• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May 2010 Boards

A

AlexSmart

My recruiter said the 25th. Probably different by a few days for each recruiting district

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Sorry, was a bit snippet back there. Been hanging around the ARMYOCS forums today...they're a tad "uncouth".

nba1290

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this, decided to go for SNA about 1.5 months ago. I took the ASTB about a week and a half ago and I'm doing my best to get all required documents in for May boards. Here's the down and dirty

22 year old male
University of Georgia
Environmental Engineering
3.0/4.0
ASTB: 8/8/9 68

LORs: 1) old school seaman/air traffic controller from Korean War times, long time neighbor
2) Army JAG officer, not sure what level, O-4 maybe?
3) National Guard Pilot, 20+ year pilot for Delta
4) A sweet little old lady I've worked four years for
5) O-6 career pilot for Navy

I've always done sports, tons of community service stuff and leadership stuff in high school (captains of school organizations like student ambassadors), a little less so in college. One slipup freshman year where I got in trouble for underage drinking and fake i.d.

I wish everyone the best of luck and hope that we all hear good news a month and a half from now​

alxclnga

I've been lurking about this site for a while, along with usnavyocs.com but have finally decided to post some stats since I am trying for the May boards.

23 year old male
Texas A&M University
Biology
2.5 GPA :(
ASTB 6/7/6 51
SNA/NFO

LORS:
1) Former AF Pilot O-6. worked together. dude was also an rotc instructor, wrote a great letter
2) Air Force O-6 family friend pretty good letter
3) MSgt Air Force. family friend.
4) possible LoR from current Navy pilot O-1 or O-2

Tae Kwon Do Blackbelt and instructor, high-school sports, captain of many college intramural sports (like that means anything), good amount of community service in high school decent amount in college, not so much lately . . .
Current Middle-level manager at a Publishing company (exemplifies leadership ability/responsibility). Public Intoxication arrest july 4th weekend 2008, charges dismissed.
I've taken nearly 25 hours in college post-bacc to try and ameliorate the GPA situation, earned 3.7 in those 25, I hope the positive trend means something to the OCS board.

Good luck everyone.

jlil41

Finally got my packet done, waiting on one more employer evaluation and it will be sent off.........now the wait begins!!!!

A

AlexSmart

Has anyone spoken to their OR about the next pilot or NFO boards? I am assuming the will board in May because my OR said we are intending to submit my package by the 25th of this month (I am going for pilot or NFO), but has anyone heard anything different?

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Has anyone spoken to their OR about the next pilot or NFO boards? I am assuming the will board in May because my OR said we are intending to submit my package by the 25th of this month (I am going for pilot or NFO), but has anyone heard anything different?

The boards are typically held every month. December is the only month every year that you should expect a board not to be held. Feb this year was because they already had all the people they needed for FY10. Now since March is the beginning of FY11 selectee I'm sure there are going to be plenty of boards throughout the year. I would say expect the board to happen until your OR says there are no boards being held. I hope you have your package in by the 25th because that is actually a Saturday and you can't turn anything in that day.

A

AlexSmart

Good to know. I was not familiar with the scheduling of boards and have only been really paying attention to them since November, so not having them December or February led me to believe they do not meet every month. Looks like the last day this month to have it turned in is the 23rd since 24-25 is the weekend.

jlil41

Yea there is definitely a May board planned as of right now my OR said. I know it is still early, but from the looks of things on here it might be a smaller board (less applicants).

znibbor

There doesn't seem to be a ton of activity on the April board either, I think. Fingers crossed on that one.