• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Program Authorization (URLO ISPP)

sgvasquez

Just wondering if any of active duty personnel applying for this new PA? I was interested to apply for SWO last year, however, the age limit and year of service was change, and requesting for more than 1 waiver is less likely to get selected.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
The URLO ISPP was formally announced VIA NAVADMIN on 14 January.

Key details / FAQs:

1. Applicants must meet BOTH URLO ISPP and community-specific requirements. So for aviation you must meet URLO ISPP AND aviation program authorization requirements (age, ASTB scores, etc.). No program specific waivers unfortunately.
2. Procedures to apply are the same as any other Fleet OCS package. Only difference is packages are forwarded to the First Flag Officer for endorsement and then it goes to CNRC.
3. Big part of URLO ISPP is to "fast track" enlisted candidates and to waive the 3 year TIS requirements in line with the OPNAVINST 1420.1B.
4. As of this time, only URL designators (SWO, Aviation, SEAL, EOD, Nuke) are open to apply.
5. This is a 2 year pilot... it'll be assessed and either continued, modified or sunset at the end of the pilot period.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Jacksa71

I’ll be applying for this program. Talked with my OIC about it and everything. He reminded me that the Air Boss is my flag officer soooo….. hopefully I get accepted.

JamesW

AWR1, Selected for SNA FY23
The URLO ISPP was formally announced VIA NAVADMIN on 14 January.

Key details / FAQs:

1. Applicants must meet BOTH URLO ISPP and community-specific requirements. So for aviation you must meet URLO ISPP AND aviation program authorization requirements (age, ASTB scores, etc.). No waivers unfortunately.
2. Procedures to apply are the same as any other Fleet OCS package. Only difference is packages are forwarded to the First Flag Officer for endorsement and then it goes to CNRC.
3. Big part of URLO ISPP is to "fast track" enlisted candidates and to waive the 3 year TIS requirements in line with the OPNAVINST 1420.1B.
4. As of this time, only URL designators (SWO, Aviation, SEAL, EOD, Nuke) are open to apply.
5. This is a 2 year pilot... it'll be assessed and either continued, modified or sunset at the end of the pilot period.

Good luck!
Hi there, I'm an AWR1 in the Navy currently. I'm assuming that a LASIK flight waiver would be a no-go for this program? I was looking at the Officer Programs application and page 8 said "Address any waiver requests, for example age, education, Time in Service, Time in Grade, requirements, etc. (If applicable)" so I wasn't sure if it was more about those kinds of waivers. It sucks because I've been flying (as an Aircrewman) with a LASIK waiver for 7 years.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Hi there, I'm an AWR1 in the Navy currently. I'm assuming that a LASIK flight waiver would be a no-go for this program? I was looking at the Officer Programs application and page 8 said "Address any waiver requests, for example age, education, Time in Service, Time in Grade, requirements, etc. (If applicable)" so I wasn't sure if it was more about those kinds of waivers. It sucks because I've been flying (as an Aircrewman) with a LASIK waiver for 7 years.
I should have clarified. Non-medical waivers. You should be fine to apply presuming you are PQ for SNA/SNFO (whichever one you're applying for).

JamesW

AWR1, Selected for SNA FY23
I should have clarified. Non-medical waivers. You should be fine to apply presuming you are PQ for SNA/SNFO (whichever one you're applying for).
Great! This seems like a better option than the typical OCS route. If your CO and an Admiral recommend you then that probably will be favorable for the board.

I pulled this blurb from the PA they released: "f. Given the demonstrated propensity to serve, successful completion of an undergraduate degree and a Navy enlisted training pipeline, as well as CO and first Flag Officer backing, URLO ISPP selection panels shall normally select all qualified candidates, giving them priority over other applicants seeking a commission via the URL PROREC process."

For anyone that hasn't read them here's the NAVADMIN and Program Authorization 100F they released

JoeBob1788

I’ll be applying for this program. Talked with my OIC about it and everything. He reminded me that the Air Boss is my flag officer soooo….. hopefully I get accepted.
I know him a little from CSG2 and got an LOR from him for my application. He’s the coolest, nicest guy, very helpful and real warfighter, and was the best admiral I’ve served under. He really showed what a difference the big boss can make on deployment, he made the GHWB strike group a better place to work.

Jacksa71

I know him a little from CSG2 and got an LOR from him for my application. He’s the coolest, nicest guy, very helpful and real warfighter, and was the best admiral I’ve served under. He really showed what a difference the big boss can make on deployment, he made the GHWB strike group a better place to work.
Awesome, hopefully he endorses me for this program. It could get me a SNA spot.

danielsyresjr27

I applied to this as soon as I saw it was available. I had everything ready because I had coincidentally just finished my full OCS package for Naval Aviator the week prior. I got word that I was accepted and will be in one of the first FY23 classes.
That seems pretty far out for a "fast track" program. Is this the typical wait to class up after being selected?

br0tein

That seems pretty far out for a "fast track" program. Is this the typical wait to class up after being selected?
Considering that the program authorization is new, I believe they are currently just aligning it with the normal pro boards for selection as well seats for OCS. They just have different quotas. Since all boards from here on out according to the pro board schedule are selecting for FY23, it seems only natural that this would be the case for URLO ISPP as well.

Additionally, that means that I’ll go to OCS is July which is only 5 months away then graduate OCS in FY23 which is October.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I applied to this as soon as I saw it was available. I had everything ready because I had coincidentally just finished my full OCS package for Naval Aviator the week prior. I got word that I was accepted and will be in one of the first FY23 classes.

That was quick, congrats!