• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board Nov 20

Triumph_MAC

Could I assume that your chief will be one of the first to know which civilians are being selected based on what you said? Maybe your chief could throw my OR a glance at it if that's the case. :)
Haha, no. Results stay in a tight circle and it's considered an integrity violation for anyone to put them out there before they are officially released. If your OR has access to ENTRS or CETARS, they may be able to check class rosters for your name. It all really depends on where they are in the process of finalizing results.

jetphiltx

Haha, no. Results stay in a tight circle and it's considered an integrity violation for anyone to put them out there before they are officially released. If your OR has access to ENTRS or CETARS, they may be able to check class rosters for your name. It all really depends on where they are in the process of finalizing results.

Word, I hear ya there. I'm a patient fellow, so a few more weeks won't kill me. Considering what I'm signing for, I better get used to the hurry up and wait type of thing pronto.

dimes05

Anyone know what happens if I end up transferring before results are out? Covid has pushed my schedule up because of ROM requirements.

zarevich

Anyone know what happens if I end up transferring before results are out? Covid has pushed my schedule up because of ROM requirements.
Not sure if they use the emails of your CO, XO, and CCC that you wrote on your first page of the package, but my guess is if they do, they should give you a call or maybe let your next command know you were selected. If I were you though, once people actually start hearing about official results, ask somebody to send you the results or check for your name.

dimes05

Not sure if they use the emails of your CO, XO, and CCC that you wrote on your first page of the package, but my guess is if they do, they should give you a call or maybe let your next command know you were selected. If I were you though, once people actually start hearing about official results, ask somebody to send you the results or check for your name.
If it ends up like the Aviation board I'll be able to see the results 2-3 days after they are released on BOL. I had just read something about having to pull my application but wasn't sure.

Takami86

If you read the 1420 it says you cannot transfer with an active OCS package, you should notify navperscom by naval message that your orders must be "held in obeyance due to ocs application" or you would have to remove your package from consideration. For full explanation though just read the 1420 ocs section.

zarevich

Just found this while looking for something else. Something you might be able to talk to your chain of command about.

Chrdavis

I noticed the results for this board several of you received OAR waivers. I currently have a 49 and am curious on how you began the process for this OAR waiver? I emailed the OCM at BUPERS-31_IWC_FTC requesting it and have called him several times but no answer.

zarevich

I noticed the results for this board several of you received OAR waivers. I currently have a 49 and am curious on how you began the process for this OAR waiver? I emailed the OCM at BUPERS-31_IWC_FTC requesting it and have called him several times but no answer.
Just got to write a statement to the board explaining why you requesting an OAR waiver. I have a 49 on my second try and my statement was pretty much explaining how I’m saving my third try in case my OAR waiver does not get approved or if I do not get selected and have a chance to retake OAR to get higher score and reapply within 6 months. I explained how I took the OAR 6 years ago for STA-21 before starting any college courses.
Not the best excuse but it is great that the board convenes every 3 months, plenty of time to study up and retake OAR if needed.

Chrdavis

Just got to write a statement to the board explaining why you requesting an OAR waiver. I have a 49 on my second try and my statement was pretty much explaining how I’m saving my third try in case my OAR waiver does not get approved or if I do not get selected and have a chance to retake OAR to get higher score and reapply within 6 months. I explained how I took the OAR 6 years ago for STA-21 before starting any college courses.
Not the best excuse but it is great that the board convenes every 3 months, plenty of time to study up and retake OAR if needed.
Zarevich,

In the PA 108A it says that waivers (my OAR) must be letter of formal request to OCM then routed to CNRC who is the approval. Is this not the most current way to do it? Also, has anyone had success with contacting the OCM?

zarevich

If you are active duty, your CO has to sign and recommend your waiver before it is sent of. If you are civilian, my guess would be it is your recruiter. Once CO approves your waiver request, we sent it to Mr. Celestine where he sends it to the appropriate OCM.

dldis

If you are active duty, your CO has to sign and recommend your waiver before it is sent of. If you are civilian, my guess would be it is your recruiter. Once CO approves your waiver request, we sent it to Mr. Celestine where he sends it to the appropriate OCM.
Thanks for the OAR waiver information! Is there a specific format or letterhead that is to be used? Or is just free speech requesting a waiver with the CO's signatures underneath?

dldis

It only took about 2 weeks. I had applied for an age waiver for aviation and OAR for intel. Both were approved.
Is there a specific way to format or word the waivers? Once you have them, who do you send them to? Do they get sent with your package or before? I appreciate any help/advice on this. Thank you!

PringleMan

Follow the standard naval correspondence format with an endorsement by your CO/OR. Something like paragraph 1 being "I formally request blah blah blah" and then paragraph 2 could be amplifying/mitigating information.

The "to" address would be the chair of the board, and then it gets slid into the package where the checklist says to put age waivers. They really mean waivers in general.

Your package will not be seen by the board until all of your waivers have been approved. So if you need them, best to submit earlier than the deadline to give it time to work through the chains it needs to.