• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May 2010 Boards

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Hello everyone,

I'll also be submitting my package for the May board:

SNA (only, although I'm not sure if this will "look bad" in the eyes of the board...)
M/24
7/7/9 60 ASTB
3.50 GPA, Economics, University of Navarra (Spain)
Fluent in English, Spanish and French; Basic German.
Community Service/Volunteer in Spain, Mexico City and Germany.

LOR's:
Army O-5
Navy O-5 (CEO of Lockheed Martin Spain)
Marine Corps Chaplain
Naval Postgraduate School Vice President and Dean of Research
3 previous employers
Lufthansa Pilot

Does anyone know when the Physical Fitness Test (situps, pushups and 1.5M run) has to be done? My OR said I need to do it before I submit the package but I've read some of you say that you do it after being pro rec'd.

I wish you all the best of luck!
Joe

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Does anyone know when the Physical Fitness Test (situps, pushups and 1.5M run) has to be done? My OR said I need to do it before I submit the package but I've read some of you say that you do it after being pro rec'd.

Some do it before your package it submitted, but it's only required for the Final Select. And you'll do another before you go to OCS, usually. Good luck.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor

Depends on your OR. If he says he wants it done now then you will have to do it. If he said to wait then you would wait.

nba1290

Ok boys just went down to process my info today. Gave some fingerprints, measurements, saw the cheesiest video imaginable for OCS, and signed a bunch of stuff to be sent away. I'm officially in for May boards, now all there is to do is sit and wait, and pray. Speaking of, about how long would the turnaround be on these applications if the deadline for gettin em in is on the 25th.

Ok boys just went down to process my info today. Gave some fingerprints, measurements, saw the cheesiest video imaginable for OCS, and signed a bunch of stuff to be sent away. I'm officially in for May boards, now all there is to do is sit and wait, and pray. Speaking of, about how long would the turnaround be on these applications if the deadline for gettin em in is on the 25th.
I received word late in March for the March boards. Actually, I found out a day later than I should have because my OR called the wrong number and left a voicemail. Some poor guy or girl out there must think the Navy is trying to draft him/her. Stick to your waiting gameplan. There isn't much else one can do in the meantime.

...And I think I saw that video. I thought it was cool. Cheesy, but kinda cool.

A

AlexSmart

The video they show looks sugar-coated and cheesy, although some of the points they make in it seem valid enough.

kfgaris

I have a question. I'm still doing all necessary work to apply for OCS. Here my qual's so far:

Graduated Liberty University Multi-Disciplinary Studies: 3.2 GPA
Extensive leadership experience, leading the youth group at my church.
Currently at hour 17 in Private Pilot Lessons and am planning to get my Private Pilot License in no more than two months from now.
Currently studying for the ASTB.
LOR's will be from both an Air Force retired pilot and recruiter.

Can anyone give me tips for the ASTB. Especially to know what is best to study in the nautical and mechanical comprehension areas?
Also, with my GPA, hopefully decent ASTB scores, and Private Pilot License; what are my chances of getting selected?

Any light you can shed would be appreciated.

jlil41

There is tons of ASTB gouge on this site, use the search function and you will find everything you need. Plus it is way too much to type. Your GPA is good, score high on your ASTB get your license (or not) and apply. No one really knows your chances so just put the best packet together you can.

WhiskeyTango182

22/F/SNA

University of Florida: B.A. History, 3.0 GPA
- Classics National Honor Society
- Marching Band
- College Republicans
LORs: 2 professors, 2 coaches
5/7/6/50
Extracurricular: Club Soccer, Swim Team, Marathon Runner, Triathlete

Ay yi yi. Let the anxiety begin.

nate_j52

Went and finalized everything today. Praying my old skipper gets his LOR in on time for me, as i am told the deadline is Friday, and CO's recommendation helps immensely... especially when hes now CAG. The wait begins... im thinking, if its anything like the march boards, third week of may, what day is anyones guess. Im also told that these are the second set of boards for fiscal yr 11, and that there not as many applicants as there was for the march boards..