• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board Nov 20

avmar

I was also just called by my OR. I was selected for IP. OCS date is May 30.
Thanks to everyone in this thread for sticking it out together. To those that didn't get selected, don't give up! In my opinion, the more you apply, the more you show them that you want it!

zarevich

It seems like several of you guys that weren't selected are far into your careers, do you think that was an issue? I missed this board and will be on the March board with 13 years TIS. Just trying to temper my expectations.
Chances definitely go down because they looking for people to become Captains. For us with a good amount of time on our belts, chances of becoming Captain are slim to none.

dimes05

Can someone with access possibly PM me the results? BOL isn't showing anything, and nobody's contact me
Pretty sure the response time for AD is longer. I got prorec-y for 1800 almost 2 weeks ago and still haven't seen anything on BOL or heard anything my command.

Nadmik

Well, I found my name on the 18300 list. Don't have a date yet as I am AD, but hoping for the end of March or beginning of April!
Congratulations to all selectees and to everybody else, good luck on the next board!

PringleMan

As promised I ran some numbers. The way this is written is X/Y where X is how many were selected that specifically applied to that designator, and Y is the total applicants for that designator. Followed by a note of additional selectees that were shifted over from an application for another Designator.

Oceano - 2/7, 1 shifted from Intel application. 3 total selectees
CW - 14/55, 7 Shifted over from Intel. 21 total selectees
IP - 15/59, 4 Shifted over from Intel. 19 total selectees
Intel - 26/174, 12 shifted out to other designators.

All people that were shifted to other designators were applications to 1830 Intel that were shifted over to something else. No one was shifted out of a CW/IP/Oceano application.

With that in mind, the percentage chance of selection for each designator (not counting the shift-ins) looks like this:
Oceano - 28.5%
CW - 25.5%
IP - 25.4%
Intel - 14.9% (or, removing the 12 that were shifted out, 16%)

If we look at just how many people applied to the IWC in general, regardless of how many designators one applied for:
69 bodies selected out of 213 unique persons, 32.3% chance of being selected for the IWC.

Lilsting

As promised I ran some numbers. The way this is written is X/Y where X is how many were selected that specifically applied to that designator, and Y is the total applicants for that designator. Followed by a note of additional selectees that were shifted over from an application for another Designator.

Oceano - 2/7, 1 shifted from Intel application. 3 total selectees
CW - 14/55, 7 Shifted over from Intel. 21 total selectees
IP - 15/59, 4 Shifted over from Intel. 19 total selectees
Intel - 26/174, 12 shifted out to other designators.

All people that were shifted to other designators were applications to 1830 Intel that were shifted over to something else. No one was shifted out of a CW/IP/Oceano application.

With that in mind, the percentage chance of selection for each designator (not counting the shift-ins) looks like this:
Oceano - 28.5%
CW - 25.5%
IP - 25.4%
Intel - 14.9% (or, removing the 12 that were shifted out, 16%)

If we look at just how many people applied to the IWC in general, regardless of how many designators one applied for:
69 bodies selected out of 213 unique persons, 32.3% chance of being selected for the IWC.

Are you able to see if I made it?