in different list?

I know I have a lot of question, and thank you for your help and time.
I don’t think it does because people are already getting selected without a proboard in the last quarter.

Jacksa71

I applied to this as soon as I saw it was available. I had everything ready because I had coincidentally just finished my full OCS package for Naval Aviator the week prior. I got word that I was accepted and will be in one of the first FY23 classes.
Question, did the flag officer toward the application or did he give it for you to send it off? I know what the PA says but I also seen some shit too.

Shheen

Question, did the flag officer toward the application or did he give it for you to send it off? I know what the PA says but I also seen some shit too.
Whats up man, I just submitted my ISPP to NRC. I talked with Paul Celestin and his guidance was to send the package as normal provided you have endorsement from the first Flag Officer. I have an LOR already but Flag Admin drafted an additional endorsement letter that I forwarded to them along with my package.

Shheen

I applied to this as soon as I saw it was available. I had everything ready because I had coincidentally just finished my full OCS package for Naval Aviator the week prior. I got word that I was accepted and will be in one of the first FY23 classes.
That's good to hear, I had already submitted for the May2022 board when this program was released. I routed the packaged again through the Chain and got the go ahead to send off last week for ISPP. How long did it take for you to receive a response? Hopefully I get word back as quickly as you did. Congrats.

BDavis11

Contributor
That's good to hear, I had already submitted for the May2022 board when this program was released. I routed the packaged again through the Chain and got the go ahead to send off last week for ISPP. How long did it take for you to receive a response? Hopefully I get word back as quickly as you did. Congrats.
When you sent it to Paul did you specify it was for ISPP?

Shheen

When you sent it to Paul did you specify it was for ISPP?
I did however, I called him first and his directions were to include it on the first page of the 1420.1 application 3. Desired Community "ISPP (1310 PILOT)." I just received word from him that my package was under review.