• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 23 AMDO board

Good morning,

I just submitted my package to the board and I just wanted to post here to tell y’all I’m relieved it was pushed through for this cycle.

I was able to get appraised by a RADM, 2 CAPT, and a CDR, so I want to believe I have a decent chance.

GL to everyone!

Gizmo85

Good morning,

I just submitted my package to the board and I just wanted to post here to tell y’all I’m relieved it was pushed through for this cycle.

I was able to get appraised by a RADM, 2 CAPT, and a CDR, so I want to believe I have a decent chance.

GL to everyone!
Is this for Active Duty or Reserve AMDO Board? As well getting a RADM, 2 CAPT and a CDR is great. You have a shot , but remember other factors play role.

Is this for Active Duty or Reserve AMDO Board? As well getting a RADM, 2 CAPT and a CDR is great. You have a shot , but remember other factors play role.
Yea, I have a lot more than that, definitely hit the technical degree requirement, 3.87 GPA, Suma Cum Laude, time in service of 7 years, awards, 3 LOR from all CAPT. etc… thankfully, all my appraisals resulted in all 10s, my OAR I would say is not competitive, it is painfully average. I had a lot of help along the way which also taught me a bunch about myself and how to go about networking.

Yea, I have a lot more than that, definitely hit the technical degree requirement, 3.87 GPA, Suma Cum Laude, time in service of 7 years, awards, 3 LOR from all CAPT. etc… thankfully, all my appraisals resulted in all 10s, my OAR I would say is not competitive, it is painfully average. I had a lot of help along the way which also taught me a bunch about myself and how to go about networking.
And yes this is Active Duty

Gizmo85

You have the whole package in my opinion. Your GPA, Awards, LORs from three Naval Captains and the networking is what's going to get you selected. I'm applying on the Reserves side for AMDO. What I learned from Networking from Senior AMDOs is making your package stick out and make sure it tells a story of who you are. Both myself and my Reserve CO who is a CAPT (SEL) are Senior Engineers in the civilian sector. I made sure to get appraisals and interviews from O6s and above. One thing that set me apart was how i was able to earn an Navy and Marine Corps Commendation medal at the time as an E4 for outstanding aircraft maintenance .

You have the whole package in my opinion. Your GPA, Awards, LORs from three Naval Captains and the networking is what's going to get you selected. I'm applying on the Reserves side for AMDO. What I learned from Networking from Senior AMDOs is making your package stick out and make sure it tells a story of who you are. Both myself and my Reserve CO who is a CAPT (SEL) are Senior Engineers in the civilian sector. I made sure to get appraisals and interviews from O6s and above. One thing that set me apart was how i was able to earn an Navy and Marine Corps Commendation medal at the time as an E4 for outstanding aircraft maintenance .
Same, my first NAM was as an E1 for refurbing a static display for a 2 star.

Hey also, did you look into DCO for reserves at all?

Gizmo85

True, I struggled with getting interviews at first, but after a bunch of cold calling I was successful.
There is an AMDO Community page I found a year ago. I was able to reach out to one that I served in the same CAG with while I was still on active duty. What you did was smart, calling around until you got what you needed shows how committed you are to getting selected. Most people give up when hitting a wall.

There is an AMDO Community page I found a year ago. I was able to reach out to one that I served in the same CAG with while I was still on active duty. What you did was smart, calling around until you got what you needed shows how committed you are to getting selected. Most people give up when hitting a wall.
No, not me I called everyone I could find that was O6 and above. Definitely a fun but difficult process.