• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 23 AMDO board

r3coil

Greetings all. Haven't seen a thread yet for the spring board of 2023.

ADC with 10 years TIS, career F18 guy. Majority of career spent at FDNF squadrons in Japan.

In work on getting appraisals now. Hoping to have CDR and two CAPTs. 5th time to apply (yea I know). Hoping my stars align this time around.

Lets get this thread going and good luck yall!

Last edited:

Nii Ayitey

ADC with 10 years TIS, career F18 guy. Majority of career spent at FDNF squadrons in Japan.

In work on getting appraisals now. Hoping to have CDR and two CAPTs. 5th time to apply (yea I know). Hoping my stars align this time around.

Best of Luck. Prior AE1, 11 years TIS, 1st-year AMDO here. Feel free to reach out if you need any help with your package.

Last edited:
Did you need waiver for TIS?

Canapillar21

Hey all, just got the bad news from last board. Hopefully, April will be our month. A little about me:

Former AT2; TIS 7 plus years (not quite 8) separated 2018;
4 years civilian working experience, 2 as defense contractor working directly with squadrons;
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University alumnus;
BS in Aeronautics, minor in Aviation Maintenance Operations, GPA 3.74;
MS in Space Operations (pursuing), GPA 4.0

Could not get evals in time to include in package, also did not have letters of recommendation (was told they are no longer required). Needless to say, those items will be included next go around; lesson learned.

Let's keep each other motivated. Don't give up! We got this!!

exNavyOffRec

Hey all, just got the bad news from last board. Hopefully, April will be our month. A little about me:

Former AT2; TIS 7 plus years (not quite 8) separated 2018;
4 years civilian working experience, 2 as defense contractor working directly with squadrons;
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University alumnus;
BS in Aeronautics, minor in Aviation Maintenance Operations, GPA 3.74;
MS in Space Operations (pursuing), GPA 4.0

Could not get evals in time to include in package, also did not have letters of recommendation (was told they are no longer required). Needless to say, those items will be included next go around; lesson learned.

Let's keep each other motivated. Don't give up! We got this!!
Some designators LOR's are not required nor do they do any good such as SNA and SNFO, however most other designators I would encourage LOR's and add that they should be from people who have known you AND seen you perform for a significant amount of time.

abigail vytlas

OCS SNFO/AMDO
I am looking forward to this upcoming board as well, my package got processed late so I didn't make it to the last board.

AT1 with 10 years, TIS waiver approved.
OAR score is 54.
BA in Interdisciplinary Studies, GPA is 3.3
Appraisals are 1 LT, 1 LCDR, 2 CDRs. And 1 CAPT LOR.
Currently an instructor so I'm completing all the NAMP courses during my down time.

ForgingALegacy

Hello !

This will be my second application.
AS1, 9 TIS- Waiver approved Oct-2022.
47 OAR
BS UMGC Management studies GPA 3.89

I have a few questions as this will be my first time doing a resubmission.

Does the waiver for TIS carry-over from the OCT22 board?
Also looking for a mentor that can help me through the process. Thank you and good luck to all!

r3coil

Hello !

This will be my second application.
AS1, 9 TIS- Waiver approved Oct-2022.
47 OAR
BS UMGC Management studies GPA 3.89

I have a few questions as this will be my first time doing a resubmission.

Does the waiver for TIS carry-over from the OCT22 board?
Also looking for a mentor that can help me through the process. Thank you and good luck to all!
Ive had to get new TIS waivers every time. The waiver endorsement that you received for your TIS from the 1520 OCM should have specified for which board it applied to. At least mine was like that.

USN Lambo

Good Afternoon Everyone,

AE1 with 6 years TIS. Was just picked up for AMDO this past October board. So waiting on orders to OCS.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to reach out.

r3coil

Just curious, do you have SFF/Production control?
Hi. Tbh, I'm not sure SFF/production control really holds serious weight for AMDO (not like it does for 6330 ldo). I had my sff with documented usage and EP, and didnt get picked up early this year. Based on what I've noticed from the past 2 years that Ive been applying, it seems like TIS is a big factor, the less your TIS, the better your chances. Also the better your education stats are (gpa, oar, having a masters) are very appealing as well. This is just my observation. Im not saying that if you got more than 8 years TIS, you dont stand a chance, because if that was the case, I wouldn't be wasting my time with another amdo application. All Im saying is that the amdo community is clearly looking at sailors who have legs long enough to make CDR without there being any risk of them getting out before a DH tour. So it seems like high grades and low TIS somewhat outweighs experience and proven leadership/managerial performance.

Hi. Tbh, I'm not sure SFF/production control really holds serious weight for AMDO (not like it does for 6330 ldo). I had my sff with documented usage and EP, and didnt get picked up early this year. Based on what I've noticed from the past 2 years that Ive been applying, it seems like TIS is a big factor, the less your TIS, the better your chances. Also the better your education stats are (gpa, oar, having a masters) are very appealing as well. This is just my observation. Im not saying that if you got more than 8 years TIS, you dont stand a chance, because if that was the case, I wouldn't be wasting my time with another amdo application. All Im saying is that the amdo community is clearly looking at sailors who have legs long enough to make CDR without there being any risk of them getting out before a DH tour. So it seems like high grades and low TIS somewhat outweighs experience and proven leadership/managerial performance.
Thats really interesting. I thought maintenance experience would hold a lot of weight just because you would probably be above your peers. I don't think I'd stand a chance then. 10 years TIS. Low GPA. High OAR. Lots of maint/qa/leadership experience. Couldn't you just stay in more than 20 to make CDR if you have more than 8-10 years TIS? Like do 28-30 years.

r3coil

Thats really interesting. I thought maintenance experience would hold a lot of weight just because you would probably be above your peers. I don't think I'd stand a chance then. 10 years TIS. Low GPA. High OAR. Lots of maint/qa/leadership experience. Couldn't you just stay in more than 20 to make CDR if you have more than 8-10 years TIS? Like do 28-30 years.