• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May 2010 Boards

nate_j52

i dont get this, my OR says im in for the April boards and the deadline is friday, but you guys all tell me that this late in the month im in for may. My OR tells me ill get my answer 2nd or third week of may, that means i must be in for April??

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
i dont get this, my OR says im in for the April boards and the deadline is friday, but you guys all tell me that this late in the month im in for may. My OR tells me ill get my answer 2nd or third week of may, that means i must be in for April??

I'm saying there is something wrong with that situation such as communication or understanding. I will reiterate what I said previously. If you are completing your package by this Friday (April 23, 2010) then you WILL NOT BE IN APRIL BOARDS. You have official missed the cut off by almost a month if you wanted to be seen in April. However, you will be in for the May boards. I doubt the results will be in the second week of the month as that is typically when the board is meeting. Because you are receiving conflicting information why not do a little leg work and see what this site says about this topic? Go to usnavyocs.com and do the same thing. Go to previous boards using the search function to seen when people are getting results. Also use the search function for when you need to have your package in by to be seen for a certain month. You would gain a vast amount of information and a great understanding of the process if you do this instead of listening to two conflicting reports. Good Luck.

Edit: I could be wrong with my statement in the second sentence as you could be stuck in some space time continuum after inventing a flux capacitor but if this is not the case then I stand behind the statement. I'm on my way to get my bubble wrap jumpsuit fitted as we speak. ZOLTAN! J

nate_j52

I'm saying there is something wrong with that situation such as communication or understanding. I will reiterate what I said previously. If you are completing your package by this Friday (April 23, 2010) then you WILL NOT BE IN APRIL BOARDS. You have official missed the cut off by almost a month if you wanted to be seen in April. However, you will be in for the May boards. I doubt the results will be in the second week of the month as that is typically when the board is meeting. Because you are receiving conflicting information why not do a little leg work and see what this site says about this topic? Go to usnavyocs.com and do the same thing. Go to previous boards using the search function to seen when people are getting results. Also use the search function for when you need to have your package in by to be seen for a certain month. You would gain a vast amount of information and a great understanding of the process if you do this instead of listening to two conflicting reports. Good Luck.

Oh, i do my research, To be honest i believe you guys, not trying to be argumentative, really it doesnt matter, i think in march boards they go their pro rec calls in the last week of the month. I know i was rejected in the march boards because my OR didn't have all my evals and stuff, hopefully different this time round,,,

nba1290

Yes, very cheesy actually, especially the Navy drill Instructor, who at times can't remember what he needs to say...

It's an updated version of the following video made in 1973. It was passed on to me by a retired Navy Pilot and it's A LOT BETTER than the new one.

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=196017

Enjoy!

Yea way more intense, don't get me wrong the one we saw was pretty eye-opening, but I'll doubt there's gonna be any stuttering on the DI's part if and when we get there

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Yea way more intense, don't get me wrong the one we saw was pretty eye-opening, but I'll doubt there's gonna be any stuttering on the DI's part if and when we get there

You'll be too busy doing pushups/8 counts/whatever to notice what they are saying. You'll only be wishing for it to be over. Later on they'll give lectures on leadership and whatnot. Hopefully they don't talk in circles like mine did.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
The May board is officially closed... good luck to everyone! I guess we'll be hearing in a month?

jlil41

Yea, the about a month seems right. I was looking at the calender and the 15th and 16th are a Saturday and Sunday, so would the boards meet earlier or after that? I say that because the 15th and 16th seem like the most common date I have seen for the boards on here.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Yes, Monday the 17th sounds pretty accurate. Hopefully by the following Monday information will start flowing out...

Cdierking

I'll be in the May Boards as well:

Pilot/NFO
21/M
Indiana State University for Professional Aviation Flight Technology
I'll graduate in a year, currently 3.1 cumulative

ASTB: 6/7/6 46
3 LORs from Associate Dean of Students/Aviation Professor/Area Director of the building I'm an RA in

I have 270 hrs of flight time and a Commericial Pilot Certificate.
I work as a Resident Assistant while balancing Fraternity stuff as well.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Third week of May sounds pretty accurate to me although maybe a too soon, huh? Hopefully not though!

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
The April Board results were released today!

Many selected with "low" ASTB scores. It tells you that the ASTB is important but not the sole factor when choosing candidates!
Hopefully we'll get the results in less than a month! I can't wait any longer!
Good luck to all once again!

jlil41

Now we sit around and wait and wait and wait!!!!! I have only been in the process since February and I feel like I have been waiting for YEARS!!!