• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board Nov 20

Terminader

I hope everyone gets their results soon and wish everyone luck on getting selected! I'm sure the day you find out will come sooner that you think, it did for me. Unfortunately I was a Pro Rec-N for OCEANO, but being a Naval Officer is more important to me so I'll gladly take SWO. For those who end up not being selected, remember that it doesn't discredit all the hard work it took for you to get to this point and you should be proud of getting this far in the process! I hope that sounded motivational...

zarevich

What a relief that would be to simply know the answer! Reading this thread on the daily, I can tell all of us are on pins and needles.
Definitely for civilians, for active duty it’s a regular day. We are used to the waiting game, everyone is also ready for PRT. plus unlike civilians who can leave for OCS within 1-3 months after results come out, for AD we would wait at least 3 months before school and we have plenty of time to get ready for whatever we are weak on.

PringleMan

Definitely for civilians, for active duty it’s a regular day. We are used to the waiting game, everyone is also ready for PRT. plus unlike civilians who can leave for OCS within 1-3 months after results come out, for AD we would wait at least 3 months before school and we have plenty of time to get ready for whatever we are weak on.
And also the fact that right now it looks like AD personnel are just getting "FY-22" as their ship dates, it is going to be a looooong wait.

jetphiltx

I've never served in the military and only have heard second hand how it's like, so I don't know completely what you're talking about. However, I'm definitely getting an idea about how they run the recruitment process now. Without ever being enlisted, I don't know how grueling that must be for AD candidates waiting for the board to decide on their apps, yet I've heard the way the military treats enlisted & officer is like night & day. Currently, my full-time job is in our busiest season, and it's getting more difficult every day to be motivated to be at the grinding stone for 12+ hours. Furthermore, the powers that be are on our cases about the work we're tasked with - just a couple of reasons why I know this isn't the industry I should be in. When I was a youngster, I never imagined I'd work in the role & industry I'm working now at my age - it baffles the mind! At any rate best of luck to all y'all here! I'm sure this forum will be even more lively than it has been once results start to roll out!

PringleMan

I've never served in the military and only have heard second hand how it's like, so I don't know completely what you're talking about. However, I'm definitely getting an idea about how they run the recruitment process now. Without ever being enlisted, I don't know how grueling that must be for AD candidates waiting for the board to decide on their apps, yet I've heard the way the military treats enlisted & officer is like night & day. Currently, my full-time job is in our busiest season, and it's getting more difficult every day to be motivated to be at the grinding stone for 12+ hours. Furthermore, the powers that be are on our cases about the work we're tasked with - just a couple of reasons why I know this isn't the industry I should be in. When I was a youngster, I never imagined I'd work in the role & industry I'm working now at my age - it baffles the mind! At any rate best of luck to all y'all here! I'm sure this forum will be even more lively than it has been once results start to roll out!

It varies by branch and community. My postings have been in Aviation and right now in Foreign Affairs, and honestly I would not really call it night and day. Certainly they are treated better / more like adults, but on the other hand Officers are not usually the ones committing liberty incidents. A lot of the metrics between the two really come down more to Officers getting paid more. On the other hand, the only real direct comparison you can show is in stuff like housing quality, and the Junior Officer housing and Senior Enlisted housing are frequently the same neighborhoods on a base so...eh? At sea, on a ship, certainly it is much better to be an Officer, but I think really a lot of the bad blood (at least in this household) about it comes from how uppity officer spouses tend to be towards enlisted spouses. The Officers dont associate with the Enlisted off the clock unless it is a whole-department event, and for some reason that inevitably turns into some weird superiority complex for the officer spouses. For those coming in with spouses, please try to make them be inclusive of the Enlisted spouses. And definitely do not let them get this mindset that they hold some sort of rank or precedence among the other spouses. They dont hold rank, you do.

BasketballisLife

It varies by branch and community. My postings have been in Aviation and right now in Foreign Affairs, and honestly I would not really call it night and day. Certainly they are treated better / more like adults, but on the other hand Officers are not usually the ones committing liberty incidents. A lot of the metrics between the two really come down more to Officers getting paid more. On the other hand, the only real direct comparison you can show is in stuff like housing quality, and the Junior Officer housing and Senior Enlisted housing are frequently the same neighborhoods on a base so...eh? At sea, on a ship, certainly it is much better to be an Officer, but I think really a lot of the bad blood (at least in this household) about it comes from how uppity officer spouses tend to be towards enlisted spouses. The Officers dont associate with the Enlisted off the clock unless it is a whole-department event, and for some reason that inevitably turns into some weird superiority complex for the officer spouses. For those coming in with spouses, please try to make them be inclusive of the Enlisted spouses. And definitely do not let them get this mindset that they hold some sort of rank or precedence among the other spouses. They dont hold rank, you do.
mic drop

nobody likes a dependapotamous who wears their spouse's rank.

I echo those sentiments. The most down to earth officers I've met usually were prior enlisted or the non-academy types. Although the best CO I worked with was an Academy grad.

zarevich

There is also a big difference between IWC and SWO/Supply officers. From what I have experienced so far, IWC community is more chill/relaxed. A lot of times we call each other by first name basis, civilian attire on fridays,etc. Much different on a ship or shore duty for fleet people.

PringleMan

There is also a big difference between IWC and SWO/Supply officers. From what I have experienced so far, IWC community is more chill/relaxed. A lot of times we call each other by first name basis, civilian attire on fridays,etc. Much different on a ship or shore duty for fleet people.
Aviation was like that. Maybe not THAT relaxed, but certainly there was not a whole lot of interest in dressing down someone for some minor deficiency if they were good at their job. Maintained the sirs and ma'ams, but I had a skipper that would wander into the shop when they were bored and talk about being on a Taco Bell diet.