• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 23 AMDO board

r3coil

I wouldn't say you don't stand a chance. I know some who got selected at their 10 year mark. And also, it all boils down how competitive applicants are for a specific board. I'm at 10 years TIS just like you, and if I thought I didn't stand a chance, I wouldn't be applying for the 5th time. All I'm saying is from what I've observed, low TIS is a BIG factor now. And together with a high GPA, that makes a really competitive candidate for 1520, regardless of how minimal leadership experience they have. AMDO isn't like 6330 ldo, where they list what they want in the discreet requirements. Again, this is just my personal observation. Definitely still apply. As I said, I know people who have got selected despite having more than 8 years tis.

exNavyOffRec

I wouldn't say you don't stand a chance. I know some who got selected at their 10 year mark. And also, it all boils down how competitive applicants are for a specific board.
One thing to remember is the board doesn't need to use all the spots they have available, there have been many cases were a board let spots go unfilled, AMDO usually doesn't have that problem.

I would agree with your observations.

I wouldn't say you don't stand a chance. I know some who got selected at their 10 year mark. And also, it all boils down how competitive applicants are for a specific board. I'm at 10 years TIS just like you, and if I thought I didn't stand a chance, I wouldn't be applying for the 5th time. All I'm saying is from what I've observed, low TIS is a BIG factor now. And together with a high GPA, that makes a really competitive candidate for 1520, regardless of how minimal leadership experience they have. AMDO isn't like 6330 ldo, where they list what they want in the discreet requirements. Again, this is just my personal observation. Definitely still apply. As I said, I know people who have got selected despite having more than 8 years tis.
Thanks for the insight. I really wasn't sure of the requirement difference between ldo and amdo.
No was full systems QAR. Didn’t have a chance to get either of those qualifications.
I also have full system QAR. Seems SFF isn't a big factor in selection if prior enlisted.

Gizmo85

Greetings all. Haven't seen a thread yet for the spring board of 2023.

ADC with 10 years TIS, career F18 guy. Majority of career spent at FDNF squadrons in Japan.

In work on getting appraisals now. Hoping to have CDR and two CAPTs. 5th time to apply (yea I know). Hoping my stars align this time around.

Lets get this thread going and good luck yall!
Applying for SELRES AMDO

AM2 with 5 Years Active-Duty F/18s
SSgt 6 years F/22 Avionics Air National Guard
Maintainer Level Civilian Work Experience F/18s, H-60s, E-2s, C-130 and C-5s.
Currently Senior Engineer for Lockheed/Electronics Warfare for CH-53Ks.

Education
Bachelors in business administration GPA 3.36
Associates in Avionics Systems Technology GPA 4.0

High Military Award.
The Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Applying for SELRES AMDO

AM2 with 5 Years Active-Duty F/18s
SSgt 6 years F/22 Avionics Air National Guard
Maintainer Level Civilian Work Experience F/18s, H-60s, E-2s, C-130 and C-5s.
Currently Senior Engineer for Lockheed/Electronics Warfare for CH-53Ks.

Education
Bachelors in business administration GPA 3.36
Associates in Avionics Systems Technology GPA 4.0

High Military Award.
The Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal

Just a heads up this is an active duty AMDO thread. There’s a reserve NAVAIR thread that you can find.

r3coil

Hello all. Anyone got any updates in regards to their applications? Just did my interviews yesterday. Will be submitting my package by next week. OCM endorsed my TIS waiver request, but told me this is my last attempt because they are supposedly making a new program authorization where waivers only be granted up to 10 years TIS. 5th and final attempt for me. Good luck all.

Gizmo85

Hello all. Anyone got any updates in regards to their applications? Just did my interviews yesterday. Will be submitting my package by next week. OCM endorsed my TIS waiver request, but told me this is my last attempt because they are supposedly making a new program authorization where waivers only be granted up to 10 years TIS. 5th and final attempt for me. Good luck all.
You got this

Did they say when that PA would be out?

Nii Ayitey

According to the schedule it's not until the 20th. Either way I'm excited that we are getting closer to knowing the results. Good luck to everyone that applied!
Board convenes 20th March. The "at board" list was posted on Wednesday and that's what I was referring to. So in other words, good luck to everyone/packages at the board.